Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

+36
Herbie Green
dubie7006
Bizarro Fletch
Wally Fairway
TrueGreenSpartan
bryanleeg
Throwback702
InTenSity
MasonGuy
Mentalstate
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rodeo Burger
Punisher98
AvgMSUJoe
SpartanStu
steveschneider
SeeRockCity
Larry Kazamias
Stoops21
WBill
Cosmo_Kramer
Martin Spartan
NigelUno
Izzo Court
Heat Miser
CrazySparty
Hut1hut2
Dolph Ziggler
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
BostonUSpartan
Blanch32
LoneWolfSparty
Giant Moose
Ass Dan
tanfan!
40 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  Empty Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-17, 05:18

What's tswill's take on it? On tcock they are doing the politically correct turtleneck thing and kissing his ass hoping he does well thing. Me I'm glad the thug is gone. He was bad press waiting to happen. When md landed that kid from AZ The handwriting was on the wall. Keep it real swill.  affraid 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  Empty Re: Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-17, 05:23

I wanted him to stay committed and end up here. If he kept his nose clean, wouldn't that be attributable to cmd's ability to turn boys into men?

Could have been good press, and if he was a total thug and a loser with no chance, he would have washed out pretty soon after getting on campus.

It was a low risk, high reward type of scenario in my opinion.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  Empty Re: Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-17, 05:25

Ass Dan wrote:I wanted him to stay committed and end up here. If he kept his nose clean, wouldn't that be attributable to cmd's ability to turn boys into men?

Could have been good press, and if he was a total thug and a loser with no chance, he would have washed out pretty soon after getting on campus.

It was a low risk, high reward type of scenario in my opinion.

Thanks for keeping it relaz , ass dan
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-17, 06:11

I'm not worried about bad press. We get bad press from Detroit no matter what we do.

I think Dantonio could have helped turn this kid's life around and been the strong father figure he needs. Oh well, time to move on.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-17, 06:14

Best of luck to him, but no real loss at this point.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-06-17, 07:56

I wasn't bothered by the security guard thing as much as I was by the hand shake thing. Sore loser and bad attitude right there.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonUSpartan 2014-06-17, 08:02

We didn't need someone like him being the most visible face of the program. Happy he parted ways.
BostonUSpartan
BostonUSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-06-17, 08:04

Tanfan! wrote:What's tswill's take on it? On tcock they are doing the politically correct turtleneck  thing and kissing his ass hoping he does well thing. Me I'm glad the thug is gone. He was bad press waiting to happen. When md landed that kid from AZ The handwriting was on the wall. Keep it real swill.  affraid 

So the kid is a thug and you don't wish him well ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-17, 08:05

Campbell is mmm mmm good..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler 2014-06-17, 08:07

I'm glad he's got options. I think MSU would have been good for him, but it was a tossup as to whether he would have been good for MSU. I would have loved for it to have worked out. Oh well.
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-17, 08:10

Hope the best for the kid, but suspect he will make the news again in a negative way .
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 08:53

In the past year, he's punched a player in the handshake line, and body slammed a security guard. I'm willing to bet he wasn't exactly a saint before those incidents either.

The whole "Dantonio's call is the right call" line is garbage. If Dantonio brought him in, and Campbell gets arrested during his time in EL(Very plausible), would it still have been the "right call"? Hell no. Dantonio would've looked like a moron for figuratively flipping off fans and media alike and still signing a kid who's a punk.

And his line about "de-committing" was hysterical. That insinuates MSU's offer was still on the table. What a joke.

Don't need him. Don't want him.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-06-17, 08:56

Lots of fresh new viewpoints in this thread I haven't heard before on either board. :eyeroll:/:sarcasm:
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 08:57

Heat Miser wrote:Lots of fresh new viewpoints in this thread I haven't heard before on either board. :eyeroll:/:sarcasm:

Feel free to contribute as much
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-06-17, 08:59

I have rage issues and I have never hit or assaulted anyone. This kid has done it twice in a public setting before graduating high school. I hope he cleans up his act, but I'm glad he won't be representing MSU.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:10

CrazySparty wrote:
The whole "Dantonio's call is the right call" line is garbage. If Dantonio brought him in, and Campbell gets arrested during his time in EL(Very plausible), would it still have been the "right call"? Hell no. Dantonio would've looked like a moron for figuratively flipping off fans and media alike and still signing a kid who's a punk.

