Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s time to show the carnage

+2
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

It’s time to show the carnage Empty It’s time to show the carnage

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-28, 14:09

News coverage of the aftermath of these mass shootings are way too sanitized. I fully agree with the following two pieces which state it’s time to show Americans what these military-style semi-assault rifles really do to their sons and daughters. Show it for all to see. Obviously, it’s not a new idea; people like Goose and RTL and other groups have been showing full color photos for years. Maybe he and they are onto something.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2018/02/show-us-the-carnage-and-other-changes-to-the-post-massacre-ritual/553607/

http://amp.slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/02/its-time-to-show-the-carnage-of-mass-shootings.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

It’s time to show the carnage Empty Re: It’s time to show the carnage

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 14:11

I don't think the "pro life" crowd is going to like this very much.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-28, 14:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't think the "pro life" crowd is going to like this very much.

Why not? It’s a page ripped right out of their playbook.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-02-28, 14:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't think the "pro life" crowd is going to like this very much.

I don't know Bob. The pro-life crowd likes those aborted baby photos so much some states have tried to pass legislation requiring women seeking legal abortions to view them prior in a pre-surgical interview.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 14:34

tGreenWay wrote:

Why not? It’s a page ripped right out of their playbook.
oh, I know - but a) they're not really "pro life" and b) it might paint an ugly picture of their obsession with guns.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 14:34

GRR Spartan wrote:

I don't know Bob. The pro-life crowd likes those aborted baby photos so much some states have tried to pass legislation requiring women seeking legal abortions to view them prior in a pre-surgical interview.
well, as you know - they're "pro-birth".. not "pro-life".

big difference.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-02-28, 15:57

I haven't looked at the pictures, if they are in the link. I think that is part of what changed a little this time. Some of these kids were recording what was happening. They put it on social media.
I thought I heard that one of the reasons that Vietnam was so unpopular was because there was a lot of video of soldiers coming back dead or injured. People saw it on the news. If you watched wars after that, it was disrespectful to show funerals or grieving families of wars. BS.
There are signs on a few of the bridges on highways here that say "Never Forget". I just hope these kids can keep it up through November.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-28, 16:03

I think this was a good start toward that recently from huff po, not that anyone will read through every detail

All 58 Vegas shooting victims autopsy results
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 17:53

InTenSity wrote:I haven't looked at the pictures, if they are in the link. I think that is part of what changed a little this time. Some of these kids were recording what was happening. They put it on social media.
I thought I heard that one of the reasons that Vietnam was so unpopular was because there was a lot of video of soldiers coming back dead or injured. People saw it on the news. If you watched wars after that, it was disrespectful to show funerals or grieving families of wars. BS.
There are signs on a few of the bridges on highways here that say "Never Forget". I just hope these kids can keep it up through November.
truth.

These young men and women are incredible.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 16:59

tGreenWay wrote:News coverage of the aftermath of these mass shootings are way too sanitized. I fully agree with the following two pieces which state it’s time to show Americans what these military-style semi-assault rifles really do to their sons and daughters. Show it for all to see. Obviously, it’s not a new idea; people like Goose and RTL and other groups have been showing full color photos for years. Maybe he and they are onto something.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2018/02/show-us-the-carnage-and-other-changes-to-the-post-massacre-ritual/553607/

http://amp.slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/02/its-time-to-show-the-carnage-of-mass-shootings.html

I'm all for it. Show the 3000 abortions per day and the 27 murders a day, we need to slow both down. Maybe throw in the 60+ ODs a day too.

In the meantime you could educate yourself about efficacy of gun laws by reading some of these:

I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.

The assault weapons ban didn't work. A new version won't, either

Crime soared with Mass. gun law
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 17:01

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:News coverage of the aftermath of these mass shootings are way too sanitized. I fully agree with the following two pieces which state it’s time to show Americans what these military-style semi-assault rifles really do to their sons and daughters. Show it for all to see. Obviously, it’s not a new idea; people like Goose and RTL and other groups have been showing full color photos for years. Maybe he and they are onto something.

I'm all for it. Show the 3000 abortions per day and the 27 murders a day, we need to slow both down. Maybe throw in the 60+ ODs a day too.

In the meantime you could educate yourself about efficacy of gun laws by reading some of these:

I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.

The assault weapons ban didn't work. A new version won't, either

Crime soared with Mass. gun law

Yeah...your research told you CNN coverage caused the mass shootings...

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-06, 05:44

should someone tell Goose that abortion is legal and shooting people is illegal?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down