Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody ever get night terrors?

+20
SBSpartan
EdMartinsLoan
Big Ten Referee
Roger Waymeth
NigelUno
CrazySparty
steveschneider
Bill Cain
Floyd Robertson
Stan Sitwell
Watch Out Pylon!
LoneWolfSparty
tTito
DWags
Three Finger Brown
The Pantry
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Rocinante
tGreenWay
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody ever get night terrors?

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Stan Sitwell wrote:

Yeah its scary as shit.  Like you are awake but your whole body can't move.  The scariest part is it seems (at least in my experience) is a dark/black figure is sitting on or hovering above you prohibiting you from moving at all.

That's messed up. Is that usually a part of the experience for those who have/get it? (Although, to return to the original post, I would've preferred my roommate be sleep paralyzed rather than freaking me the f uck out. Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 502811600)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody ever get night terrors?

Post by Stan Sitwell Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:21 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

That's messed up.  Is that usually a part of the experience for those who have/get it?  (Although, to return to the original post, I would've preferred my roommate be sleep paralyzed rather than freaking me the f uck out. Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 502811600)

Yeah once I looked into it via google I was like holy crap that happens to me  Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 1550444538  It also helped me feel more at ease as to what the body/brain is doing.
Stan Sitwell
Stan Sitwell
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I can't remember where I saw it, but I recently came across an article on lucid dreaming. I'm fascinated by it, and maybe a little jealous. I'd love to be able to control my dreams while they're happening. I'll link it here if I can find it.

It isn't as great as it seems. This happens to me often and every time I try to do something cool, I end up waking up.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Stan Sitwell wrote:

Yeah once I looked into it via google I was like holy crap that happens to me  Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 1550444538  It also helped me feel more at ease as to what the body/brain is doing.

The body/brain takes care of itself in some pretty funky ways.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Big Ten Referee wrote:

It isn't as great as it seems. This happens to me often and every time I try to do something cool, I end up waking up.

Having seen Inception, I can imagine. Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 502811600

Seriously, though, I kind of understand what you're saying: There are times in my work when I'm awake, but kind of zoned out, but I'm still being incredibly creative. It's only when I actually become aware of the creativity, and especially when I consciously try to add to it, that it disappears. That's frustrating.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:53 pm

So, in the last two weeks, I've had two pretty violent dreams. Both of them had to do with accidents. In the first one, I forget what I'm doing, but I watch a truck T-Bone some type of a sedan. I didn't get hit, but as I'm looking around the wreckage, all the sudden I see a torso and upper body that are separated, with the spine sticking up and the guy is on the ground just reaching to try to put his body back together. He looks at me and then as he was struggling to put his spine back into his body, he died. I woke up in sweats.

The second one which I had a few night ago was among the same theme, sort of. I was driving with 2 cars in front of me. The car directly in front of me starts to pass the first car, because the guy is starting to break, I watch as a truck backs out from the left, which is why the lead car was breaking, as the second car slams into the trailer. I slammed on my breaks before the accident happened and swerved to the other side of the road, hopped out of my car, because there was a car coming straight at me and one behind me. When it was safe to look up, I could see that the driver who hit the trailer was decapitated and blood was all over the place. I woke up shortly after that hyperventilating. 
By the 'end' of both dreams, I was somewhat conscience of what was going on and woke myself up.

TL:DR - Pretty violent dreams where I see other people die in bad car accidents.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMartinsLoan Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Every night for the last 26 years.
When I wake up in the morning she's still there.
EdMartinsLoan
EdMartinsLoan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 pm

I have had recurring nightmares for as long as I care to remember. They can be so bad I don't go back to sleep.
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:00 pm

SBSpartan wrote:I have had recurring nightmares for as long as I care to remember. They can be so bad I don't go back to sleep.

Get a dream catcher
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:06 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Get a dream catcher

Mrs sbs did get me one a while back. It is a mental thing but it works well. I do still have dreams. When I do I shake it out. Outside of course. Wink
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 am

[quote="Stan Sitwell"]
Well that's fvcked up. Usually, when I get the paralysis, I think I'm hearing stuff, like someone breaking into the house. Or someone calling my name. Never had some devil-like figure hovering near me.  Shocked 
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:18 pm

SBSpartan wrote:

Mrs sbs did get me one a while back. It is a mental thing but it works well. I do still have dreams. When I do I shake it out. Outside of course. Wink

Can't you have Mrs SBS "Shake it out"  Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 3434560931 Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 2599972566 
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Tell me what you know about dreamin’ dreamin’
You don't really know about nothin’ nothin’
Tell me what you know about them night terrors every night
5 AM, cold sweats wakin’ up to the sky
Tell me what you know about dreams, dreams
Tell me what you know about night terrors, nothin’
You don't really care about the trials of tomorrow
Rather lay awake in a bed full of sorrow
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm

SBSpartan wrote:

Shake it out?? I do believe different tribes have different customs, but this is how I learned.

Hang the dream-catcher up near your window and open your blinds every morning. Bad dreams will get caught in the web and burned away by the sun, never to be dreamt again. Your good dreams will be caught and protected by traveling down to the feathers, allowing you to have that dream again

Anybody ever get night terrors? - Page 2 Dream_10
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2