Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobby Sak!! Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?! What’s up Bob?

+9
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
DWags
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bobby Sak!!  Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?!  What’s up Bob? Empty Bobby Sak!! Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?! What’s up Bob?

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 13:08

It’s obvious from the story that Bob is the parent Finamore has an argument with. Probably about which Bruce album was the best.

Bobby Sak gets ELHS bball coach suspended
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bobby Sak!!  Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?!  What’s up Bob? Empty Re: Bobby Sak!! Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?! What’s up Bob?

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-22, 13:13

Sounds like someone is mad their kid didn't get in.

Give me the scoop Bob!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bobby Sak!!  Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?!  What’s up Bob? Empty Re: Bobby Sak!! Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?! What’s up Bob?

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-22, 13:14

gHost Spartan wrote:IS that Bobby Sak?

He is neither the parent nor the Coach.

But, I bet he knows the scoop.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 13:21

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:IS that Bobby Sak?

He is neither the parent nor the Coach.

But, I bet he knows the scoop.  

How do we know Bobby didn't go to the Peanut barrel before the last game, ride his bike over to the high school, half in the bag, listening to Bruce's greatest hits, eat some stale popcorn at the game some sophomore kids shoved into a bag with his unwashed hands, and was pissed that this guy refuses to play a matchup zone or have Bruce songs during warm ups?   I think you're giving him way too much room here.  I'm focusing on Bobby as the upset parent.

Oh, and I'd investigate the program for promoting a culture of stale popcorn and bad 90's warmup music.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-22, 13:32

Did that guy try to take away bobs Bible or something?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-22, 15:37

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-22, 15:53

Bob's silence is deafening. When will he talk? What is he hiding?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 16:00

duffy munn wrote:Bob's silence is deafening. When will he talk? What is he hiding?

he's cultivated a culture of violence there for years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-22, 16:07

I think he's picketing at the high school right now. Maybe we should send him some pizza or a sandwich.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-22, 16:22

WITN (word in the neighborhood) is Bob has a lot of money riding on Okemos, and he sabotaged his hometown team just to make back what he owes the local bookie. Bob is in deep, man, he’s in deep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 16:28

tGreenWay wrote:WITN (word in the neighborhood) is Bob has a lot of money riding on Okemos, and he sabotaged his hometown team just to make back what he owes the local bookie. Bob is in deep, man, he’s in deep.

I would have never thought Bob was this way. It’s shocking. Sad. Do you know if Bob hit the coach?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-22, 16:47

I think I figured out where Bob is. Dagwoods is in real danger with the floodwaters rising. He's out there with a bucket to save the day.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 16:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I think I figured out where Bob is. Dagwoods is in real danger with the floodwaters rising. He's out there with a bucket to save the day.

Working for his Hamms.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-22, 17:12

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:WITN (word in the neighborhood) is Bob has a lot of money riding on Okemos, and he sabotaged his hometown team just to make back what he owes the local bookie. Bob is in deep, man, he’s in deep.

I would have never thought Bob was this way. It’s shocking. Sad. Do you know if Bob hit the coach?

Not only did Bob hit the coach, he also killed five hookers!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-22, 17:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I think I figured out where Bob is. Dagwoods is in real danger with the floodwaters rising. He's out there with a bucket to save the day.

Translation: Bob is at Dagwood’s with a bucket to save a bucket of beer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-22, 17:39

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Not only did Bob hit the coach, he also killed five hookers!

I'm very disappointed in Bob. Thoughts and prayers to the dead hookers.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-22, 17:40

tGreenWay wrote:

Dags is closed today.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-22, 18:05

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Dags is closed today.

As if that would deter Bob. Nothing gets between Bob and his cheap beer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-22, 20:51

I'm staying out of it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 20:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm staying out of it.

Too late.  What was the argument about?   We all know it's probably playing time, but we're hoping that it was you in a semi drunk state, screaming at him about a match up zone.   

FTR, when I was doing an A.D. thing, I always told my coaches, NEVER, confront an angry parent on the field or court, sit there and take it and quietly ask him after his tirade if the parent would like some office time to discuss it.  Confrontation after the emotion of a game is a no win situation.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-22, 21:04

Send me a PM.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-22, 21:05

DWags wrote:

Too late.  What was the argument about?   We all know it's probably playing time, but we're hoping that it was you in a semi drunk state, screaming at him about a match up zone.   

FTR, when I was doing an A.D. thing, I always told my coaches, NEVER, confront an angry parent on the field or court, sit there and take it and quietly ask him after his tirade if the parent would like some office time to discuss it.  Confrontation after the emotion of a game is a no win situation.
in all seriousness, I know Steve quite well. Haven't talked to him in a week or so - but I do know him well enough to pretty much automatically take his side, no questions asked - until proven otherwise.

Sucks though.

