Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER.

+17
Wally Fairway
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
loogoldham
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
The Pantry
steveschneider
Code_Warrior
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
DWags
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER. Empty OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER.

Post by DWags Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:29

I feel like Gerald Ford here.    But damn guys, Had Michigan won this, we would not have been able to live in this state till the fall.   That's one hell of a team Michigan has. 

Tell me wagner is gone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER. Empty Re: OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER.

Post by Nordic Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:31

Thank you Jay Wright
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER. Empty Re: OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER.

Post by Guest Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:31

I feel as though a burden has been lifted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:34

I think Wagner will be back to be honest. I looked at ESPN Top 100 today and he's barely in the top 50.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:35

cheers
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Wagner will be back to be honest. I looked at ESPN Top 100 today and he's barely in the top 50.

He tried to go last year.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:35

LooseGoose wrote:I feel as though a burden has been lifted.

I don't get worked up about sports anymore. But this shit had me gripping. If they won it would have insufferable.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:35

All is right in the world again.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:36

Nordic wrote:

I don't get worked up about sports anymore. But this shit had me gripping. If they won it would have insufferable.

Same. I shook off our loss to Cuse. This would've been fucking depressing though.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:37

...and an ass kicking to boot. OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER. 1494614055
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:38

The fact they lost by that margin also strengthens my trash talk that they were the beneficiaries of other teams doing the heavy lifting.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Wagner will be back to be honest. I looked at ESPN Top 100 today and he's barely in the top 50.

I think he will too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:39

Nordic wrote:

Honestly, I'm almost there too.  But this shit had me fucking depressed.  I was grippin.  And it's not from my uofm grad brother, or my neighbor, or any number of fucking uofm grads, but it's the fucking fringe fan that is just obnoxious as hell.  I'm soo glad it's over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:40

Walmarter at work offered to bet $10 straight-up. Turned him down because I'd have felt guilty taking his money.

Justice has prevailed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:40

Clarett's Folly wrote:The fact they lost by that margin also strengthens my trash talk that they were the beneficiaries of other teams doing the heavy lifting.

Yeah, remember how pissed people were they didn't get Detroit?  Well, the joke was on us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:44

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:The fact they lost by that margin also strengthens my trash talk that they were the beneficiaries of other teams doing the heavy lifting.

Yeah, remember how pissed people were they didn't get Detroit?  Well, the joke was on us.

Yep. That could've been us having the train run on us by Villanova tonight.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:47

Anyone who lives within 30 miles of Detroit knows. Thank you baby jebus, you have risen.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:47

steveschneider wrote:

I think he will too.

I hope that fucker comes back so we can beat his ass.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Anyone who lives within 30 miles of Detroit knows. Thank you baby jebus, you have risen.

75, bruh. It's not exactly a safe haven out here.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:49

Plus, scum has an early lead, which means, for awhile, walvie fans thought they had it. Then they didn’t. Hahahahahahaha!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:49

Clarett's Folly wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Anyone who lives within 30 miles of Detroit knows. Thank you baby jebus, you have risen.

I hear you. But man that shit is Switzerland compared to being down here.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:53

Listen I'm just gonna shoot straight now that the jinx is off the table.

I have a lot of admiration for their team, and Coach Beilein. or however the fuck you spell it. I have a hard time even hating Wagner. He showboats but I would LOVE to have someone on our team with half of his competitive fire. He's a great college player and actually seems like a good kid. They had a great run, one that was no doubt aided in a huge manner by their path - but you can't blame them for that. They beat who was in front of them until they ran into a better team. Good for them.

Their fans however can suck my fat fucking dick and go fuck themselves in the anus with a red hot poker. fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck you fuck you you stupid college dropout piece of shit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:53

I'm quadruple billing my gaudiest Spartan gear tomorrow with a big grin on my face.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:57

They’ve won two final four games in the last five years and we’ve won one in 18.

Let’s not go nuts. The committee handed this to them (or UNC) and all that, but they have plenty of shit to hang over our heads at this point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Listen I'm just gonna shoot straight now that the jinx is off the table.

I have a lot of admiration for their team, and Coach Beilein. or however the fuck you spell it. I have a hard time even hating Wagner. He showboats but I would LOVE to have someone on our team with half of his competitive fire. He's a great college player and actually seems like a good kid. They had a great run, one that was no doubt aided in a huge manner by their path - but you can't blame them for that. They beat who was in front of them until they ran into a better team. Good for them.

Their fans however can suck my fat fucking dick and go fuck themselves in the anus with a red hot poker. fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck you fuck you you stupid college dropout piece of shit.

Sorry man, but B__________ has a "clunk shit" offense.

maize-blue

MGoPoints: 29696

This clunk shit offense is finally going to bite us. They arent going to magically start splashing 3s. Too much evidence to know better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 23:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I hear you. But man that shit is Switzerland compared to being down here.

