Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign?

+6
DoogieHouser
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? Empty Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign?

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 12:18

There is no way Bill Clinton's past does not become part of the race. While it already has, I suspect it will become more of an issue in the general election. Why? Because of the obvious adultery but also claims of sexual assault.

The narrative will not be that Hillary was a victim of Bill. The narrative will be that she instead tried to silence her husband's accusers.

The Clintons come with scandal. There is no getting around that fact. But who does not come with scandal these days? However, is Bill Clinton's past fair game or even useful campaign material in a race against Hillary?

So far, this issue has mostly been raised by conservative media and Republican politicians like Prudhomme-O'Brien. But it's a substantive matter worthy of coverage from non-right-wing outlets as well. There really are multiple accusations of sexual assault against Bill Clinton, accusations that have too often been conflated with his much better-established and much less morally concerning history of adultery. Are the women making these accusations survivors who deserve to be believed, to borrow Hillary Clinton's language? Or, as she later insisted, have their accusations all been found to be baseless?

The basic answer is that some of the claims appear more credible than others. There are three main accusers, of whom it seems by far the most credible — based on the publicly available evidence — is Broaddrick. Jones's claim was aired for years and faced several major problems (including the fact that she claimed the president's penis had a "distinguishing mark" that doctors and Monica Lewinsky said it did not have), and Willey repeatedly lied to federal investigators and changed her story dramatically between grand jury testimony and a deposition in the Jones case (among other issues).

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? Empty Re: Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 12:22

the seething rage that the right has had for the Clinton's has been going on for 20+ years now.. the things they fail to comprehend is how the American public responds to such stories when they're simply broadcasted through the political prism of right wing hate:

Bill Clinton Approval Rating The Week After Impeachment: 73%

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? Empty Re: Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign?

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-01-08, 13:09

Why are you ignoring #thebern?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-08, 13:17

Help. The blacks love Slick Willy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 13:20

Triple Sparty wrote:Why are you ignoring #thebern?

He has forced her hand on some issues, but I do not think he can overcome the Clinton machine. I think he is the most genuine person among the candidates from both parties, but his ideas do not resonate with a lot of voters (or at least how his ideas are represented in the media).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-08, 13:21

Turtleneck wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:Why are you ignoring #thebern?

He has forced her hand on some issues, but I do not think he can overcome the Clinton machine. I think he is the most genuine person among the candidates from both parties, but his ideas do not resonate with a lot of voters (or at least how his ideas are represented in the media).

If he can get the youth as Obama did, though, watch out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 14:17

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? 3493939353

#FeelTheBern
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 14:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

#FeelTheBern

You're not even going to vote.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 14:25

Turtleneck wrote:

#FeelTheBern

Yes I am.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2016-01-08, 14:26

Help. By far.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-08, 14:30

Turtleneck wrote:

Yes I am.

November 2nd. Put it in your phone.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 14:31

Turtleneck wrote:

Yes I am.

You say that now. But on election day, you will be on the 5th level of Halo or some nonsense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-08, 14:32

Bill Clinton is still nearly as popular as Predident Obama among black voters who his wife needs to cast ballots for her this November.

Trouble Hillary Clinton has is being out there too long as First Lady, Sen from NY and Sec of State.  The emails keep biting her in the ass and she is still cozy with Wall Street.

Bill is the least of her problems.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-01-08, 14:33; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 14:32

Turtleneck wrote:

Yes I am.

You say that now. But on election day, you will be on the 5th level of Halo or some nonsense.

I voted back in 2012, mothafucka - and have voted for smaller issues on a local scale. I don't own a video game console. So to the hell with your stereotypes.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 14:40

Turtleneck wrote:

I voted back in 2012, mothafucka - and have voted for smaller issues on a local scale. I don't own a video game console. So to the hell with your stereotypes.

Fine. You will be high as a kite, decide to stop for Doritos on the way to the polling place, get paralyzed by having to decide between all the flavors of Doritos, and then go home and nap instead of voting because of the emotional tax of what transpired at the party store with the Doritos.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 10:29

So, like, uh, Bill Clinton has called some other people sexist.

Bill Clinton rips Sanders backers' 'sexist,' 'profane' attacks
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/politics/bill-clinton-sanders-supporters-attacks/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 15:03

Turtleneck wrote:So, like, uh, Bill Clinton has called some other people sexist.