That said, they'll beat Okemos by at least 20 Friday. Last time they played , at EL, Brandon didn't even dress out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 21:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

in all seriousness, I know Steve quite well. Haven't talked to him in a week or so - but I do know him well enough to pretty much automatically take his side, no questions asked - until proven otherwise.

Sucks though.

That said, they'll beat Okemos by at least 20 Friday. Last time they played , at EL, Brandon didn't even dress out.

Hope it works out.  Run it up on Okemos for the coach!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-22, 21:10

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sucks though.

I'll be like Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers. Comin' off a drunk to coach in Gene Hackman's absence.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 21:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'll be like Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers. Comin' off a drunk to coach in Gene Hackman's absence.

Shooter Sakimano
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 21:33

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'll be like Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers. Comin' off a drunk to coach in Gene Hackman's absence.

Shooter Sakimano

Bobby Sak!!  Fighting with east lansings head basketball coach?!?!  What’s up Bob? 502811600

Run that picket fence.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-23, 06:08

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'll be like Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers. Comin' off a drunk to coach in Gene Hackman's absence.

Shooter Sakimano
[lolz]
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-23, 09:00

Finamore was on with Fred Heuman last night. He didn't seem very happy with Tom Hunt.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-23, 09:48

duffy munn wrote:Finamore was on with Fred Heuman last night. He didn't seem very happy with Tom Hunt.
I ran into Tom last night at the high school - he seemed to be rather evasive.. like I was gonna walk up to him and go "yo, what's up with Finamore" - c'mon, dude.

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:50

duffy munn wrote:Finamore was on with Fred Heuman last night. He didn't seem very happy with Tom Hunt.

I'm guessing Tom Hunt isn't very happy with him right now either.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-23, 11:03

How is Bobby Sak not getting any blame here?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-23, 11:50

DWags wrote:How is Bobby Sak not getting any blame here?
NO COLLUSION!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-23, 11:51

We should all meet at the not underwater Dagwoods to discuss. Might not be open though because everything around it is underwater. To the Peanut Barrel!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-23, 13:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I ran into Tom last night at the high school - he seemed to be rather evasive.. like I was gonna walk up to him and go "yo, what's up with Finamore" - c'mon, dude.

Rolling Eyes

I don't know Finamore but I've known Hunt for over 30 years. Dating back to his days as the director of ELRA when I was coaching baseball and basketball.

He is a pretty laid back dude. If whatever Finamore did was enough to draw his ire it must be pretty bad. In the interview with Uncle Fred, SF sounded like a guy that knows he might be done.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-23, 13:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We should all meet at the not underwater Dagwoods to discuss. Might not be open though because everything around it is underwater. To the Peanut Barrel!

Dags is open for business today.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-23, 13:11

duffy munn wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We should all meet at the not underwater Dagwoods to discuss. Might not be open though because everything around it is underwater. To the Peanut Barrel!

Dags is open for business today.

Even with the roads around it under water? I'm guessing the water is receding then?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 13:17

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I ran into Tom last night at the high school - he seemed to be rather evasive.. like I was gonna walk up to him and go "yo, what's up with Finamore" - c'mon, dude.

Rolling Eyes

I don't know Finamore but I've known Hunt for over 30 years. Dating back to his days as the director of ELRA when I was coaching baseball and basketball.

He is a pretty laid back dude. If whatever Finamore did was enough to draw his ire it must be pretty bad. In the interview with Uncle Fred, SF sounded like a guy that knows he might be done.

It probably wasn't a great idea for SF to talk to the media.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-23, 13:29

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I ran into Tom last night at the high school - he seemed to be rather evasive.. like I was gonna walk up to him and go "yo, what's up with Finamore" - c'mon, dude.

Rolling Eyes

I don't know this to be fact but I suspect Steve committed to hanging around at EL until Brandon was done. Last year was there best opportunity to get to the Breslin. They had some good pieces (until they ran into Kalamazoo Central and Livers) - anyway, high school coaching isn't what it used to be - the parents can ruin even the best of scenarios.

Whatever happens with Steve, I think it'll be his decision- he's a great guy who will have some good opportunities.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-23, 13:30

Wow. I started this as a joke, sounds like it sucks all around. I think about the kids on the team. If it was a parent of one, how it will effect teammates relationships. Two adults not handling a problem and kids will be fucked up because of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-23, 15:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I don't know this to be fact but I suspect Steve committed to hanging around at EL until Brandon was done. Last year was there best opportunity to get to the Breslin. They had some good pieces (until they ran into Kalamazoo Central and Livers) - anyway, high school coaching isn't what it used to be - the parents can ruin even the best of scenarios.

Whatever happens with Steve, I think it'll be his decision- he's a great guy who will have some good opportunities.

Parents suck. They always think their kid is the best and should play more. As a youth coach, I had a method of dealing with irate parents bitching over playing time. I would simply take my whistle off from around my neck ( or pocket after games)and offer it to the upset parent. "You want this?" None of them ever said yes.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next