Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.

+4
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
SpartanInNH
Turtleneck
8 posters

Go down

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  Empty Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-07, 13:27

The Chicago Police Department cannot get out of its own way.

The Chicago cop who shot and killed a mentally-ill teenager thinks he deserves to be paid for his decision to pull the trigger. The cop also accidentally killed the 19-year-old college student’s neighbor, Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old woman. So that’s two families officer Robert Rialmo devastated but he’s apparently the one who is suffering from “extreme emotional trauma,” according to the lawsuit filed on Friday against the estate of Quintonio LeGrier seeking between $50,000 and $10 million in damages.

LeGrier’s lawyer was incredulous at the news. "After this coward shot a teenager in the back ... he has the temerity to sue him? That's a new low for the Chicago Police Department," Basileios Foutris tells the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/02/07/chicago_cop_is_suing_family_of_teenager_he_killed.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  Empty Re: Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-02-07, 17:05

Turtleneck wrote:The Chicago Police Department cannot get out of its own way.

The Chicago cop who shot and killed a mentally-ill teenager thinks he deserves to be paid for his decision to pull the trigger. The cop also accidentally killed the 19-year-old college student’s neighbor, Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old woman. So that’s two families officer Robert Rialmo devastated but he’s apparently the one who is suffering from “extreme emotional trauma,” according to the lawsuit filed on Friday against the estate of Quintonio LeGrier seeking between $50,000 and $10 million in damages.

LeGrier’s lawyer was incredulous at the news. "After this coward shot a teenager in the back ... he has the temerity to sue him? That's a new low for the Chicago Police Department," Basileios Foutris tells the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/02/07/chicago_cop_is_suing_family_of_teenager_he_killed.html

You know that this was a countersuit (response) to the family's lawsuit against him and the City of Chicago, right? It may even be required by Illinois law on some level. (For instance, Barbara Mandrell was forced to sue the estate of the young woman who ran into her (and ended up dead) before she could make a claim on her own insurance. There are some weird little laws in a lot of states.)

Nonetheless, I agree that it's a bad look, even if it is one forced upon the officer by state law.

What I find most offensive is the cop's lawyer's inability to distinguish between "its" and "it's." Seriously, dude, you graduated from college and law school and still can't use "it's" properly? Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  Empty Re: Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.

Post by DWags 2016-02-07, 17:19

Ima sue somebody for emotional stress after I read this story.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-07, 17:21

IB4Goose
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-02-07, 21:10

This is all because of the war on police

Don't know that this is the standard counter-suit, btw.  He's suing because of trauma.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-02-07, 21:33

bump
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 01:41

Didn't the fucker storm out of the apartment swinging a baseball bat at the guys head 3 times? I like how the article waits to mention anything about that until after they've played judge and jury in the first paragraph.

Author probably graduated from the Mizzou school of journalism.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 01:46

I'd be emotionally distressed too if I had some fuck that's swinging for the fences, i.e. my head, 3 times.

Who's allowing this fuck access to a baseball bat anyways if he's mentally handicapped and clearly prone to violence?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-02-08, 09:43

5 letters

T A S E R If the person or family of the person who gets tasered sues, very few are ever successful in court.

The whole countersuit is playing legal chicken.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 10:03

xsanguine wrote:Didn't the fucker storm out of the apartment swinging a baseball bat at the guys head 3 times? I like how the article waits to mention anything about that until after they've played judge and jury in the first paragraph.

Yeah, the author waited all the way until the sixth sentence. How could the author do that, X? It's so unfair. The injustice of this article. It's all so horrible, X. So unbelievably horrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 15:06

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Didn't the fucker storm out of the apartment swinging a baseball bat at the guys head 3 times? I like how the article waits to mention anything about that until after they've played judge and jury in the first paragraph.

Yeah, the author waited all the way until the sixth sentence. How could the author do that, X? It's so unfair. The injustice of this article. It's all so horrible, X. So unbelievably horrible.

It's also missing in your quote, too, TN. The actual details matter.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 15:58

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

They told the officer's side of the story before they mentioned that the family has a different take. I don't even know what your point is. Stop being so easily offended. You are worse than the people you constantly bitch about.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 16:17

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

They told the officer's side of the story before they mentioned that the family has a different take. I don't even know what your point is. Stop being so easily offended. You are worse than the people you constantly bitch about.

I objected to how the article was presented. There's nothing for me to get offended over... my only point was in the articles' phrasing.

