Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection

+2
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
6 posters

Go down

Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection Empty Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 15 May 2018 - 20:05

How many of you have heard of this guy?

I'm old so maybe some of you youngsters have but his name is new to me. I had been hearing it recently and that he just released a new album that is apparently gaining in popularity. So I heard he was from Detroit and I decided to scope out his bio. He comes from a, uhh....rough upbringing.

Wallace was born on March 24, 1994 in Detroit, Michigan, and was raised by his grandmother in the Joy Road area of West Detroit due to his mother and father constantly being in and out of prison.[1] In middle school he began developing an interest in rap music and eventually formed the musical group All Stars Ball Hard along with three of his friends, JR, Po, and Lee. Wallace took the moniker of ASBH Tee, and they began uploading their songs to YouTube.[1] In 2011, his mother was sentenced to 15 years in prison for drug trafficking. His father was murdered in 2012.

So then I kept reading to find out that this hardcore dude from the hood somehow got accepted to and attended MSU. Then I kept reading.....

Wallace was the first member of his family to attend college in generations, and attended Michigan State University to study finance and accounting, but, after going broke, he and a friend began robbing other dormitories, and stole $20,000 worth of electronics and money from other students in February 2014. On February 27, Wallace and Jeremy Ford were apprehended but released pending investigation. Wallace went on the run, and fled to Kentucky, where, on July 1, 2014, Wallace was one of three people arrested following an attempted robbery at a jewelry store in Lexington, Kentucky.[3][4] Wallace was sentenced to nine months for the robbery, and, while already serving that sentence, he was sentenced to 18 months to 15 years for the Michigan State robberies in September 2015.[5] On October 16, 2016, he was released from Jackson State Prison in Michigan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tee_Grizzley

Was anyone here aware of this story? Kinda crazy...

Then there's this. Just watch the first minute or so. Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection 502811600 Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection 502811600

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection Empty Re: Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2018 - 20:15

I'm very proud of Mr. Grizzley trying to make things right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection Empty Re: Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 15 May 2018 - 20:31

He's alright. 96.5 plays his stuff all the time

Mentions MSU and Hubbard in the main song i've heard

Last edited by Tim Wakefield on Tue 15 May 2018 - 21:17; edited 1 time in total
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 15 May 2018 - 21:00

T-Grizz is a storyteller who could be mentioned in the same breath as Dylan, Chapin, and Springsteen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 15 May 2018 - 21:10

Yes I have heard

1:15 of this video

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Wed 16 May 2018 - 17:00

Personally, I think he's a garbage rapper. Fits in well with the current crop.

His story is great though, glad he turned his life around and is trying to make things right.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 16 May 2018 - 17:55

StylesGShmooth wrote:Personally, I think he's a garbage rapper. Fits in well with the current crop.

His story is great though, glad he turned his life around and is trying to make things right.

Kind of a step 1 in getting things right. I hope it pays off for him as reenforcement.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 May 2018 - 18:10

StylesGShmooth wrote:Personally, I think he's a garbage rapper. Fits in well with the current crop.

Tee Grizzley - Detroit rapper with MSU connection 502811600 Styles is turning into a grumpy old man. You kids get off my lawn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 13 May 2021 - 9:53

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Yes I have heard

1:15 of this video

Bump. Heard this song yesterday. Wasn't really paying attention and then I hear "After Michigan State..." scratch

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 13 May 2021 - 12:25

Odd, I just heard that song last week too out of nowhere
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down