Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years

+7
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
steveschneider
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years  Empty Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years

Post by DWags 2019-11-07, 11:41

Might just workout.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years  Empty Re: Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-07, 11:53

Great news. I've always enjoyed their brews. I passed up their products last two trips to the grocery store but I'm happy to buy a case of their beer next time out to the store.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years  Empty Re: Founders will open in Detroit again early 2020. Will give 100% of profit to Detroit charities for two years

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-07, 11:55

DWags wrote:Might just workout.

100% of "profit" from the Detroit location only I'm assuming.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-07, 11:59

pretty cool. Good first step.

hopefully the outrage culture will settle down now. I'm sure it's been a thing at various stores/bars, but I was in the liquor store by El Azteco the day of the Penn State game and they had a sign on the cooler saying they had removed all Founder's beers from their store. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-07, 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty cool. Good first step.

hopefully the outrage culture will settle down now. I'm sure it's been a thing at various stores/bars, but I was in the liquor store by El Azteco the day of the Penn State game and they had a sign on the cooler saying they had removed all Founder's beers from their store. Rolling Eyes

Frankly, Bob, I'm a little shocked that you're on the side of the racist brewery here.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-11-07, 13:34

Long story condensed;  my later father-in-law was a Teamster Union steward all 38 years he was a bread delivery driver and for years the Dutchmen driving for a Dutch owned local bakery would tell him they didn’t need a union, they had profit sharing.  
But the when the time came to replace their fleet of delivery trucks and needed new automated ovens and packaging machines there was no profit.  But the owner and family kept getting new vehicles, bought bigger vacation homes etc.

Donating 100% of profits and profit sharing don’t mean squat if you have purchasing departments and accountants who can make those profits legally vaporize
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-11-07, 13:51

GRR Spartan wrote:

Long story condensed;  my later father-in-law was a Teamster Union steward all 38 years he was a bread delivery driver and for years the Dutchmen driving for a Dutch owned local bakery would tell him they didn’t need a union, they had profit sharing.  
But the when the time came to replace their fleet of delivery trucks and needed new automated ovens and packaging machines there was no profit.  But the owner and family kept getting new vehicles, bought bigger vacation homes etc.

Donating 100% of profits and profit sharing don’t mean squat if you have purchasing departments and accountants who can make those profits legally vaporize
This is true, I guess it would depend on how they do it. They could hire a 3rd party auditing company to be transparent to the city of Detroit. Is this just a restaurant/brewery? If they brew there and distribute from there, that is a lot more profitable than a bar. If this is just a restaurant that is going to donate its profit, they probably won't even survive.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-07, 14:20

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty cool. Good first step.

hopefully the outrage culture will settle down now. I'm sure it's been a thing at various stores/bars, but I was in the liquor store by El Azteco the day of the Penn State game and they had a sign on the cooler saying they had removed all Founder's beers from their store.  Rolling Eyes

Frankly, Bob, I'm a little shocked that you're on the side of the racist brewery here.
Really? That's weird.. I completely support people's right to be racist.

and, as such, I'm all for people choosing not to support them. When stores/bars, etc. make that choice for the public, they're doing a disservice to society as a whole.

I like knowing who people are so we can make an informed decision.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-07, 14:28

GRR Spartan wrote:

fuckin cheap ass fake religious dutch pieces of shit
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-07, 14:35

Just want it to be noted for the record that this weekend when I watch MSU kick some ass my beverage of choice make it Founders.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-07, 14:36

Banks2Mason wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I dare you to say that in downtown Holland. Uh huh. Thought so.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-07, 14:52

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

i'd rather visit Demascus
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-07, 14:58

The Dutch neighbors on the west side are pretty viscous. I secretly call them Dutch Deformed. Not that I pay close attention cause I’m usually drunk, but it seems to me they use their religion to be mean to you or not socialize with you. Does anyone know if Dutch reformed look down on their children for dating outside of Dutch Reformed?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-07, 15:09

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

i'd rather visit Demascus

Understandable. You’d rather take a mortar round than a wooden shoe to the head. Good call.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-07, 15:09

DWags wrote:The Dutch neighbors on the west side are pretty viscous. I secretly call them Dutch Deformed. Not that I pay close attention cause I’m usually drunk, but it seems to me they use their religion to be mean to you or not socialize with you. Does anyone know if Dutch reformed look down on their children for dating outside of Dutch Reformed?

If you ain’t Dutch, you ain’t much.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-11-07, 15:17

Dutch are pretty bad. Racist, etc.