It is interesting that you developed a worse case scenario for how Dantonio's "right call" would be garbage, while seemingly ignoring that Dantonio's call was to recruit another QB.

It is also interesting that your scenario involves our head coach looking like a "moron".
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:14

NigelUno wrote:

It is interesting that you developed a worse case scenario for how Dantonio's "right call" would be garbage, while seemingly ignoring that Dantonio's call was to recruit another QB.  

It is also interesting that your scenario involves our head coach looking like a "moron".

It is interesting that you continue to seek me out in threads where I don't mention you, yet you claim I'm the one seeking attention.

You still mad.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2014-06-17, 09:15

Wow, what a fresh take on the situation. I will be getting all of my sports information from this board going forward.
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:15

Izzo Court wrote:I have rage issues and I have never hit or assaulted anyone.  This kid has done it twice in a public setting before graduating high school.  I hope he cleans up his act, but I'm glad he won't be representing MSU.

This. We just won the Rose Bowl. Why bother taking the risk?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:23

CrazySparty wrote:

It is interesting that you continue to seek me out in threads where I don't mention you, yet you claim I'm the one seeking attention.

You still mad.

It's a message board slick. There are MSU topics we discuss here. I don't think it's necessary for you to mention me specifically in a post, for me to reply to your comments.

It is interesting that you chose to deflect, rather than to address what I said though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:25

NigelUno wrote:

It's a message board slick.  There are MSU topics we discuss here.  I don't think it's necessary for you to mention me specifically in a post, for me to reply to your comments.  

It is interesting that you chose to deflect, rather than to address what I said though.  

What's there to address? You're trolling.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:30

CrazySparty wrote:

What's there to address? You're trolling.

More deflection.

It's a message board. You wanted more MSU critical sports discussion. You seem to have accomplished that by saying Dantonio would look like a moron. Don't shy away from it now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:33

Tanfan! wrote:What's tswill's take on it? On tcock they are doing the politically correct turtleneck  thing and kissing his ass hoping he does well thing. Me I'm glad the thug is gone. He was bad press waiting to happen. When md landed that kid from AZ The handwriting was on the wall. Keep it real swill.  affraid 

If you were an FSU fan, would you want Winston gone?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:34

NigelUno wrote:

More deflection.

It's a message board.  You wanted more MSU critical sports discussion.  You seem to have accomplished that by saying Dantonio would look like a moron.  Don't shy away from it now.  

Again, what is there to address?

As you even said, what I listed was a "worst case scenario". Do you deny Dantonio would've looked like a moron(Or at least be made to look like one by the media) had the scenario I described actually happened? Do you deny that MSU fans and media alike have been outspoken against bring Jayru in?

Or, again, are you just trolling?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-06-17, 09:34

NigelUno wrote:

If you were an FSU fan, would you want Winston gone?

Most sports fans possess no moral compass; they just want to win. It's not always wrong, but what if a Jayru Campbell turns into an Aaron Hernandez?
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:36

CrazySparty wrote:

Again, what is there to address?

As you even said, what I listed was a "worst case scenario". Do you deny Dantonio would've looked like a moron(Or at least be made to look like one by the media) had the scenario I described actually happened? Do you deny that MSU fans and media alike have been outspoken against bring Jayru in?

Or, again, are you just trolling?

What would have been your best case scenario?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:37

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Most sports fans possess no moral compass; they just want to win. It's not always wrong, but what if a Jayru Campbell turns into an Aaron Hernandez?

Well, that and one was found not guilty, while the other was caught on camera...
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:38

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

That's my point. What if he turns into Cam Newton?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:39

NigelUno wrote:

What would have been your best case scenario?

He comes in and leads MSU to a National Championship, all while avoiding the ELPD.

