Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier

+8
Dendrobates
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
DWags
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Empty Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier

Post by DWags 2017-10-24, 19:35

Jesus. Scumbags all around.

Doesn’t mean Chris Steals report isn’t accurate, but Jesus. We all suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Empty Re: Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-24, 19:40

Which means they have been lying about it for quite some time, right? It is this kind of dishonestly that allows Trump to remain credible to roughly 1/3 of the electorate. As for the contents, I believe some of the claims made in the dossier about Manafort seem to have legs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Empty Re: Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier

Post by DWags 2017-10-24, 19:48

Turtleneck wrote:Which means they have been lying about it for quite some time, right? It is this kind of dishonestly that allows Trump to remain credible to roughly 1/3 of the electorate. As for the contents, I believe some of the claims made in the dossier about Manafort seem to have legs.

Fusion GPS had already been on the job doing Trump/Russia research for an unnamed republican during primaries. CNN asked if it was Cruz but nobody knows... yet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 19:57

Maggie Haberman‏Verified account @maggieNYT

Folks involved in funding this lied about it, and with sanctimony, for a year
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 20:05

Welcome to politics friends. Please continue to pay attention to detail. Here is a quote from the original article and a link to prove it. We knew this (or I guess Ted Cruz. Or Jeb!. But one of the three or so.) already. Let’s all panic.

“The document was prepared for political opponents of Trump by a person who is understood to be a former British intelligence agent.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/kenbensinger/these-reports-allege-trump-has-deep-ties-to-russia

Note- it also makes Maggie’s tweet sorta ludicrous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-24, 20:11

Just wait until y'all read her emails.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-24, 20:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just wait until y'all read her emails.

Maggie's?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 20:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just wait until y'all read her emails.

Maggie's?

I worked there in college back before the owner killed himself. Stole so much free beer.* It was great.

*not why he killed himself
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-24, 20:28

How is this new news? Anyone who's been paying attention knew that the Fusion GPS report was originally a GOP oppo research report that was then picked up by the Dems after Trump got the nomination. Seriously anyone please tell me the new info.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 20:38

Rocinante wrote:How is this new news? Anyone who's been paying attention knew that the Fusion GPS report was originally a GOP oppo research report that was then picked up by the Dems after Trump got the nomination. Seriously anyone please tell me the new info.

Please stop copying my posts roc
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 21:12

Rocinante wrote:How is this new news? Anyone who's been paying attention knew that the Fusion GPS report was originally a GOP oppo research report that was then picked up by the Dems after Trump got the nomination. Seriously anyone please tell me the new info.

The new information is that the Clinton campaign paid for the work to continue/expand. They've denied this for over a year. They lied and this is the source of most the collusion farce.

Russia-Obsessed Media Shocked To Discover Facts About Russia Stories That Discredit Their Narrative
Just for the record how would you feel if the FBI under Trump was trying to pay for information on the 2020 Democrat nominee?

You might think that Russia-obsessed journalists would share the president’s curiosity about who funded the dossier and why Fusion GPS partners are worried about their legal jeopardy. You might think otherwise. Jake Sherman, a Politico senior writer, was utterly shocked to learn that there are questions about the FBI paying for the dossier. To wit:

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Screen-Shot-2017-10-19-at-1.04.15-PM-430x270

Fun fact: the FBI was also in the U.S. government when word first got out that they tried to pay for opposition research on the out-of-power party’s nominee! Here’s the Washington Post’s Karen Tumulty:

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Screen-Shot-2017-10-19-at-1.18.24-PM-470x155

Before I respond, a quick digression. Sometimes readers or viewers complain that “the media” haven’t covered a story. And it will turn out that the story was covered, deep in one media outlet’s newspaper. Or for a few seconds of a newscast. The Journolisters of Twitter don’t help the story go viral. They don’t dig further. It dies. But when readers complain that the story wasn’t covered, they point to that piece on page D14 and say, “See! We covered it!”

If I were a Fusion GPS-connected journalist desperate to bury news of the firm’s refusal to cooperate with a congressional investigation into Russian meddling in U.S. affairs, that is the approach I would have taken, instead of the one taken by journalists today. The approach they took today was to pretend that the story was made up. Instead, they could have pointed to the story that ran in the Washington Post on February 28 about how the FBI tried to pay the dossier drafter to continue his work:

Read all of it if you want a viewpoint from the Right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 21:17

LooseGoose wrote:

The new information is that the Clinton campaign paid for the work to continue/expand. They've denied this for over a year. They lied and this is the source of most the collusion farce.