Yeah, my kids were like 15 and 12 in BWW's and two fat thirty year old women started bitching at them because they were wearing Spartan gear.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:01

Oh they're just going to go back to Larry Nassar smack.

Ok I need to lay this bitch out for a second. I have a friend who I am currently trying to distance myself from a bit - lifelong friend - who is a big non alum UM slap. Worst kid of fan. In many respects worst kind of human on social media.

So on my Twitter account, while I was away this weekend having fun with my son and my buddy, not watching the game, I caught wind of the Loyola score, and, being a good beer drinking dude, posted on my twitter account that I was displeased. No reference to as to what or why.

Guy replies to me directly telling me I'm too hateful and that happiness "trumps" my displeasure. Then he logs into his burner account - of which he has many, because he has been banned/suspended from Twitter so many times for his hateful rhetoric - that I need to get beyond the hate.

I clicked on the account to be sure that it was him and looked at his last tweets - and the very tweet the fucker had, previous to the one he sent to me telling me to stop hating, was a reply to a former basketball player of ours invoking the Nassar situation in response to some kind of hoops tweet.

FUCK YOU
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Listen I'm just gonna shoot straight now that the jinx is off the table.

Their fans however can suck my fat fucking dick and go fuck themselves in the anus with a red hot poker. fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck you fuck  you you stupid college dropout piece of shit.

You have a fat dick?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They’ve won two final four games in the last five years and we’ve won one in 18.

Let’s not go nuts. The committee handed this to them (or UNC) and all that, but they have plenty of shit to hang over our heads at this point.

Hmmm... No.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:04

DWags wrote:

Their fans however can suck my fat fucking dick and go fuck themselves in the anus with a red hot poker. fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck you fuck  you you stupid college dropout piece of shit.

You have a fat dick?

Hahaha! That was my takeaway too.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:05

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They’ve won two final four games in the last five years and we’ve won one in 18.

Hmmm... No.
Yeah you can say that but not really. What do we have over them at this point? Final fours from a decade ago? Come on. 

We need to expect more if we want to be the undisputed “we’re better than you” again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Hmmm... No.
Yeah you can say that but not really. What do we have over them at this point? Final fours from a decade ago? Come on. 

We need to expect more if we want to be the undisputed “we’re better than you” again.

Here's the thing, though. I've come to accept that trash talk needs no basis in reality, logic, or consistently applied rules. It's reactionary and in-the-moment. Just like I was annoyed by the UM fans after our Rose Bowl who said "call us when you win six more (or whatever the number was)," despite the fact that their most recent Rose Bowl victory came in a year that began with a 19, I can be that annoying fan rejoicing in my rival's failure.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:18

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Here's the thing, though. I've come to accept that trash talk needs no basis in reality, logic, or consistently applied rules. It's reactionary and in-the-moment. Just like I was annoyed by the UM fans after our Rose Bowl who said "call us when you win six more (or whatever the number was)," despite the fact that their most recent Rose Bowl victory came in a year that began with a 19, I can be that annoying fan rejoicing in my rival's failure.
Yeah fine but it’s flipsy flopsy now. You’re the one talking about shit from a decade ago and they’re the one talking about what they’ve done lately. Realistically this is the second time I’ve tightened my asshole about them winning one game for a National championship since the last time we’ve done the same. That’s not nothing and you have to accept it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:19

Travis will be at the helm of the newly formed demand excellence faction here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:21

LooseGoose wrote:Travis will be at the helm of the newly formed demand excellence faction here.
Nah I’m not that but I think it’s ludicrous to still play this “oh we’re so much better at basketball and they’re a fluke” game. That was fine after 1 random run. But now you have to face it- at best we have competition and they are probably winning.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:23

LooseGoose wrote:Travis will be at the helm of the newly formed demand excellence faction here.
Nah I’m not that but I think it’s ludicrous to still play this “oh we’re so much better at basketball and they’re a fluke” game. That was fine after 1 random run. But now you have to face it- at best we have competition and they are probably winning.

I fully admit that just as they should fully admit the same in football. To do otherwise would be ludicrous. That said... They choked the shit outta that game tonight.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:24

Quit being a blue and raining on my thread.  

Fuck Michigan, and fuck the blues on this board.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:25

Agreed. They've had a better short term run in BB, and we have in FB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:26

Yep. Big Bielein fan. I think most MSU fans feel the same. He has figured out how to play D with the way refs call games. And we'd love to have Wagner on our team. Or Trey Burke. Or Walton. I made the mistake of rooting for them in 2013. Then the made the finals... never again.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:28

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I fully admit that just as they should fully admit the same in football. To do otherwise would be ludicrous. That said... They choked the shit outta that game tonight.
Lol oddly I had that conversation with my um alum sister yesterday. It’s a you had to be there but she brought up basketball so I brought up football and she went silent for a minute not expecting that and admitting that we have the advantage there. You just talk to the wrong Michigan fans.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next