Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer

+10
Jake from State Farm
y2kMgrad
Dendrobates
Cameron
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer Empty Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 12:38

Just need to vent. Feel free to join in or rip on me I don't care.

Was driving out to get some breakfast with my wife, went through a roundabout and there was a cop at one of the entrances just sitting there. I knew right away I was getting pulled over, I just had that feeling as soon as I went by and then he came out behind me. Wasn't speeding (I drive the speedlimit), all the lights on my car work, have up to date license registration etc. I even said to my wife this guy is pulling me over, I know it and she thought I was being ridiculous. Officer stops me for in his own words 'an inspection'. Makes me get out of the car and pats me down. I have a receipt in my pocket and he's like what's in your pocket. I was like I don't know, and he's grilling me saying 'it's your pocket, what is it?' Was like probably a kleenex? I was like feel free to pull it out. He did and it's a receipt. After a bunch of insults and grilling me he lets me go. Mind you this is at a 9:45 AM on a Sunday and I didn't do a fucking thing wrong.

Fuck the police!

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer Empty Re: Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-21, 12:40

I had no idea Steve was black.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer Empty Re: Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer

Post by DWags 2018-01-21, 12:43

Should have been wearing a go pro. Could have been legend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 12:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I had no idea Steve was black.

Dude I’m as white as at gets. I need some sun!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-21, 12:47

You got out of the car why?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 12:49

aualum06 wrote:You got out of the car why?

He told me too. I guess I could have stuck up for my rights but I’m sure it would have made the experience worse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-21, 12:50

I’m glad you survived this close encounter Steve. God Bless.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-21, 12:51

Because he didn’t want to get shot in the face by some cop claiming to be terrified of Steve.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-21, 12:57

steveschneider wrote:

He told me too. I guess I could have stuck up for my rights but I’m sure it would have made the experience worse.

Call and report him
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 13:14

My diagnosis: Steve looked jittery and uptight, cop assumed criminal behavior.

Prescription: Smoke more dope.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 13:15

LooseGoose wrote:My diagnosis: Steve looked jittery and uptight, cop assumed criminal behavior.

Prescription: Smoke more dope.

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-21, 13:21

Yeah that was a complete violation of your rights. Unless there was a checkpoint set up or something. We’re there other cops there pulling other people over? Did you get his name and badge number? Fuck that guy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-21, 13:23

Cops don’t do “inspections”. Wtf Steve. I’d be out for blood man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 13:26

Rocinante wrote:Yeah that was a complete violation of your rights. Unless there was a checkpoint set up or something. We’re there other cops there pulling other people over? Did you get his name and badge number? Fuck that guy.

I don't remember the article or the law, but I think cops can you pull you over for any reason these days and search your car. Too lazy to do a google search right now.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-21, 13:31

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Yeah that was a complete violation of your rights. Unless there was a checkpoint set up or something. We’re there other cops there pulling other people over? Did you get his name and badge number? Fuck that guy.

I don't remember the article or the law, but I think cops can you pull you over for any reason these days and search your car. Too lazy to do a google search right now.

For no fucking reason? There’s a fancy word or term that escapes me right now. I think you’re wrong Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-21, 13:31

No they can’t. They have to have probable cause. And they have to tell you why they’re pulling you over. And absolutely can’t make you get out of the car and search you without your consent or a warrant.

Unless it was a checkpoint.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-21, 13:33

Steve just sent me a picture of the vehicle he was driving.

Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer 2u4pxu0
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-21, 13:34

steveschneider wrote:

Probable cause Steve. It's a constitutional right
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 13:36

Rocinante wrote:No they can’t. They have to have probable cause. And they have to tell you why they’re pulling you over. And absolutely can’t make you get out of the car and search you without your consent or a warrant.

Unless it was a checkpoint.

Even at a checkpoint they have no right to search.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 13:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

For no fucking reason? There’s a fancy word or term that escapes me right now. I think you’re wrong Steve.

I'm going to text my buddy that's a lawyer. Maybe technically they can't but I think the standard for pulling someone over is pretty damn low.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-21, 13:44

Who do I hate more, cops or steve? Tough one...

You got lucky this time, steve. Fuck the police.

To all of you saying they have no right to stop/search you, stand up for your rights, etc. Probably not a great idea to say any of that to an overzealous cop. It's fucked up, but the best course of action is pretty much always respectful compliance, then get justice done after the hardass with the gun is gone. But yeah, absolutely talk to a lawyer.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-01-21, 14:06

I’d be pretty pissed.

Too bad it wasn’t on camera.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 14:12

Cameron wrote:Who do I hate more, cops or steve? Tough one...