Russia-Obsessed Media Shocked To Discover Facts About Russia Stories That Discredit Their Narrative
Just for the record how would you feel if the FBI under Trump was trying to pay for information on the 2020 Democrat nominee?

You might think that Russia-obsessed journalists would share the president’s curiosity about who funded the dossier and why Fusion GPS partners are worried about their legal jeopardy. You might think otherwise. Jake Sherman, a Politico senior writer, was utterly shocked to learn that there are questions about the FBI paying for the dossier. To wit:

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Screen-Shot-2017-10-19-at-1.04.15-PM-430x270

Fun fact: the FBI was also in the U.S. government when word first got out that they tried to pay for opposition research on the out-of-power party’s nominee! Here’s the Washington Post’s Karen Tumulty:

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Screen-Shot-2017-10-19-at-1.18.24-PM-470x155

Before I respond, a quick digression. Sometimes readers or viewers complain that “the media” haven’t covered a story. And it will turn out that the story was covered, deep in one media outlet’s newspaper. Or for a few seconds of a newscast. The Journolisters of Twitter don’t help the story go viral. They don’t dig further. It dies. But when readers complain that the story wasn’t covered, they point to that piece on page D14 and say, “See! We covered it!”

If I were a Fusion GPS-connected journalist desperate to bury news of the firm’s refusal to cooperate with a congressional investigation into Russian meddling in U.S. affairs, that is the approach I would have taken, instead of the one taken by journalists today. The approach they took today was to pretend that the story was made up. Instead, they could have pointed to the story that ran in the Washington Post on February 28 about how the FBI tried to pay the dossier drafter to continue his work:

Read all of it if you want a viewpoint from the Right.

Shouldn’t really fuckin matter goose. That’s what makes you a joke here and why your posts have the credibility of... shit I dunno something that has no credibility.

If anyone in the Democratic Party, up to and including Hillary, did anything wrong in the Russia stuff then I think they should be prosecuted just like trump, and every single other republican, should be if he did anything wrong.

You are so dense on this shit dog. For real. It’s almost amusing whenever you say “tribalism” and try to pretend that isn’t you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-24, 21:24

LooseGoose wrote:

That is wrong. Absolutely wrong. I also love how you decidedly call it farce with no more knowledge of the investigation than what has been made public, which is nowhere near conclusive one way or the other.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-24, 22:53

Goose talking about facts. Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 05:29

gives the mainstream media something to distract people away from the sexual predator's antics and deplorable behavior
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 05:33

Oh, and Benghazi!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-25, 09:27

What’s the big deal?
Donald Jr. was eager to attend a meeting with Russians thinking it was going to be about getting information detrimental to his father’s opponent.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 09:34

GRR Spartan wrote:What’s the big deal?
Donald Jr. was eager to attend a meeting with Russians thinking it was going to be about getting information detrimental to his father’s opponent.
just wait until the mainstream media gets wind of Hillary operating a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-10-25, 09:52

Will someone explain what's the big deal about it?

It's not illegal, right? And the issue I would have is if they paid for this and it isn't true, then someone needs to be prosecuted. But if this is true, then what's wrong about it?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 10:09

Dendrobates wrote:Will someone explain what's the big deal about it?

It's not illegal, right? And the issue I would have is if they paid for this and it isn't true, then someone needs to be prosecuted. But if this is true, then what's wrong about it?
it's about demonizing Hillary Clinton and distracting a very distract-able American public away from issues and events that actually matter.

beyond that.. whatever. I tuned all of the peripheral garbage out years ago.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 10:10

oh - and it also means that the pee tapes are real.

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 10:52

Exactly it was started by the Jeb Bush campaign.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh - and it also means that the pee tapes are real.

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier Giphy

Leading theory is he hates Obama so much he hired two prostitutes to piss on a bed he once slept in. How come this theory seems plausible?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-25, 12:30

steveschneider wrote:

Exactly it was started by the Jeb Bush campaign.

Okay, so the "new" information is that it wasn't "the Democrats" but the Clinton Campaign specifically that took up the Fusion GPS effort after Trump got the nomination. I guess I don't get the scandal, because although Clinton alluded to some of the information in the dossier during one of the debates, the actual thing wasn't published until after the election was over. Now, if it had been leaked by Clinton's campaign prior to the election, that would be gross, and deserving of derision. But simply paying for it shouldn't be a scandal, imo.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 12:35

Didn't John McCain leak it to the press after the election?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-25, 12:40

steveschneider wrote:Didn't John McCain leak it to the press after the election?

