Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

+45
tanfan!
Crazy Jim9
xsanguine
Clarett's Folly
Frank Ricard
y2kMgrad
Punisher98
Jethro Bodeen
NigelUno
TheBobcat
I Still Hate Weber State
tig ol bitties
Zapp Brannigan
RubberbandMan
Larry Kazamias
Stoops21
MasonGuy
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
Herbie Green
The Doctor
Rocinante
Dolph Ziggler
Mentalstate
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Izzo Court
Rodeo Burger
Spartan Pride
duffy munn
Cosmo_Kramer
Ned Stark
Moral Outrage
WhiteBoyHatcher
Bronco_Bahma
WCS
tTy
Jake from State Farm
TrueGreenSpartan
tTito
Ass Dan
steveschneider
DWags
Giant Moose
CrazySparty
49 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail Empty Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 10:54 am

I. Don't. Want. Him.

Freep Sports ‏@freepsports 3m
Cass Tech QB, MSU recruit Jayru Campbell sentenced to 60 days in jail: http://on.freep.com/1o5RN7Y
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail Empty Re: Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 10:56 am

Way too harsh. Kid should have just got community service.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail Empty Re: Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

Post by DWags Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 am

Good luck at Central
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 am

Giant Moose wrote:Way too harsh. Kid should have just got community service.

60 fucking days? Pat Tillman beat the living shit out of kid and high school and hospitalized the kid. I think he got like 20 days and still played for Arizona State.

I'd argue that Pat Tillman's crime was far more violent and seemed like it benefited him to have his school stick by him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri May 30, 2014 11:01 am

Found a clip from a Time Magazine article

"In the fall of 1993, as a high school senior, Tillman got into a more serious kind of trouble. Coming to the defense of a friend involved in a fight outside a pizza parlor, he beat his adversary so severely that he was eventually arrested and charged as a juvenile with felony assault. Tillman entered a guilty plea, and the following summer spent 30 days in a juvenile-detention facility, all the while worrying that he might lose the scholarship offered him by Arizona State. He didn't, and on his release his conviction was reduced to a misdemeanor. Years later he discussed the episode with a writer from Sports Illustrated. "I learned more from that one bad decision than all the good decisions I've ever made," he said. "It made me realize that stuff you do has repercussions. You can lose everything."

It should also be noted, which the article fails to mention is that Tilman beat the crap out of the wrong guy. He flew out into the parking lot in a blind rage where his friend was in a fight, just grabbed someone at random and beat the living tar out of the person.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,629308,00.html

Last edited by steveschneider on Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am

I want him. Kid is a really good player. Sue me.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 11:04 am

The difference between Tillman and Campbell is that Tillman didn't have a vengeful Detroit media out to kill anything that is related to MSU. I feel bad for the kid having to deal with that level of scrutiny and then getting a very unfair sentence.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Fri May 30, 2014 11:07 am

Taylor Lewan won't get jack for knocking out the OSU fan.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Fri May 30, 2014 11:10 am

Giant Moose wrote:The difference between Tillman and Campbell is that Tillman didn't have a vengeful Detroit media out to kill anything that is related to MSU. I feel bad for the kid having to deal with that level of scrutiny and then getting a very unfair sentence.

Seriously,

the kid is literally a kid (minor) and yet is getting dragged through the mud. Lewan, is a grown man who knocked a guy unconscious by tackling and punching him and the Detroit Media is going out of their way to avoid the story.

PATHETIC No 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 am

Of course there's the usual idiots like this posting comments in the comment section of the Freep:

Michael Benczarski · Top Commenter
Christopher Schultz -- I believe this counts as college credit under dantonio.
Reply · Like · 4 · about an hour ago

douchebags facebook page

Last edited by Jake from State Farm on Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

When in doubt, always bet on the kid.

Give him one more shot to grow up and be a big boy. There is nothing wrong with giving him the benefit of the doubt and another shot while keeping him on a short leash. If he turns out to be another Glen Winston, then so be it.... and THEN immediately boot his ass. You can't just start acting like nobody ever fucks up and holding all of them (collectively) to impossibly high standards. You will end up shitting on some pretty good kids who happened to **** up once or twice in their lives.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

Giant Moose wrote:The difference between Tillman and Campbell is that Tillman didn't have a vengeful Detroit media out to kill anything that is related to MSU. I feel bad for the kid having to deal with that level of scrutiny and then getting a very unfair sentence.

What Bullough/Linthecum did is much worse than what JC did. All JC did was throw someone to the ground in a body slam. Those guys actually struck someone with their fists and then ran away from the police, with Bullough drinking underage.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 am

tTy wrote:When in doubt, always bet on the kid.