Look only to the DeVos family. Made billions off a pyramid scheme so they could kill off public education to make everyone NOT in a (Dutch Reformed) private school dumber for their benefit. (lower taxes for their 5th yacht, produce cheaper labor and dumb populace for the lower levels of their pyramid scheme.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-07, 15:19

Speaking of the Dutch, I like that new band Mooon with three o's. They kick ass.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-07, 15:20

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Dutch are pretty bad. Racist, etc.

Look only to the DeVos family. Made billions off a pyramid scheme so they could kill off public education to make everyone NOT in a (Dutch Reformed) private school dumber for their benefit. (lower taxes for their 5th yacht, produce cheaper labor and dumb populace for the lower levels of their pyramid scheme.)

have you heard their new scheme? they want to dredge the Grand River from Lake Michigan to GR so they can, no shit, get their yachts from the lake to the city. i'm sure that won't have any devastating environmental impacts.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-11-07, 15:24

Banks2Mason wrote:
have you heard their new scheme? they want to dredge the Grand River from Lake Michigan to GR so they can, no shit, get their yachts from the lake to the city. i'm sure that won't have any devastating environmental impacts.

To be fair... they are BETTER than the rest of us (since they were born into wealth), so we should let them probably do that with our public waterway.

VOTE REPUBLICAN!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-11-07, 15:56

DWags wrote:The Dutch neighbors on the west side are pretty viscous. I secretly call them Dutch Deformed. Not that I pay close attention cause I’m usually drunk, but it seems to me they use their religion to be mean to you or not socialize with you. Does anyone know if Dutch reformed look down on their children for dating outside of Dutch Reformed?

That rule still holds. They also aren't supposed to own TV's are supposed to be self-insured relying on the church for health insurance and church twice a Sunday.

When two Hope College alums who handled the employee's law suit like they werewearing boxing gloves at a knitting competition say they'll donate 100% of the profits its hardly like both saying they will donate 10% of the salaries which can be found out in a review of the books.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-11-07, 19:32

I had no idea I was a racist. Anyway....

Anyone want any Acia Berry powder? I can get it to you for 5% off a 2-yr subscription if you sign up 10 of your friends.

Tell 'em Nordic sent ya.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-07, 20:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

To be fair... they are BETTER than the rest of us (since they were born into wealth), so we should let them probably do that with our public waterway.

VOTE REPUBLICAN!

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-07, 21:55

Nordic wrote:I had no idea I was a racist. Anyway....

Anyone want any Acia Berry powder? I can get it to you for 5% off a 2-yr subscription if you sign up 10 of your friends.

Tell 'em Nordic sent ya.

I got a good chunk of Dutch blood in me and was always proud of how liberal the home land is. They put fingers in dykes, smoke pot and have a world famous red light district.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-08, 03:00

Putting a finger in who? WTF are you saying Steve?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-08, 08:13

DWags wrote:Putting a finger in who? WTF are you saying Steve?

Just trying to say I think the European Dutch are a pretty open minded group. Those of us that ended up in Michigan probably got kicked out for good reason.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-11-08, 08:24

tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah... they kind of ruined that phrase.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-11-08, 08:32

Tell 'em Nordic sent ya.

I'm not really racist (wait "dutch" isn't a race)... uh, I suppose more xenaphobic against dutch in west Michigan. And it's really not well founded in fact (other then the high profile obvious douchbags) and the fact that they vote like Alabama after a clan rally... But much of it is from second hand sources of people from Holland and GR who told stories of growing up the with right wing dutch.

I'm just a moron. If you haven't figured it out, you probably shouldn't listen to me... in fact just don't read any of my posts. Thanks in advance.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-08, 09:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Tell 'em Nordic sent ya.

I'm not really racist (wait "dutch" isn't a race)... uh, I suppose more xenaphobic against dutch in west Michigan. And it's really not well founded in fact (other then the high profile obvious douchbags) and the fact that they vote like Alabama after a clan rally... But much of it is from second hand sources of people from Holland and GR who told stories of growing up the with right wing dutch.

I'm just a moron. If you haven't figured it out, you probably shouldn't listen to me... in fact just don't read any of my posts. Thanks in advance.

you're not wrong. having spent the last 7 years in west michigan, after spending most of my life in the comparatively socialist utopia of the lansing area, it's fairly obvious. they are, however, much less "open" about it than they used to be. for example, embracing the brewery trend like no other place in america. they're also much more "tolerant" of LGBT, etc. the bottom line is that they worship money over everything.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down