The internet makes non-verbal cues impossible so don't take everything I say so personally. I'm in a flippant, but jovial mood, that's all.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 16:28

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I objected to how the article was presented. There's nothing for me to get offended over... my only point was in the articles' phrasing.

The internet makes non-verbal cues impossible so don't take everything I say so personally. I'm in a flippant, but jovial mood, that's all.

Yeah, it was so unfair how it went on for five sentences before it took up what is at dispute. It was terrible how it told us about the lawsuit first, even though the article was supposed to be about the lawsuit. I am outraged and have already started a letter writing campaign over this miscarriage of justice.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 16:45

Enough with the drama. I get it, you disagree with the officer's version of events. I don't share that opinion and pointed out what I feel is a pushed narrative by simply posting the first paragraph of the article and omitting allegedly why the individual was shot by the officer. I guess I can understand why you might take that personally but it was not intended to be a personal attack on you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 17:45

I never said I disagree with officer's version of the events. How did you reach that conclusion? That is quite a leap, especially since the actual incident has never been up for discussion in this thread. I am responding to your knee jerk reaction about the article. Sentence six is where explanation of the event form officer's perspective begins, but that is not good enough for you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 18:03

I reached that conclusion based on the source used as well as how that article was presented. It's definitely an assumption and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

...but if you can't read that article and see exactly what sort of outcome that author is looking for and contributing to... then I'm not sure what other conclusion I was supposed to come to.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 18:25

I think the social justice warriors are occupying too much space in your head.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 19:51

Could be... or it could be the specific quote presented from the article.

But hey, you never actually said you "disagreed with the officer" so we can't draw conclusions based on the presentation.

"The Chicago cop who shot and killed a mentally-ill teenager thinks he deserves to be paid for his decision to pull the trigger."

But yeah, it must be the social justice warriors occupying my head that lead me to make conclusions about the lack of intellectual honesty in that article. I've seen more journalistic objectivity on Tumblr.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 19:55

xsanguine wrote:Could be... or it could be the specific quote presented from the article.

But hey, you never actually said you "disagreed with the officer" so we can't draw conclusions based on the presentation.

"The Chicago cop who shot and killed a mentally-ill teenager thinks he deserves to be paid for his decision to pull the trigger."

But yeah, it must be the social justice warriors occupying my head that lead me to make conclusions about the lack of intellectual honesty in that article. I've seen more journalistic objectivity on Tumblr.

Did you intentionally leave the word "accidentally" out of your quote?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 19:58

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Could be... or it could be the specific quote presented from the article.

Did you intentionally leave the word "accidentally" out of your quote?

I just copy and pasted it from your op. Very first sentence of your* quote from the article.

Edit = *
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 20:03

Next sentence reads "accidentally killed the 19-year-old." But I realize that does not fit the narrative you are trying to craft, or maybe reading two sentences is hard.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 20:15

The cop also accidentally killed the 19-year-old college student’s neighbor, Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old woman. So that’s two families officer Robert Rialmo devastated but he’s apparently the one who is suffering from “extreme emotional trauma,” according to the lawsuit filed on Friday against the estate of Quintonio LeGrier seeking between $50,000 and $10 million in damages.

That's not what it says, TN. Close, but they're referring to the other family member neighbor...

The cop also accidentally killed the 19-year-old college student’s neighbor, Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old woman.

But we can then go on since I'm just trying to build a narrative (that this article is as bias as they come)...

So that’s two families officer Robert Rialmo devastated but he’s apparently the one who is suffering from “extreme emotional trauma,” according to the lawsuit filed on Friday against the estate of Quintonio LeGrier seeking between $50,000 and $10 million in damages.

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  1486952199

It doesn't get much better than that. The loathing...

He puts "Emotional trauma" in quotations... lol, yes because having a mentally handicapped psycho swing a bat at your head multiple times and then shooting him after he doesn't stop swinging a bat at your head wouldn't have a psychological impact on an individual.

Who is this self important peckerwood?

Edit: And I was right... this atrophied honkey hipster looks like he's never been in a confrontation in his life. It wouldn't hurt him to do a pushup once in awhile, either...

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  Avatar-284

But hey... maybe the family is right; Maybe the officer went to the house with the sole purpose to murder a black teenager in cold blood. It's far more probable that a cop went to murder a teenager in broad daylight with witnesses around than it is a mentally handicapped individual who probably doesn't know what century it is swung a bat at his head causing the shooting. They should get their PI license and join the Pinkertons.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-08, 20:24

xsanguine wrote:
The cop also accidentally killed the 19-year-old college student’s neighbor, Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old woman. So that’s two families officer Robert Rialmo devastated but he’s apparently the one who is suffering from “extreme emotional trauma,” according to the lawsuit filed on Friday against the estate of Quintonio LeGrier seeking between $50,000 and $10 million in damages.

