Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America

+9
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Turtleneck
13 posters

Go down

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Empty How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 09:09

How the baby boomers GreenWay — not millennials — screwed America

Everyone likes to bash millennials. We’re spoiled, entitled, and hopelessly glued to our smartphones. We demand participation trophies, can’t find jobs, and live with our parents until we’re 30. You know the punchlines by now.

But is the millennial hate justified? Have we dropped the generational baton, or was it a previous generation, the so-called baby boomers, who actually ruined everything?

That’s the argument Bruce Gibney makes in his book A Generation of Sociopaths: How the Baby Boomers Betrayed America. The boomers, according to Gibney, have committed “generational plunder,” pillaging the nation’s economy, repeatedly cutting their own taxes, financing two wars with deficits, ignoring climate change, presiding over the death of America’s manufacturing core, and leaving future generations to clean up the mess they created.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Empty Re: How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America

Post by DWags 2017-12-21, 09:10

Yep, I dont give a shit.  Feed me you dumb fuckers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Empty Re: How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-21, 09:11

If by that it means the Boomers fucked everyone by electing the Boomer idiots we did, sure.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 09:18

DWags wrote:Yep, I dont give a shit.  Feed me you dumb fuckers.

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 502811600

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Stuffing-face
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 09:46

We grew up without cell phones and video games, we deserve it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-21, 09:49

Fucking old people ruining our shit. Thanks turds.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-21, 10:20

Dwags is basically a snake

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 10:27

DWags is pretty much this...

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 41431159
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-21, 10:31

Blaming this shit on a generation isn't very constructive, the real blame is on corporations.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-21, 10:31

Dammit Wags!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 10:38

steveschneider wrote:Blaming this shit on a generation isn't very constructive, the real blame is on corporations.

It's the corporations, man. Dude, we have to fight the corporations and stuff.

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Jeff

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-21, 10:41

Dwags is pretty big into cosplay 

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-21, 10:51

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-21, 10:58

Turtleneck wrote:

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America Stuffing-face

I want that to be me. Looks fucking awesome.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-21, 11:08

Will anyone here admit /offer to increase their taxes for the better?

I have always said I have no problem with my taxes going up, as long as I can see that’s it’s going to the right place.

Really not trying to wells this up. Just going with the original article.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-21, 11:09

Dendrobates wrote:Will anyone here admit /offer to increase their taxes for the better?

I have always said I have no problem with my taxes going up, as long as I can see that’s it’s going to the right place.

I *would* except for that $18 trillion the federal government has wasted in the last 20 years.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-21, 11:11

Turtleneck wrote:How the baby boomers GreenWay — not millennials — screwed America

Everyone likes to bash millennials. We’re spoiled, entitled, and hopelessly glued to our smartphones. We demand participation trophies, can’t find jobs, and live with our parents until we’re 30. You know the punchlines by now.

But is the millennial hate justified? Have we dropped the generational baton, or was it a previous generation, the so-called baby boomers, who actually ruined everything?

That’s the argument Bruce Gibney makes in his book A Generation of Sociopaths: How the Baby Boomers Betrayed America. The boomers, according to Gibney, have committed “generational plunder,” pillaging the nation’s economy, repeatedly cutting their own taxes, financing two wars with deficits, ignoring climate change, presiding over the death of America’s manufacturing core, and leaving future generations to clean up the mess they created.

You can't pin this all on me, old man. I'm a hybrid, neither fully boomer nor completely GenX. Maybe if you'd done some research first instead of flaming away, you'd know that. Of course, you'd have to be able to read, and I know that's difficult not easy for you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-21, 11:13

Dendrobates wrote:Will anyone here admit /offer to increase their taxes for the better?

Really not trying to wells bin this up. Just going with the original article.
Yeah, sure. But there’s not really a way for me to expand on that without binning it up.

Somebody has to feed dwags

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 11:28

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:How the baby boomers GreenWay — not millennials — screwed America

You can't pin this all on me, old man. I'm a hybrid, neither fully boomer nor completely GenX. Maybe if you'd done some research first instead of flaming away, you'd know that. Of course, you'd have to be able to read, and I know that's difficult not easy for you.

Go play with your flowers, GreenWay. Your pathetic attempt to be Gen X is #fakenews.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-21, 11:44

I'm full on GenX. You know, the cool generation.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-21, 12:07

Yeah, I’m with you. Because I’m getting to that point where family time and friend time is way more important than stuff time. I also know that if a married couple making more than 160K will save 900-1500 or so, but if we didn’t get that back it would help keep 13 million on health insurance, I’ll gladly let you keep mine. Seriously is 20 to 25 extra bucks a week really life changing? Whatever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-12-21, 12:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm full on GenX. You know, the cool generation.