To all of you saying they have no right to stop/search you, stand up for your rights, etc. Probably not a great idea to say any of that to an overzealous cop. It's fucked up, but the best course of action is pretty much always respectful compliance, then get justice done after the hardass with the gun is gone. But yeah, absolutely talk to a lawyer.

Yep, I agree with this. Also, not sure I want to fight it. Who am I going to go to? Complain to the guys boss? I'm sure that boss has his back and I bet I'd only increase my odds of having a traffic stop in the future and possibly during an instance when I legitimately make a mistake.

Also, if I did complain I guarantee the cop won't be truthful about the stop. I remember in Michigan my friends dad pulled over to the side of the road out in the country to look at some deer. He was parked on the wrong side of the road and a cop happened to come down the road and gave him a ticket. Friends dad went to fight the ticket in court and the officer claimed that day the guy wasn't parked that the officer saw the vehicle driving down the wrong side of the road so he wrote a ticket. Judge believe the cop and he paid the fine. That's the type of shit you can count on when you try to fight the system.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-01-21, 14:23

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

For no fucking reason? There’s a fancy word or term that escapes  me right now. I think you’re wrong Steve.

I'm going to text my buddy that's a lawyer. Maybe technically they can't but I think the standard for pulling someone over is pretty damn low.

For them to pull you over, you have to have violated the law or they have to have "reasonable suspicion" that you're engaged in criminal activity. It's a low bar because there are so many traffic laws that it's easy to violate one on the road (changing lanes without using your blinker, driving in the left lane too long on the highway, having a brake light out etc.). In Steve's case it sounds like the cop was just trying to be a dick to him for some reason. I would be pissed too.

Edit: They also have to have probable cause to search your car, such as smelling marijuana, seeing a gun, having a warrant etc. That's a much higher bar for them to have than reasonable suspicion to pull you over and pat you down. From the facts you gave us I don't think he could have passed either bar, unless you looked REALLY nervous or suspicious for some reason.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 14:32

steveschneider wrote:

Yep, I agree with this. Also, not sure I want to fight it. Who am I going to go to? Complain to the guys boss? I'm sure that boss has his back and I bet I'd only increase my odds of having a traffic stop in the future and possibly during an instance when I legitimately make a mistake.

Also, if I did complain I guarantee the cop won't be truthful about the stop. I remember in Michigan my friends dad pulled over to the side of the road out in the country to look at some deer. He was parked on the wrong side of the road and a cop happened to come down the road and gave him a ticket. Friends dad went to fight the ticket in court and the officer claimed that day the guy wasn't parked that the officer saw the vehicle driving down the wrong side of the road so he wrote a ticket. Judge believe the cop and he paid the fine. That's the type of shit you can count on when you try to fight the system.

My favorite one....telling only part of the story. The landlord of my 1st apartment. Richest guy in town. Keeps my security deposit for having to "clean" the apartment. Complete bullshit as the apartment was so filthy when I moved in that my mother had helped me clean it then and when I moved out.

As a firm young idealistic believer in the American Justice system I take him to small claims court. I first suspected I might be in trouble when I saw him emerging from the judges chambers before court. He gets on the stand and testifies that in all his years of renting houses/apartments he'd never had to keep a deposit until mine, blah, blah, blah. I knew I had him then.

When my turn came I walked up to the judge with 3 signed affidavits from the other tenants that had moved out during just my time there - he'd kept EVERY ONE of their deposits. So he's committed blatant perjury. The judge took about 30 seconds to consider things and ruled in his favor.

I not only lost my deposit but got a contempt of court fine for calling the judge a crooked motherfucker in open court. My Dad laughed and laughed - called it a cheap lesson on why you always want to avoid getting entangled in the courts if you can.

I busted my ass campaigning against that district court judge in the next election and his replacement was no better....since then I've kept my Dad's advice close to my heart.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 14:35

PS and as an addendum out of the blue.

I saw these many years ago - fascinating to watch. I forced all my kids to watch these. I think they should be required viewing in high school civics class.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 14:40

y2kMgrad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

For them to pull you over, you have to have violated the law or they have to have "reasonable suspicion" that you're engaged in criminal activity. It's a low bar because there are so many traffic laws that it's easy to violate one on the road (changing lanes without using your blinker, driving in the left lane too long on the highway, having a brake light out etc.). In Steve's case it sounds like the cop was just trying to be a dick to him for some reason. I would be pissed too.

Edit: They also have to have probable cause to search your car, such as smelling marijuana, seeing a gun, having a warrant etc. That's a much higher bar for them to have than reasonable suspicion to pull you over and pat you down. From the facts you gave us I don't think he could have passed either bar, unless you looked REALLY nervous or suspicious for some reason.