Give him one more shot to grow up and be a big boy.  There is nothing wrong with giving him the benefit of the doubt and another shot while keeping him on a short leash.  If he turns out to be another Glen Winston, then so be it.... and THEN immediately boot his ass.  You can't just start acting like nobody ever fucks up and holding all of them (collectively) to impossibly high standards.  You will end up shitting on some pretty good kids who happened to **** up once or twice in their lives.

In the last year alone, he has punched an opposing player in a handshake line, and body-slammed a security guard.

I'm willing to bet he hasn't exactly been a choir boy the rest of his life either.

I don't deny he's good, but he's not good enough to deal with his BS. We already have Cook, Terry, and Lewerke. Don't need him, don't want him.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 am

WCS wrote:

What Bullough/Linthecum did is much worse than what JC did. All JC did was throw someone to the ground in a body slam. Those guys actually struck someone with their fists and then ran away from the police, with Bullough drinking underage.
Agreed, but because somebody recorded this with their phone it allowed the Detroit media to play it over and over to shame MSU. Then it becomes an "outrage" and leads to 60 days in jail. Just straight up ridiculous.

The kid made a mistake, but the sentence doesn't fit the crime at all.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronco_Bahma Fri May 30, 2014 11:20 am

The second Lewerke committed to MSU, the Campbell ship set sail.

He's not coming here folks. I wish him the best. A part of me definitely wishes he was given another chance to prove his character worthy so he could prove all of the haters wrong for rushing to judge a 17 year old kid but I'll take solace in the fact that another good school will give him that chance, whether it be Western, Central or whomever.
Bronco_Bahma
Bronco_Bahma
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 am

CrazySparty wrote:

In the last year alone, he has punched an opposing player in a handshake line, and body-slammed a security guard.

I'm willing to bet he hasn't exactly been a choir boy the rest of his life either.

I don't deny he's good, but he's not good enough to deal with his BS. We already have Cook, Terry, and Lewerke. Don't need him, don't want him.

lol

I guess you and I will have to disagree on what = scholly death sentence material.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 am

tTy wrote:

lol

I guess you and I will have to disagree on what = scholly death sentence material.

Based on Lewerke's commit, I'd say Dantonio's standards are closer to mine than yours.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri May 30, 2014 11:23 am

Guys he ain't coming to MSU. I'd bet a lot of money on it. They've probably already talked to him about getting a fresh start elsewhere.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Moral Outrage Fri May 30, 2014 11:24 am

CrazySparty wrote:I. Don't. Want. Him.

Freep Sports ‏@freepsports  3m
Cass Tech QB, MSU recruit Jayru Campbell sentenced to 60 days in jail: http://on.freep.com/1o5RN7Y
 Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail 3669899363
Moral Outrage
Moral Outrage
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 am

You knew he was boned when kym worthy had a press conference to announce his charges. Kid had no shot
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark Fri May 30, 2014 11:32 am

So a guy body slams a school security guard, and you tools think he is Spartan material? What a joke. I hope Dantonio has higher standards than the average member of this board.
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 11:34 am

Ned Stark wrote:So a guy body slams a school security guard, and you tools think he is Spartan material? What a joke. I hope Dantonio has higher standards than the average member of this board.
You really think this kid deserved 60 days in jail for what he did?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 11:40 am

Giant Moose wrote:
You really think this kid deserved 60 days in jail for what he did?

He full-on body-slammed a security guard. Of course I do.

This board would be screaming bloody murder had a UM commit done the exact same thing.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri May 30, 2014 11:41 am

Ned Stark wrote:So a guy body slams a school security guard, and you tools think he is Spartan material? What a joke. I hope Dantonio has higher standards than the average member of this board.

Max bullough had a few incidences and no one is challenging his Spartan status. Kids misbehave, do things they shouldn't and screw up. I'm willing to let it slide
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Fri May 30, 2014 11:42 am

CrazySparty wrote:

This board would be screaming bloody murder had a UM commit done the exact same thing.

This. Why is everyone sucking Campbell's D so hard? Kid was dumb. There's some shit you just don't do.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 11:43 am

Ass Dan wrote:

Max bullough had a few incidences and no one is challenging his Spartan status. Kids misbehave, do things they shouldn't and screw up. I'm willing to let it slide

Only because he was good.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Fri May 30, 2014 11:44 am

CrazySparty wrote:

Taylor Lewan tackled, punched, and knocked a guy unconscious after losing the OSU last year. He deserved to serve time, and is an adult. If he got 60 days in jail for it, I'd laugh hysterically at him, but I'd also say for a 'first' offense with the law it's excessive punishment. Ironically, Lewan is far more of a public persona in the Detroit Media and has received less then half the press. Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail 2599972566
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 am

You people whining about Lewan do know the Detroit media came out with a story just yesterday reporting that Lewan's ex-girlfriend said he did indeed punch the OSU fan, right?

