Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly

3 posters

Go down

Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly  Empty Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly

Post by Turtleneck Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:55 pm

It’s not just Rand Paul’s street: Americans are a lot less neighborly than they used to be

Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly  Neighbors_all

Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly  Neighbors_comm

Trust is declining, too. The General Social Survey's data shows that the share of Americans saying most people can be trusted has fallen from nearly 50 percent in the 1970s to just over 30 percent today.

That lack of trust extends to our neighbors: In 2016 nearly half of Americans told the Pew Research Center that they trust only “some” or “none” of their neighbors. Mirroring the numbers on social interactions above, the survey found that people in rural areas were most trusting of their neighbors, while those in urban areas trusted their neighbors the least.

The trust part is most concerning...but I can understand the distrust when people are convinced everything you say is #fakenews and you are convinced everything they say is #fakenews.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/11/07/its-not-just-rand-pauls-street-americans-are-a-lot-less-neighborly-than-they-used-to-be/?utm_term=.b334e47a6119
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly  Empty Re: Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly

Post by DWags Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 pm

What about with his wife while he’s walking the dog?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly  Empty Re: Honestly, if GreenWay was my neighbor I would not be neighborly

Post by Turtleneck Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

DWags wrote:What about with his wife while he’s walking the dog?

I have heard that Bob is an excellent neighbor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:What about with his wife while he’s walking the dog?

And a great American.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:47 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

And a great American.

He seems kinda European to me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

That data doesn’t look like much of a trend.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

And a great American.

He seems kinda European to me.

You’re confusing being a hipster with being European.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down