Bill Clinton rips Sanders backers' 'sexist,' 'profane' attacks
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/politics/bill-clinton-sanders-supporters-attacks/

This is the new normal. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is sexist, racist, or a homo/trains-phone.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-08, 15:07

it'll help Hillary with Democrats.. like it or not, like him or not, Bill Clinton is by far the most popular president in a generation.

Granted, he would probably do himself well if he stuck to politics and his folksy demeanor - I don't think most people, myself included, want to be lectured by him on morality.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-19, 21:57

Is this the Hillary thrad?

Is Oxford and George Washington good enough educations for you, TN? Sheesh!
Breitbart is probably not legit, though. Content is content.

Exposing The Clinton Global Financial Network

Exposing The Clinton Global Financial Network
Peter Schweizer 18 Apr 2016

Revelations in the Panama Papers that key Clinton financial partners had numerous offshore entities is the latest investigation to expose the secretive Clinton Global Financial Network.
That network, which includes controversial financiers and foreign entities, has operated with the infusion of funds from offshore accounts and entities around the world. And there are more revelations to come.
As the Panama Papers reveal, major Clinton financial partners, including Canadian mining magnate Frank Giustra and the Chagoury family of Nigeria, made use of the controversial Panamian law firm Mossack Fonseca to move assets around the world. Giustra is one of the largest contributors to the Clinton Foundation, donating more than $25 million. The Chagoury’s of Nigeria have committed $1 billion to the Clinton Global Initiative
Several key figures in the uranium deal that sent 20 percent of American uranium production into the hands of the Russian government had offshore entities created by Mossack Fonseca. Frank Giustra used the firm to create UrAsia Energy, the company that acquired lucrative uranium concessions in Kazakhstan with the help of Bill Clinton back in 2005. UrAsia Energy eventually became Uranium One, which acquired uranium assets in the United States and then was sold to the Russian State Nuclear Agency (ROSATOM) in 2010.
Because of the obvious national security implications of turning over control of large quantities of uranium to the Russian government, the deal required approval from Hillary Clinton’s State Department before it could go forward. Nine shareholders in Uranium One sent a combined $145 million to the Clinton Foundation. Some of those contributions were not disclosed by the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One Chairman Ian Telfer sent the Clinton Foundation more than $2 million. Those contributions were revealed first in Clinton Cash and discovered using Canadian tax records.
Sergei Kurzin, a Russian mining investor who was also involved in the Uranium One deal, also used Mossack Fonseca. Kurzin’s name appears on several oil companies set up by the firm. Kurzin says he donated $1 million to the Clinton Foundation.
Mossack Fonseca helped Nigeria’s Ronald Chagoury set up a firm called Echo Art Ltd. which was domiciled in the British Virgin Islands.
This is not the first time that offshore accounts that figure into the Clinton’s Global Financial Network have been exposed. Two years ago a Swiss whistleblower released the names of the super-rich who held Swiss accounts via the bank HSBC. As an earlier investigation by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists revealed, up to $81 million has flowed to the Clinton Foundation via Swiss accounts. As the investigation revealed, Swiss accounts were held by numerous Clinton donors.
Jeffrey Epstein, the controversial financier and convicted sex offender, held money in a HSBC Swiss account. He contributed $25,000 to the Clinton Foundation.
British retail magnate Richard Caring gave the Clinton Foundation $1 million from his HSBC Swiss account in 2005. He made the donation shortly after Bill Clinton attended his charity ball dressed as a Russian General.
Frank Giustra held an account at HSBC, valued at up to $10 million in 2006-2007. His first contributions to the Clinton Foundation were in 2005.
American entrepreneur Eli Broad held accounts at HSBC. He is a $1 million plus contributor to the Clinton Foundation.
Denise Rich is the ex-wife of financier and one-time international fugitive Marc Rich, who was pardoned by President Bill Clinton on his last day in office. Rich has contributed up to $500,000 to the Clinton Foundation.
Maintaining bank accounts in Switzerland or creating offshore corporate entities are not illegal. Representatives for Giustra and others insist that they comply with tax laws. But it is hard to escape the fact that firms such as Fonseca advertise their services as a means to minimize tax burdens and keep assets hidden.
On the campaign trail, Hillary Clinton has condemned what she calls “outrageous tax havens and loopholes that super-rich people across the world are exploiting.” She has also promised to shut down the “private tax system for the wealthy.”
Look for more to come out on the Clinton Global Financial Network in the months ahead.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-15, 18:21

Well she's had to tidy up her website pledges to cover for him now....

