Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996

+7
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Heat Miser
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996 Empty Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996

Post by DWags Thu 10 May 2018 - 0:48

Detroit news found out. Case was dropped. Victim got cold feet.

News finds stuff Lions didn’t.

Last edited by DWags on Thu 10 May 2018 - 6:36; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996 Empty Re: Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2018 - 1:34

Obviously someone tipped the News. That's pretty rough though. 22 years ago and no way to resolve it either way. He can't be convicted or clear his name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996 Empty Re: Welp, Matt Patricia was indicted on a sexual assault charge in 1996

Post by Heat Miser Thu 10 May 2018 - 13:40

LooseGoose wrote:Obviously someone tipped the News. That's pretty rough though. 22 years ago and no way to resolve it either way. He can't be convicted or clear his name.

The most interesting point to me is that this is news to the Lions. Which means they didn't do a proper background check on a multi-million dollar personal decision. That is indicative of why the Lions are the Lions.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2018 - 14:07

Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Obviously someone tipped the News. That's pretty rough though. 22 years ago and no way to resolve it either way. He can't be convicted or clear his name.

The most interesting point to me is that this is news to the Lions. Which means they didn't do a proper background check on a multi-million dollar personal decision. That is indicative of why the Lions are the Lions.

A meager defense is that the Patriots didn't know either.....but then again they originally hired him at a pretty low level not as head coach so your point is still pretty valid. I'd be calling the background checking firm today....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 10 May 2018 - 14:16

Heat Miser wrote:

It's not like this is his first job making tons of money

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/28/nfl-matt-patricia-bill-belichick-patriots-defense
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 10 May 2018 - 17:12

Interesting take on the Valenti show...a firm in NJ found the info on Patricia. Very likely it was the Giants and they also passed on him as a coach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 10 May 2018 - 17:26

Lions didn't dig deep enough on their background check and the fact Lion's president was surprised at the story confirms it.

Patrica was 21 when he was indicted. He was poorly advised by people close to him and by his current agent and/or legal advisors if they didn't know about this or advised him after he signed the Lions contract.

I don't buy the it was 22 years ago business. I was involved and taken into custody after a bar room fight when I was in the USN and I can still remember that day and evening. May be a case of Patrica incorrectly figuring this would be behind him. LexisNexis never forgets digitized records even if people involved in the indictment memory fades.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 10 May 2018 - 17:29

I don't really care about Matt Patricia but I did see an interesting comment elsewhere that I agree with. All that needs to happen now is for the woman who was the alleged victim to come forward with her story and true or not, Patricia will be out of a job.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2018 - 17:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really care about Matt Patricia but I did see an interesting comment elsewhere that I agree with. All that needs to happen now is for the woman who was the alleged victim to come forward with her story and true or not, Patricia will be out of a job.

I think you're right though the newspaper stories said she never responded to any of their inquiries. The protestations of innocence may piss her off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 May 2018 - 18:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really care about Matt Patricia but I did see an interesting comment elsewhere that I agree with. All that needs to happen now is for the woman who was the alleged victim to come forward with her story and true or not, Patricia will be out of a job.

Had this general discussion with my wife a couple days ago. One popular phrase out there right now is speak your truth. But what happens when your truth isn’t the truth?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 10 May 2018 - 18:33

One observation, can't believe the melt down I've seen over social media and from callers on Valenti's show over the papers printing this story.

It's a valid story, sorry it's inconvenient news about our home state football team. Also, I predict this whole thing blows over in a few weeks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 10 May 2018 - 19:19

Is this even a blip on the radar of NFL code of conduct policy.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 10 May 2018 - 19:28

steveschneider wrote:One observation, can't believe the melt down I've seen over social media and from callers on Valenti's show over the papers printing this story.

It's a valid story, sorry it's inconvenient news about our home state football team. Also, I predict this whole thing blows over in a few weeks.

Same. I pointed out on a Lions page that I hoped it was untrue but the cloud of uncertainty would always be there and got a bunch of "innocent until proven guilty" and "he said it was untrue, what more do you need." My mistake from venturing away from the Swill.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 10 May 2018 - 19:45

I’m guessing some of the same lions fans who are defending him have called in to 97.1 about Dantonio and Izzo and have crucified them. Just a guess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 10 May 2018 - 19:57

DWags wrote:I’m guessing some of the same lions fans who are defending him have called in to 97.1 about Dantonio and Izzo and have crucified them. Just a guess.

Guaranteed.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 10 May 2018 - 20:02

I seems weird to me that she didn't want to testify. I guess everyone has their reasons. But we're talking about RPI football players. That's like real low profile. We're not talking bama or something.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 10 May 2018 - 20:03

Dwags wrote:I’m guessing some of the same lions fans who are defending him have called in to 97.1 about Dantonio and Izzo and have crucified them. Just a guess.

I would bet Floyd Robertson's life on it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 10 May 2018 - 20:32

kingstonlake wrote:Is this even a blip on the radar of NFL code of conduct policy.....

They're looking into it.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 10 May 2018 - 22:03

Lead story on nfl live tonight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 10 May 2018 - 22:43

Can the Fords just please sell the fucking franchise. Mother fucking doomed. If you don't believe in curses, this has to change your mind.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 11 May 2018 - 2:04

boring
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 11 May 2018 - 11:00

Harbaugh played Ray McDonald just about the entire season until his team was out of playoff contention.

Ray Rice was defended by his coaches and ownership. Plenty of players around the league have histories of domestic violence. Frank Clark was drafted by the Seahawks despite his well documented history. Pretty crazy that a bunch of allegations from well over 20+ years are put under such a microscope when we should probably be examining more current issues and problems with the NFL.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down