Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment

+7
Da Mayor
Turtleneck
Cameron
SawGreen
tGreenWay
NigelUno
DWags
11 posters

Go down

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  Empty ESPN being sued for sexual harassment

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 18:16

I take no pleasure in this. It all sucks. Just wanted to keep you guys apprised. I get the irony. Irony.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  Empty Re: ESPN being sued for sexual harassment

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 18:22

How do you file a lawsuit on a Sunday? On the interwebs?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  Empty Re: ESPN being sued for sexual harassment

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 18:23

NigelUno wrote:How do you file a lawsuit on a Sunday? On the interwebs?

Yes. Federal courts allow for electronic filing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-03-05, 18:32

So I got this... and I need a talk bubble. What should it be?

(actual Baghdad Bob quotes)

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"
"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq.
This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."
"On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the infidels who were killed and the number of destroyed vehicles. The operation continues."
"It has been rumored that we have fired Scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."
"Search for the truth. I tell you things and I always ask you to verify what I say. I told you yesterday that there was an attack and a retreat at Saddam's airport."
"These cowards have no morals. They have no shame about lying."

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  Bagdad10
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 18:42

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:How do you file a lawsuit on a Sunday? On the interwebs?

Yes. Federal courts allow for electronic filing.

Then there's no excuse for ghost to be slacking off on the weekends on Part III.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-05, 18:48

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  073a218f0bab202c80eb68407bba2c01411092a01410ab8769bdb91ad936ede4
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 19:17

SawGreen wrote:So I got this... and I need a talk bubble.  What should it be?

(actual Baghdad Bob quotes)

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"
"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq.
This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."
"On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the infidels who were killed and the number of destroyed vehicles. The operation continues."
"It has been rumored that we have fired Scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."
"Search for the truth. I tell you things and I always ask you to verify what I say. I told you yesterday that there was an attack and a retreat at Saddam's airport."
"These cowards have no morals. They have no shame about lying."

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  Bagdad10

But they pay Paula $$ so she stays there.  I think there's a name for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-05, 19:46

Hill posted this 45 minutes ago.

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  DXkENeuW0A4WsRB
https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/970811867915608064
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-05, 19:46

DWags wrote:I take no pleasure in this. It all sucks. Just wanted to keep you guys apprised. I get the irony. Irony.

Pay wall, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-05, 19:48

Turtleneck wrote:Hill posted this 45 minutes ago.

Maybe Berman made her sleep in the wet spot?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-03-05, 19:49

Wow. The personal gain part is interesting.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 19:52

So if all the news puts that headline out there, does a Sunday special, how does Bergman put the Genie back in the bottle?? Cause Dantonio and Izzo have to.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-05, 19:55

SawGreen wrote:

Wow. The personal gain part is interesting.

She's not saying Berman used it for personal gain. She's saying the person she confided in did.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-03-05, 20:02

Da Mayor wrote:
She's not saying Berman used it for personal gain. She's saying the person she confided in did.

Yeah, took some info, interpreted it how they pleased, and ran with it... for gain. Sounds kind of familiar.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-05, 20:03

SawGreen wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Yeah, took some info, interpreted it how they pleased, and ran with it... for gain. Sounds kind of familiar.

It was probably that skank bitch Lavigne.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 20:05

DWags wrote:

So if all the news puts that headline out there, does a Sunday special, how does Bergman put the Genie back in the bottle?? Cause Dantonio and Izzo have to.
Exactly and Jemelle calling out other media as wildly inaccurate is rich.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 20:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

Seems like Jemelle is actually calling out the woman suing BSPN, because her then-friend/former colleague included something in her lawsuit that mentions the Hill/Berman issue. It’s not Deadspin and others getting the story wrong, because they are correct in reporting that it’s in the lawsuit. It’s the now ex-friend whom Jemelle is accusing of trying to make a profit. But you are def correct that the bell can’t be unrung, despite all the updates to their stories.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 20:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Seems like Jemelle is actually calling out the woman suing BSPN, because her then-friend/former colleague included something in her lawsuit that mentions the Hill/Berman issue. It’s not Deadspin and others getting the story wrong, because they are correct in reporting that it’s in the lawsuit. It’s the now ex-friend whom Jemelle is accusing of trying to make a profit. But you are def correct that the bell can’t be unrung, despite all the updates to their stories.
Yeah, but I stand by my story.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 20:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, but I stand by my story.

ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  502811600 ESPN being sued for sexual harassment  1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 20:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Jemele's kind of dancing around it.  Sounds like Berman said something inappropriate...it just wasn't left on her voicemail. And whatever he said, she was happy with how it was resolved. Maybe she got paid not to talk about it...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 20:29

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Jemele's kind of dancing around it.  Sounds like Berman said something inappropriate...it just wasn't left on her voicemail. And whatever he said, she was happy with how it was resolved. Maybe she got paid not to talk about it...

Please don’t speculate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 20:36

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Please don’t speculate.

ESPN made her feel like a "valued employee" = she got paid.

And frankly, that's called a cover up.

That should probably be investigated.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-05, 20:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

I am sorry she often has ideas that differ from those you feel she should have.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 20:54

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I am sorry she often has ideas that differ from those you feel she should have.

But she always has those enticing green eyes.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-03-05, 21:05

WOTS is the Boston Globe expose' that ran Dec 14 '17 was the catalyst for John Skipper, ESPN President President and Co-Chair of Disney Media to resign on Dec 18 '17 very suddenly for "substance addiction issues" only a month after signing a contract extension thru 2021.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2017/12/14/women-who-worked-espn-say-its-problems-far-beyond-barstool-sports/L1v9HJIvtnHuBPiMru6yGM/story.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 21:08

Hard to take that company seriously on any bit of reporting about sexual abuse when the very problem is rampant in their own company.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-06, 07:13

GRR Spartan wrote:WOTS is the Boston Globe expose' that ran Dec 14 '17 was the catalyst for John Skipper, ESPN President President and Co-Chair of Disney Media to resign on Dec 18 '17 very suddenly for "substance addiction issues" only a month after signing a contract extension thru 2021.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2017/12/14/women-who-worked-espn-say-its-problems-far-beyond-barstool-sports/L1v9HJIvtnHuBPiMru6yGM/story.html

There was a book published a while back that claims that cocaine, boozing, orgies and prostitution wasn’t uncommon at ESPN. I actually think his substance problem is probably legit. The culture there was rotten and it always starts at the top.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-06, 07:21

Another old scandal at the place involving Berman, a make up artist and an affair with Chris Carter. Place sounds like a mess.

http://nyp.st/1Y2PO71
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-06, 12:02

Seriously, Paula Lavigne working there is like Bob working for the Trump administration.

.....If we are to believe that she's really concerned about sexual misconduct, and not just interested in selling books, that is.

It's just such bullshit that she was just interested in helping the victims or just trying to stop this "culture" at MSU.  Where was her concern about other athletic programs?  Or about the general college population nationwide?  Or about, I don't know, maybe your own fucking company, Paula?  
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-06, 12:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:Seriously, Paula Lavigne working there is like Bob working for the Trump administration.

.....If we are to believe that she's really concerned about sexual misconduct, and not just interested in selling books, that is.

It's just such bullshit that she was just interested in helping the victims or just trying to stop this "culture" at MSU.  Where was her concern about other athletic programs?  Or about the general college population nationwide?  Or about, I don't know, maybe your own fucking company, Paula?  

Couldn’t agree more. Hard to take their little crusade seriously when they have major problems in their own company!! The book about ESPN claims that the assistants were prostituting them selves to the fedex ups guys.

“At one point in the ’80s ESPN kept an apartment in New York City. “I remember [an ESPN exec] coming in and saying, ‘We gotta get rid of this apartment…because the mail boys got a couple of our secretaries hooking over there,'” says former ESPN CEO Bill Grimes. “Hooking! That’s what he said…. ‘They’re making money after work when no one’s there. It’s getting out of control.'””
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-06, 12:45

Also read about Mike Tirico’s days At ESPN. You’ll never be able to look at him the same way. Dude was sick!

And more detail about the prostitution scandal at ESPN.

https://nypost.com/2011/05/22/new-book-reveals-hookers-coke-and-xmas-orgies-at-espn/
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down