I had not heard that. If you have a link....
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 12:41

steveschneider wrote:Didn't John McCain leak it to the press after the election?
not sure about John McCain.

but the Russian prostitutes leaked quite a bit in that Moscow hotel room with the sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 12:43

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-25, 12:48

steveschneider wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

Giving the report to the FBI (who I believe actually already had it) is not leaking. Apparently it had been in the hands of various news orgs. for a while but nobody wanted to publish due to the dubiousness of the claims. A lot of other news orgs were pissed at buzzfeed for publishing because it screwed up their attempts to verify some of it. Of course in the subsequent months, we have learned that some of it is true.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 12:50

I'm not going to dig into it but going off memory I thought he gave it to MotherJones or through him it found it's way to the press. This report had been all over Washington.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 13:01

So I decided not to be lazy and looked it up further. It is not clear who leaked it to the press, my guess is someone in the FBI did but Motherjones first reported of its existence and then BUZZFEED dumped the whole thing.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2017-10-25, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 13:14

Either way can someone explain to me why it’s bad that the Clinton campaign paid for this research?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-25, 13:25

steveschneider wrote:Either way can someone explain to me why it’s bad that the Clinton campaign paid for this research?

I don't know but it's the top story at Fox News right now. Other than the salacious detail that the lawyer for the DNC, who also happened to be the lawyer for the Clinton campaign picked up the FusionGPS report and kept paying for more after Trump got the nomination, they are alleging (with absolutely no sources listed) that the FBI was going to pick up the bill and continue the investigation through Steele, but backed out when he was outed. I'd like to know where they got that unsourced claim.

I guess the whole row is about how reporters asked DNC people point blank if they were involved, and they said no? Which is now proven to be untrue? It's the coverup, not the crime?

Regardless, Mueller is beyond congress' reach. The only person that can touch him is Trump, and if he does, he signs his own death warrant.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 13:26

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Either way can someone explain to me why it’s bad that the Clinton campaign paid for this research?

I don't know but it's the top story at Fox News right now. Other than the salacious detail that the lawyer for the DNC, who also happened to be the lawyer for the Clinton campaign picked up the FusionGPS report and kept paying for more after Trump got the nomination, they are alleging (with absolutely no sources listed) that the FBI was going to pick up the bill and continue the investigation through Steele, but backed out when he was outed. I'd like to know where they got that unsourced claim.

I guess the whole row is about how reporters asked DNC people point blank if they were involved, and they said no? Which is now proven to be untrue? It's the coverup, not the crime?

Regardless, Mueller is beyond congress' reach. The only person that can touch him is Trump, and if he does, he signs his own death warrant.
shocked.. SHOCKED.. that the mainstream media would latch onto a story that demonizes Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 14:22

Seems like a big fat nothing burger.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 14:28

steveschneider wrote:Seems like a big fat nothing burger.

caution: mainstream media link/info below:

House Republicans investigating the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya, have found no new evidence to conclude that Hillary Clinton, secretary of state at the time, was culpable in the deaths of four Americans, according to the committee’s final report released on Tuesday.

House Benghazi Report Faults Military Response, Not Clinton

but, yeah.. lock her up.

Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier 502811600 Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier 502811600 Clinton campaign DNC paid for research behind Trump-Russia dossier 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-25, 14:28

Its life in Trump World

Trump's son and son-in-law go to a meeting where at least Trump's son is told a person or persons attending will have information on Hillary Clinton that would hurt her campaign. That's good.

The fact that the Clinton campaign hired a firm to do research on the runored relationship(s) between Trump and his campaign with Russians friendly with Putin isn't supposed to happen. That's bad.

Trump good. Hillary Clinton / Democrats bad.
That's all you need to know in Trump World.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-25, 14:32

I'm really curious as to her email account... I mean, we can't just let any 'ol woman operate an email account.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-10-25, 14:56

So it sounds like the DNC/Clinton were just being a dumbass for denying it. Which is completely stupid on their part . While it's fair to give them shit for it, it's not a big deal as far as I can see.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-25, 15:15

Dendrobates wrote:So it sounds like the DNC/Clinton were just being a dumbass for denying it. Which is completely stupid on their part . While it's fair to give them shit for it, it's not a big deal as far as I can see.

Spot on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next