I don’t smoke marijuana that often and have none in my system. Last time I toked was in the summer. I was just stoked to get a breakfast burrito at this bakery/cafe down the road.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-01-21, 14:48

steveschneider wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

I don’t smoke marijuana that often and have none in my system. Last time I toked was in the summer. I was just stoked to get a breakfast burrito at this bakery/cafe down the road.

Oh I wasn't saying you did, I was just giving examples. Just curious, did he even tell you why he was patting you down?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-21, 15:02

steveschneider wrote:

More and more departments are requiring body cams nowadays, but they have a funny way of malfunctioning whenever a cop is accused of impropriety. Fuckers.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-21, 15:04

steveschneider wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

What kind of BB did you get? Made to order or all the same type?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-01-21, 15:07

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

More and more departments are requiring body cams nowadays, but they have a funny way of malfunctioning whenever a cop is accused of impropriety. Fuckers.

Especially when you get shot because your cellphone looked like a gun.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 15:08

y2kMgrad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Oh I wasn't saying you did, I was just giving examples. Just curious, did he even tell you why he was patting you down?

He asked me to step out of the car, and naturally I complied. Then he told me to put my hands on the trunk of my car and he said he was going to pat me down for weapons. That's when he was super concerned about the receipt in my pocket.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 15:09

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

What kind of BB did you get? Made to order or all the same type?

Vegetarian one, but it's so fucking good. Red pepper, avocado and black beans in it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-01-21, 15:10

steveschneider wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

He asked me to step out of the car, and naturally I complied. Then he told me to put my hands on the trunk of my car and he said he was going to pat me down for weapons. That's when he was super concerned about the receipt in my pocket.

For no reason? Absurd.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-21, 15:11

LooseGoose wrote:PS and as an addendum out of the blue.

I saw these many years ago - fascinating to watch. I forced all my kids to watch these. I think they should be required viewing in high school civics class.

I saw that last year as well. I agree with you, a good thing to watch. TLDW, always have legal representation if cops ask you questions even if you are innocent.

Also, that sucks about the deposit. You got screwed!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 15:36

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:PS and as an addendum out of the blue.

I saw that last year as well. I agree with you, a good thing to watch. TLDW, always have legal representation if cops ask you questions even if you are innocent.

Also, that sucks about the deposit. You got screwed!

That was back in 1983 or 84 and it still grinds the hell out of me.....lol....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-21, 15:41

A dozen years or so ago a man was shot and killed at a subway shop in New Baltimore. Two teens were arrested and questioned by the police. Both confessed to robbing and shooting the man.

Thing is, they didn’t do it. Both confessed orally and written. They caught the guy out east months later.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-01-21, 15:50

The job itself attracts the exact kind of person who shouldn't have it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-21, 17:37

gHost Spartan wrote:You should contact: 1) the department that pulled you over; 2) the municipality, county, or state overseeing that employee; for local pigs then the mayor's office; county then county officials, etc.; 3) your state representatives in the state and federal legislatures; and 4) the ACLU.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, let that scumbag fucking pork sniffing pig get away with abusing your constitutional rights. FUCK THAT PIG... I'm fuming right now... there is NOTHING I hate more than these fucking scumbag pigs that abuse citizens' rights for absolutely no legitimate reason. You had NO REASON to be pulled over. NONE.

Call the pig pen tomorrow and ask for a report. Ask them for a report on the traffic stop. Make those fucking scumbag fucks put that in writing. FUCK THEM... Tell the pig chief or sheriff that you want a report. By the end of the week. Tell them to make that cocksucking pig put that shit in writing.

FUCK YOU PIG!!!

I'll help you draft something.

gHost is spot on. This was a complete violation of your 4th Amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure. Cop had no probable cause to pull you over, let alone search you, although you complied. And yeah, if he’d found anything, he totally would’ve lied about why he stopped you.
Here’s why you report this stop: Getting the incident on the record creates a paper trail. Who knows how often this cop, or several of them in that department, are making this illegal stops. Sometime, there might be a reporter or the ACLU looking into whether or not there is a pattern. Your report will help considerably.
Don’t just report to the department. Depending on where you live and the type of government set up, you file a complaint to every one of your city councilmembers, mayor’s office, city manager, or board of supervisors, whatever. Someone in that group might know there’s already a problem and your report could trigger an investigation. Unlike the police, those city/town/county leaders will be concerned about liability. While you probably don’t have cause to sue, something in the future might happen that could wind up costing millions.

tl:dr: Filing a report preserves the incident and could help bring it to an end, not just for you, but for others down the road.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-21, 17:38

Heat Miser wrote:The job itself attracts the exact kind of person who shouldn't have it.

Bump When You Have a Negative Experience With a Police Officer 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next