The fact that you people are blaming the media for Jayru body-slamming a security guard is comedic gold.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri May 30, 2014 11:48 am

FWIW, I forgot that we landed Lewerke.

As far as I'm concerned, we can euthanize Campbell now.... F him. Trash of the earth.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 am

CrazySparty wrote:You people whining about Lewan do know the Detroit media came out with a story just yesterday reporting that Lewan's ex-girlfriend said he did indeed punch the OSU fan, right?

The fact that you people are blaming the media for Jayru body-slamming a security guard is comedic gold.
How can you not fault the media for blowing this situation out of proportion?

If the 17-year-old wasn't a star QB committed to MSU, he probably would have just gotten expelled from school and had to go somewhere else. And maybe they would have given him community service. Detroit police don't have time for dumb things like this; it's only because he's a "star" that this even got attention.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 am

Not to change the subject, but.... I kinda get the feeling that those of you who are all bent out of shape about this kid are the kinds of people that almost start crying when UM fans give you shit because you just can't take it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri May 30, 2014 11:56 am

This is what cracks me up. MSU can't talk comment on this. You know this, right? He is a HS student who has not signed a scholarship. They cannot comment specifically on him.

All of this hand wringing is kinda pointless until he either signs with MSU or he signs elsewhere. I'm sure at some point in the future the kid or his family or coaches will come out and announce what his plans are.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 11:56 am

tTy wrote:Not to change the subject, but.... I kinda get the feeling that those of you who are all bent out of shape about this kid are the kinds of people that almost start crying when UM fans give you shit because you just can't take it.
I care more about people ruining this kid's life than if he ever plays at MSU. He made a mistake and instead of letting him learn from it and get some structure by way of having a much-needed stable father figure like Dantonio in his life, people want to cast him aside.

And much of it comes from this bias that is in the state of Michigan where the Detroit media likes to see MSU fail.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Fri May 30, 2014 11:58 am

Giant Moose wrote:
How can you not fault the media for blowing this situation out of proportion?

If the 17-year-old wasn't a star QB committed to MSU, he probably would have just gotten expelled from school and had to go somewhere else. And maybe they would have given him community service. Detroit police don't have time for dumb things like this; it's only because he's a "star" that this even got attention.

So, because he's a highly rated football player committed to one of the state's premiere universities, the demand for information on the incident was high, the media did their job and supplied that information?

You don't say...

But I guess top rated QB commits body-slamming security guards is a regular thing, and the media should just carry on with their lives...
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 am

CrazySparty wrote:You people whining about Lewan do know the Detroit media came out with a story just yesterday reporting that Lewan's ex-girlfriend said he did indeed punch the OSU fan, right?

And this is what, their 2nd or 3rd article TOTAL on Lewan's actions? How many on Jayru? I'm not arguing Jayru didn't deserve punishment, I'm also not entirely sure he should still have a scholly offer (I'll leave that up to Coach D) but you can't honestly suggest that the media didn't blow this one WAY out of proportion, or that they are unfairly targeting this KID compared to how they've treated Lewan, an full grown ADULT.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 12:01 pm

CrazySparty wrote:

So, because he's a highly rated football player committed to one of the state's premiere universities, the demand for information on the incident was high, the media did their job and supplied that information?

You don't say...

But I guess top rated QB commits body-slamming security guards is a regular thing, and the media should just carry on with their lives...
There is a difference between reporting facts and actively shaming a 17-year-old. The Detroit media doesn't know the difference, and it's really shameful what they do there.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri May 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
There is a difference between reporting facts and actively shaming a 17-year-old. The Detroit media doesn't know the difference, and it's really shameful what they do there.

Dude get over it. There was a video of the assault. That's compelling shit. That's why it's a story. Not because the media hates MSU.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 12:06 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Dude get over it. There was a video of the assault. That's compelling shit. That's why it's a story. Not because the media hates MSU.
F that. Past MSU coaches used to bow down to this train of thought, but Dantonio doesn't take crap from anyone.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri May 30, 2014 12:06 pm

WTF? You can argue that the sentence was unfair but blaming it on the media is dumb.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm

duffy munn wrote:

WTF? You can argue that the sentence was unfair but blaming it on the media is dumb.
No, you're right the media NEVER influences court cases.  Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail 502811600 
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next