Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread

+22
Turtleneck
By-Tor
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
aualum06
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
steveschneider
Cameron
DWags
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
26 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-03, 21:29

Hard to believe that Bridges will (very likely) leave MSU 0-3 vs UM.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread

Post by DWags 2018-03-03, 21:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Hard to believe that Bridges will (very likely) leave MSU 0-3 vs UM.

well, he's 1-3 and infer what you will about what he said after the game.

https://twitter.com/SpartyDigital/status/970115000944812033
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-03-03, 21:37

Cameron wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I'm perplexed why they keep putting him on Wagner. That's a terrible match up. I mean the major problem I guess is there is no one for him that he can actually guard

We could go small with them no problem if we didn't insist on always playing the same rotation.

What did Bridges get, like 2 minutes at PF?

And at the end of the day ward won't play no matter what line up because he can't guard any of the Michigan five or a ball screen
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-03, 21:39

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Hard to believe that Bridges will (very likely) leave MSU 0-3 vs UM.

His mother would disown him.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-03, 21:41

DWags wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

How long would my ban be if I used it? I'm trying to determine the cost-benefit ratio. Serious question.

As long as you don't use it, you're good.  I realize this is the most attention you've got in your history here, so enjoy it.  You know the deal now.  Don't be a dick, call me whatever you need to call me, who cares.  Dont' cross the line.

You obviously haven't been paying attention. I'm a message board legend, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-03, 21:50

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I was with my dad all day today and thankfully missed the game... from what I read, it was a shit show. Izzo has some time to fix this but who knows whether that's possible. B_____ is a damn good coach and as much as I hate those motherfuckers he deserves our respect.

This is the best team Izzo is going to have the rest of his career. This is a golden opportunity and he’s blowing it.
A few weeks ago, you were saying that the season was a disappointment because we weren't leading the Big 10...which would have required the longest winning streak in MSU history to be leading at that point. We won the Big 10 anyway.

Now "he's blowing it", even though we haven't played an NCAA tournament game yet....and this on the heels of having the most regular season wins in MSU history and the fewest losses since the 50s when we only played 20 games.

Just saying, I hope your concerns prove to be as valid as they were a few weeks ago. The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 8 55953254
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-03, 21:59

DWags wrote:

okay, gotcha on the record.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 22:00

DWags wrote:

There is nothing to see here.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-03, 22:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'd advise him to leave.  Why end a career 1-5 against Michigan?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-03, 22:23

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I'd advise him to leave.  Why end a career 1-5 against Michigan?

DWags has got jokes!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 22:38

B____ owns izzo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-03, 22:41

Who started this thread anyway?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-03, 23:00

I hate so many of you fuckers right now. Blues everywhere...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 23:10

Could fife lead this team to a natty?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-03-03, 23:14

Some of you are going way into the deep zone. Just here to chime in with a... GO Green!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-03, 23:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Could fife lead this team to a natty?

What was his record at Indiana University Purdue University Notre Ball Dame State University?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 23:18

Turtleneck wrote:

What was his record at Indiana University Purdue University Notre Ball Dame State University?

Not sure.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-03, 23:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Not sure.

You in for $20?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 23:20

Cameron wrote:

Not sure.

You in for $20?

What’s the bet?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-03, 23:22

Cameron wrote:

You in for $20?

What’s the bet?

If you find a job before 2020.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 23:24

Turtleneck wrote:

What’s the bet?

If you find a job before 2020.

Okay who’s paying me?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-03, 23:26

1. Why would he leave Clarkston?
2. Lets see how he can coach without his star point gurad Forest Lawyer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-03, 23:28

#FifeNatty
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-03, 23:31

Cameron wrote:

You in for $20?

What’s the bet?

Do you read what others post, or do you just wank your keyboard and hit send?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 23:35

Cameron wrote:

What’s the bet?

I have not read the entire thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-03, 23:47

Cameron wrote:

I have not read the entire thread.

So, wank and send.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-03, 23:50

Ok.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 06:24

Langford is playing like poop.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-04, 07:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Langford is playing like poop.