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? Combine_images
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-15, 18:39

LooseGoose wrote:Well she's had to tidy up her website pledges to cover for him now....

Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? Combine_images

Is is possible that language was changed after the Rolling Stone UVA thing?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-15, 18:42

So to a young, naive 23 year old living in Colorado after college.. and obviously out of touch with reality... why does this wording thing matter when it comes to the election? Trump v Clinton? D v R?

Or do I not want to know the answer? ( I think I already know.. but I'll give ya guys a shot at it)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-15, 19:05

Long but interesting

Juanita Broaddrick seems primed for the same modern reassessment. But the political implications of her claims are too disastrous for liberal politicians and pundits — the people who typically support self-declared rape survivors — to rally around her, especially this close to election day. That means only Clinton-hating conservatives are visibly incensed by her claims, and the more that they amplify Broaddrick’s story, the more skeptical progressives become.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/juanita-broaddrick-wants-to-be-believed?utm_term=.hnXJqPvBD#.flp9Q3qYZ
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-16, 20:46

I'm sure they would be as forgiving of a conservative.

Question: How do we know Bill is sorry? Well, according to this post we can assume he is because he didn’t do it again. I mean, he maybe was out of line with Paula Jones and he did that thing where he grabbed that other woman in the White House…The point is he’s sorry! And good. Good and sorry. But we’re still not done with his rehabilitation:

To sum up, I think Bill Clinton could very well have raped Juanita Broaddrick; that it doesn’t make him an evil man, or irredeemable (I’m Catholic; we’re all forgiven, if we’re sorry, and Broaddrick says Bill Clinton personally called her up to apologize). It doesn’t even necessarily make him a bad feminist — you know, later, once he stops doing that.

Once he stopped doing that. By which she means forcibly raping an acquaintance in a hotel room.

So Bill Clinton was bad for maybe a few minutes many years ago. But sometime shortly after he told his victim to put some ice on her lip, he was sorry. And in being sorry he showed what a good guy he is. Case closed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-17, 08:16

LooseGoose wrote:I'm sure they would be as forgiving of a conservative.

Question: How do we know Bill is sorry? Well, according to this post we can assume he is because he didn’t do it again. I mean, he maybe was out of line with Paula Jones and he did that thing where he grabbed that other woman in the White House…The point is he’s sorry! And good. Good and sorry. But we’re still not done with his rehabilitation:

Once he stopped doing that. By which she means forcibly raping an acquaintance in a hotel room.

So Bill Clinton was bad for maybe a few minutes many years ago. But sometime shortly after he told his victim to put some ice on her lip, he was sorry. And in being sorry he showed what a good guy he is. Case closed.
for what it's worth, your man Trump is tied not only to raping an underage girl but also donations to the North American Man/Boy Love Association.

But he wants to Make America White Again.. so it's cool. Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? 502811600

oh - and I'm not sure if you get cable TV where you live.. but Bill was president in the 90's.. it's his wife - Hillary - that's running for president now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-17, 08:28

Do you not remember the circus surrounding all of this back when it happened? You don't think Ken Starr looked into this with great detail? That guy was out for blood and he couldn't get Bill kicked out of office. The Clinton's are shadier than most politicians, but again, they're going up against a woefully unprepared opponent, whose game that got him to this point doesn't work in the general election. Any other R would probably be ahead in the polls right now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-17, 08:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Do you not remember the circus surrounding all of this back when it happened? You don't think Ken Starr looked into this with great detail? That guy was out for blood and he couldn't get Bill kicked out of office. The Clinton's are shadier than most politicians, but again, they're going up against a woefully unprepared opponent, whose game that got him to this point doesn't work in the general election. Any other R would probably be ahead in the polls right now.
you're not trying to have a rational discussion with Goose are you?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-17, 23:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

for what it's worth, your man Trump is tied not only to raping an underage girl but also donations to the North American Man/Boy Love Association.

But he wants to Make America White Again.. so it's cool. Will Bill Clinton help or harm Hillary's Campaign? 502811600

oh - and I'm not sure if you get cable TV where you live.. but Bill was president in the 90's.. it's his wife - Hillary - that's running for president now.

I believe the NAMBLA rumors were the product of an autoscript prank on Reddit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-18, 07:44

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:for what it's worth, your man Trump is tied not only to raping an underage girl but also donations to the North American Man/Boy Love Association.

I believe the NAMBLA rumors were the product of an autoscript prank on Reddit.
I don't know what that means but nothing would surprise me when it comes to stories about the leader of the republican party.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down