Unfortunately, given the kid's history, I'm much more confident something closer to the "worst case scenario" will happen than the "best case scenario". Dantonio seems to agree with me.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-06-17, 09:40

He may be a good guy, I have met many with a criminal record who are, but he has shown terrible judgment now on at least two occasions. I wish him well, but think another school farther away from the Detroit press is probably best for everyone involved.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-06-17, 09:41

He showed anger on and off the field. But because he has potential a lot of people wanted him to come here. He needs to quit football and get his act together. He would have been a target and ticking time bomb here.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 09:44

CrazySparty wrote:
The whole "Dantonio's call is the right call" line is garbage.

CrazySparty wrote:Dantonio seems to agree with me.

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  502811600 
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-06-17, 09:45

Blanch32 wrote:I wasn't bothered by the security guard thing as much as I was by the hand shake thing.  Sore loser and bad attitude right there.
I agree with blanch.  No really.  The punch has always bothered me.

After seeing the reverse angle video that showed the whole incident where Campbell tried to walk away, and was physically restrained by a rent a cop over dress code, I went back to be thinking the punch was worse and enough for MD to cut him loose if he felt like it.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 09:53

NigelUno wrote:

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  502811600 

What's so hard for you to understand?

The whole "Dantonio's call is the right call" is garbage. If Dantonio kept him, but Jayru still got arrested, would Coach D still have been "right"? Hell no. It's a results-oriented situation. I'm sure some people would've completely absolved Dantonio, but they're the ones claiming that regardless of what Dantonio does, he's "right". That logic is foolish. Dantonio isn't infallible.

He may very well turn out to stay out of trouble, and have a successful career. If that happens, then people like myself and Dantonio will look foolish(However, I do believe there is something be said for him getting out of Detroit/Michigan).

But again, that's not a risk I want MSU taking, especially when coming off a Rose Bowl victory.

Last edited by CrazySparty on 2014-06-17, 09:58; edited 1 time in total
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-06-17, 09:54

Izzo Court wrote:I have rage issues and I have never hit or assaulted anyone.  This kid has done it twice in a public setting before graduating high school.  I hope he cleans up his act, but I'm glad he won't be representing MSU.

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  MysteryMen8
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-17, 10:00

Heat Miser wrote:Lots of fresh new viewpoints in this thread I haven't heard before on either board. :eyeroll:/:sarcasm:

I went over to tcock to contribute and most of my posts were deleted. That place sucks dick.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-17, 10:01

Oh great another Nigel /crazy sparty bitch fest. Give it a rest guys.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-17, 10:03

Tanfan! wrote:Oh great another Nigel /crazy sparty bitch fest. Give it a rest guys.

Believe me, I'm trying. Hard though when I can't post in a single thread without him stalking me.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-17, 10:07

CrazySparty wrote:

What's so hard for you to understand?

The whole "Dantonio's call is the right call" is garbage. If Dantonio kept him, but Jayru still got arrested, would Coach D still have been "right"? Hell no. It's a results-oriented situation. I'm sure some people would've completely absolved Dantonio, but they're the ones claiming that regardless of what Dantonio does, he's "right". That logic is foolish. Dantonio isn't infallible.

He may very well turn out to stay out of trouble, and have a successful career. If that happens, then people like myself and Dantonio will look foolish(However, I do believe there is something be said for him getting out of Detroit/Michigan).

But again, that's not a risk I want MSU taking, especially when coming off a Rose Bowl victory.

Not sure where you're getting all this "right" talk from.

If Dantonio wanted to give him a chance...I was fine with it. If he didn't...I was fine with it. I would imagine he knows more about it than anyone. I don't need to micromanage him.

Regarding your fascination with his call being the right call...and that being garbage...he seems to have made the "right" call according to you (seemingly) and some other folks. So, how is that garbage? That's all most people ever said...that they trusted him to make the decision. You didn't?

Why does he have to look foolish? Or be a moron? So, he's foolish if he kept him...and he got arrested while at MSU? And he's foolish if he lets him go, and he does well somewhere else? He's one recruit. He's not going to define the program or Dantonio.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-06-17, 10:08

First off, how good is Jayru going to be as a CFB QB? What are we talking here in terms of talent? Depending on how talented he is and capable of winning I will base my answer on that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next