Went 1-8 fg and 0-3 for 3pt. 2pts all game. That’s brutal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-04, 07:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This is the best team Izzo is going to have the rest of his career. This is a golden opportunity and he’s blowing it.
A few weeks ago, you were saying that the season was a disappointment because we weren't leading the Big 10...which would have required the longest winning streak in MSU history to be leading at that point. We won the Big 10 anyway.

Now "he's blowing it", even though we haven't played an NCAA tournament game yet....and this on the heels of having the most regular season wins in MSU history and the fewest losses since the 50s when we only played 20 games.

Just saying, I hope your concerns prove to be as valid as they were a few weeks ago. The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 8 55953254

I hope I’m wrong too. There’s a lot to celebrate this season but there’s a lot to be concerned about heading into the tournament. This team has a high ceiling and it also has a lot of flaws. I thought Couch had a good call out about how this team doesn’t really have an identity yet and there’s not much more time to figure it out. Just my observation that concerns me but the b10 was pretty damn soft this year and a lot of those crappy teams played us tight in the first half, by the second half we wore those teams out and ran them out of the gym. Most of the teams we are going to face have the depth and talent where they won’t fold in the second half.

The things that give me hope, this team is unbelievably talented and when they string it all together they play as good as anyone. Also, there’s still a lot of upside to this team unfortunately there isn’t much more time to iron out the wrinkles. I still stand by it though I don’t think Izzo is going to have a group this talented again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 08:02

1-3 is is still possible. I've had a recurring dream we played them in the Tournament and crushed their hopes. Then again last night I dreamt I was shuffling a deck of cards on the Big Mac and when a gust of wind caught them I almost went over the edge trying to retrieve them. For that dream I have to thank Wags and his fucking truck link.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-04, 10:28

LooseGoose wrote:1-3 is is still possible. I've had a recurring dream we played them in the Tournament and crushed their hopes. Then again last night I dreamt I was shuffling a deck of cards on the Big Mac and when a gust of wind caught them I almost went over the edge trying to retrieve them. For that dream I have to thank Wags and his fucking truck link.

Let the fucking cards go you cheap bastard. That’s what your dream was telling you
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 10:49

man how many times this year are we going to come out of a timeout and end up with a deep 3 from bridges. Just mindblowing, also that it took until the second half to start going to bridges going inside. Should have fed ward Jackson and bridges downlow when we couldn’t push the pace. Fuck!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-04, 11:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:man how many times this year are we going to come out of a timeout and end up with a deep 3 from bridges. Just mindblowing, also that it took until the second half to start going to bridges going inside. Should have fed ward Jackson and bridges downlow when we couldn’t push the pace. Fuck!!!

File this in my complaints about Tom Izzos stale and outdated offense that should be more like Beilein’s but there was a time when Izzo called a time out he would almost always draw up an amazing play.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 11:08

Fire Izzo!! Hire Kermit!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 11:14

Talking about things we could have done better = wanting to fire izzo? Huh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-04, 11:17

steveschneider wrote:
File this in my complaints about Tom Izzos stale and outdated offense that should be more like Beilein’s but there was a time when Izzo called a time out he would almost always draw up an amazing play.

Was yesterday your first experience with the game of basketball?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-04, 11:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Talking about things we could have done better = wanting to fire izzo? Huh.

#FifeNatty
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-04, 11:33

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Criticism warning, if you want a pro MSU point of view don’t read —

UofM has less talent but because of Beilein’s great offense he gets more bang for the buck out of these guys. Run the same players through Izzo’s offense and they are dead last in the B10.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-04, 11:45

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Criticism warning, if you want a pro MSU point of view don’t read —

UofM has less talent but because of Beilein’s great offense he gets more bang for the buck out of these guys. Run the same players through Izzo’s offense and they are dead last in the B10.

Your argument about their offense is not supported by the data, and this was pointed out last night. Have you ever thought UM's greatest attribute right now is their defense?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next