Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN: MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title"

+5
Ass Dan
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
He Got It!
Giant Moose
9 posters

Go down

ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" Empty ESPN: MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title"

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-21, 13:36

Insider article, but the part that I could read is awesome. Plus we're on the front page of the college football section of ESPN.com right now, too.

After reviewing the game tape, metrics and recruiting gains, it looks like Michigan State's chances are extremely good to again take the conference title.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10815772/michigan-state-spartans-repeat-big-ten-champs-college-football
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" Empty Re: ESPN: MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title"

Post by He Got It! 2014-04-21, 13:58

"The past few seasons have arguably been the golden age of Michigan State Spartans football. The club is coming off a campaign where it became only the third team in Big Ten history to post 13 wins (Minnesota, 1904; Ohio State, 2002) and the first program to win all eight conference games by double-digit points since the league went to an eight-game schedule in 1971. The Green and White have posted 42 victories since 2010, a mark that is the most in the Big Ten during that period.
One sure way to clinch the golden-age mantle would be to post consecutive Big Ten titles for only the second time in school history. So what are the odds the Spartans can do that despite losing 10 starters, including two dominant linebackers (Denicos Allen and Max Bullough) and the Jim Thorpe Award winner for best defensive back in college football (Darqueze Dennard)?

After reviewing the game tape, metrics and recruiting gains, it looks like Michigan State's chances are extremely good to again take the conference title.

Offense

The Spartans are still going to be a defense-centric team, but the collection of talent on offense is more than strong enough to carry its share of the load in 2014.

It starts with quarterback Connor Cook. He progressed quite well last year, as from November through the end of the season, Cook posted a 73.3 Adjusted Total QBR mark that ranked second in the Big Ten in that time frame. Adjusted Total QBR factors in strength of schedule and thus indicates Cook was highly effective even when accounting for the quality of opponent. Coach Mark Dantonio indicated that part of Cook's success is because "He doesn't overthink things. He can let the negative go."
He Got It!
He Got It!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" Empty Re: ESPN: MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title"

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-21, 14:11

He Got It! wrote:"The past few seasons have arguably been the golden age of Michigan State Spartans football. The club is coming off a campaign where it became only the third team in Big Ten history to post 13 wins (Minnesota, 1904; Ohio State, 2002) and the first program to win all eight conference games by double-digit points since the league went to an eight-game schedule in 1971. The Green and White have posted 42 victories since 2010, a mark that is the most in the Big Ten during that period.
One sure way to clinch the golden-age mantle would be to post consecutive Big Ten titles for only the second time in school history. So what are the odds the Spartans can do that despite losing 10 starters, including two dominant linebackers (Denicos Allen and Max Bullough) and the Jim Thorpe Award winner for best defensive back in college football (Darqueze Dennard)?

Offense

The Spartans are still going to be a defense-centric team, but the collection of talent on offense is more than strong enough to carry its share of the load in 2014.

It starts with quarterback Connor Cook. He progressed quite well last year, as from November through the end of the season, Cook posted a 73.3 Adjusted Total QBR mark that ranked second in the Big Ten in that time frame. Adjusted Total QBR factors in strength of schedule and thus indicates Cook was highly effective even when accounting for the quality of opponent. Coach Mark Dantonio indicated that part of Cook's success is because "He doesn't overthink things. He can let the negative go."

I've been here for six days and stil haven't figured out which is the boner smiley, but that's what I'd be posting right now in lieu of these words.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-21, 14:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I've been here for six days and stil haven't figured out which is the boner smiley, but that's what I'd be posting right now in lieu of these words.

Pick one from here.

EDIT: Nevermind. This one made me laugh out loud ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 137731615

And I added a fapper too ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3434560931

Last edited by Heat Miser on 2014-04-21, 14:27; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-21, 14:25

Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Pick one from here.

ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" Boner

Wink 
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-04-21, 16:48

Are we allowed to post the entire article? Can someone do that, I'm not paying for espn insider
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-21, 18:18

Great article.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-21, 18:28

Ass Dan wrote:Are we allowed to post the entire article? Can someone do that, I'm not paying for espn insider

No, that's not allowed. Even here.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-21, 18:29

Heat Miser wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:Are we allowed to post the entire article? Can someone do that, I'm not paying for espn insider

No, that's not allowed. Even here.

So that's what "warez" is!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-21, 20:11

Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Pick one from here.

EDIT: Nevermind. This one made me laugh out loud ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 137731615

And I added a fapper too ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3434560931

Holy shit. this place can't get any better. Boner alert!!!!! I love it
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-04-21, 21:07

Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Pick one from here.

ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" Tumblr_lwsb2bdpQ41qht847
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by green night 2014-04-21, 21:32

ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3557613862 

I'm getting on this shit!  ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3557613862 ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3557613862 ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3557613862 ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3557613862 ESPN:  MSU football's "chances are extremely good to again take the conference title" 3557613862 
green night
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down