That's not what it says, TN. Close, but they're referring to the other family member...

The cop also accidentally killed the 19-year-old college student’s neighbor, Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old woman.

But we can then go on since I'm just trying to build a narrative (that this article is as bias as they come)...

So that’s two families officer Robert Rialmo devastated but he’s apparently the one who is suffering from “extreme emotional trauma,” according to the lawsuit filed on Friday against the estate of Quintonio LeGrier seeking between $50,000 and $10 million in damages.

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  1486952199

He puts "Emotional trauma" in quotations... lol, yes because having a mentally handicapped psycho swing a bat at your head multiple times and then shooting him after he doesn't stop swinging a bat at your head wouldn't have a psychological impact on an individual.

Edit: And I was right... this atrophied honkey hipster looks like he's never been in a confrontation in his life. It wouldn't hurt him to do a pushup once in awhile, either...

Chicago police officer shoots teenager and teenager's 55 year old neighbor...sues one of the families for emotional trauma.  Avatar-284

But hey... maybe the family is right; Maybe the officer went to the house with the sole purpose to murder a black teenager in cold blood. It's far more probable that a cop went to murder a teenager in broad daylight with witnesses around than it is a mentally handicapped individual who probably doesn't know what century it is swung a bat at his head causing the shooting. They should get their PI license and join the Pinkertons.

You're right. I should learn to read. My bad.

But I am still not sure why you are so incredibly upset that it took six sentences to explain the officer's perspectives. I have to admit, the contradiction inherent in what you are doing is hilarious. You are accusing the author of an agenda, so without any factual information, you engage in a counter agenda. Guess what, you guys exist on different sides of same coin.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 20:36

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

That's not what it says, TN. Close, but they're referring to the other family member...

You're right. I should learn to read. My bad.

But I am still not sure why you are so incredibly upset that it took six sentences to explain the officer's perspectives. I have to admit, the contradiction inherent in what you are doing is hilarious. You are accusing the author of an agenda, so without any factual information, you engage in a counter agenda. Guess what, you guys exist on different sides of same coin.

No worries, I've done the same thing and you were gracious enough not to jump on me too harshly for it in the past.

You're partially right. I'm not denying that my preconceived notions and past experiences with people in the world and how cops interact with communities and vice versa doesn't play a role in my presumptions... I understand I am going to lean one way initially just naturally based on my experiences with the world. I think we all do that to some degree and some do it more than others.
However, one thing I will disagree with is that the ginger hipster cuckold and I are symmetrical in our tactics. You could be very right in some instances, I won't deny that... but in this instance all I'm doing is pointing out where the author is showing his SJW-esque bias. I'm not outright saying the officer is telling the truth and the kid's family is lying... but I am saying that given the facts presented it seems far more probable that the truth of the story is closer to the cop's version of events than it is the family. That's not the case in every situation and cops do lie a lot... but it's difficult for me to believe a cop went to that family's house and killed the kid in cold blood "just because".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-08, 20:43

Cop is obviously a huge pussy.  Pussy cause he had to use billets first pussy because he's scarred from it.  Shouldn't have been on the force if this is psychologically upsetting to him.  Don't know how justified the shooting was, I hope it was. But what we are seeing here will become the norm. Cops suing perps if they break a leg in a chase, car companies if they're in hot pursuit get in accident  and a cars airbag goes off and they still break a nose.  Or a plethora of other things.

Whatever.  Pussification of America continues.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 20:45

Something I forgot to address.

I'm not upset at all. I'm still in that jovial yet flippant mood... so me denigrating the author with ad hominems is just my way of internetting.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 20:46

DWags wrote:Cop is obviously a huge pussy.  Pussy cause he had to use billets first pussy because he's scarred from it.  Shouldn't have been on the force if this is psychologically upsetting to him.  Don't know how justified the shooting was, I hope it was. But what we are seeing here will become the norm. Cops suing perps if they break a leg in a chase, car companies if they're in hot pursuit get in accident  and a cars airbag goes off and they still break a nose.  Or a plethora of other things.

Whatever.  Pussification of America continues.

How often are you attacked with baseball bats, Dwags?

You must have balls of steel. Or do you wear titanium body armor everywhere? I wouldn't be scared of a teenager trying to Gary Sheffield my head off either if I was in a titanium body suit.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down