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 969504605 How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 3493939353 How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 55953254 How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 3434560931
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 13:00

DWags wrote:

Yeah, I’m with you. Because I’m getting to that point where family time and friend time is way more important than stuff time. I also know that if a married couple making more than 160K will save 900-1500 or so, but if we didn’t get that back it would help keep 13 million on health insurance, I’ll gladly let you keep mine. Seriously is 20 to 25 extra bucks a week really life changing? Whatever.

Interesting all the numbers being thrown around. IF the number is $2000 for the "average" family as the Washington Post says, then I think that's significant for a family that's struggling. $150 a month is a used car payment - it's the groceries for a week or two.

The strangest thing for me is the spinning of this as "looting the treasury"? That makes the assumption that my $$ belongs to the Treasury and I'm taking some of it from them, in real life the exact opposite is true.

We'll see, how this plays out probably determines how big the wave is in November.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-21, 13:15

So one guy makes 500k, going to save $4500 a year on taxes, the next guy is making 45k a year, he's going to save $1000 and the last guy is making $30k a year, he's going to save $500.
Overall that is an average of $2k/guy. That's awesome! Great! Look at how much better off people are going to be!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 13:21

InTenSity wrote:So one guy makes 500k, going to save $4500 a year on taxes, the next guy is making 45k a year, he's going to save $1000 and the last guy is making $30k a year, he's going to save $500.
Overall that is an average of $2k/guy. That's awesome! Great! Look at how much better off people are going to be!

We'll see, that's not how the calculators I saw online showed it to work. The guys making $45 and $30 are probably bad examples.
According to Marketwatch if you have 2 kids and make $60K a year your federal income tax bill is zero. Anything under $60K and you'll actually receive $$ you didn't pay in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-21, 13:22

I’m willing to sacrifice some of my personal gain for the greater good. But not everyone has the same mentality. DEY TOOK ER JOBS!!!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 13:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m willing to sacrifice some of my personal gain for the greater good. But not everyone has the same mentality. DEY TOOK ER JOBS!!!

Not everyone can afford that mentality. Without getting into life decisions just be thankful you can. I'd mentioned elsewhere about giving turkeys away for Christmas, today I delivered two of them to families that didn't have the gas $$ to come get them. They all have a story and only God (and WBH) knows what's true. I know they've got kids and are struggling, it's got to suck. For them and for the kids. So if you end up with a little extra $$ from this go find someone that needs help and give it to them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-21, 13:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m willing to sacrifice some of my personal gain for the greater good. But not everyone has the same mentality. DEY TOOK ER JOBS!!!

Not everyone can afford that mentality. Without getting into life decisions just be thankful you can. I'd mentioned elsewhere about giving turkeys away for Christmas, today I delivered two of them to families that didn't have the gas $$ to come get them. They all have a story and only God (and WBH) knows what's true. I know they've got kids and are struggling, it's got to suck. For them and for the kids. So if you end up with a little extra $$ from this go find someone that needs help and give it to them.

Way to be, Goose. How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 13:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Way to be, Goose. How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 969504605

I only spent about $60 for 4 turkeys so it's not like I broke the bank. I wish now I'd bought a raft of small $10 or so presents too. I know the clubs up here (Moose, VFW, Eagles, etc) try to help with gifts but it's hard to look at those little kids and hope they're going to have a decent Christmas. Even a couple more little gifts each might help make their day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 13:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I only spent about $60 for 4 turkeys so it's not like I broke the bank. I wish now I'd bought a raft of small $10 or so presents too. I know the clubs up here (Moose, VFW, Eagles, etc) try to help with gifts but it's hard to look at those little kids and hope they're going to have a decent Christmas. Even a couple more little gifts each might help make their day.

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 55953254

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 4113017228 He is not telling us that with each turkey he also delivered a gallon of raw milk.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 13:56

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America 4113017228 He is not telling us that with each turkey he also delivered a gallon of raw milk.

lol, I'm not THAT generous.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 14:01

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

lol, I'm not THAT generous.

So now we know where the philanthropy ends with Goose.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-12-21, 14:46

Just another effing millennial shirking responsibility and blaming others.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2017-12-23, 10:40

You guys fight this out.  Xavier McDaniel, DMX, Xzibit and the rest of us X'ers are sitting over here like

Last edited by StylesGShmooth on 2017-12-23, 15:43; edited 1 time in total
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-23, 11:34

Xavier McDaniel,

Will they be joined by Wayman Tisdale and Skee Lo?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-23, 20:06

Listen boomers, tSwill was not created for you to discuss your aches, pains, and ass rashes. That is all.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down