Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good riddance ESPN

+10
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
tGreenWay
StylesGShmooth
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
aualum06
MSU addict
Pervis Muldoon
DWags
14 posters

Go down

Good riddance ESPN Empty Good riddance ESPN

Post by DWags 2023-03-04, 16:05

And a hidie-hey fuck you goodbye

[tw]1632052415200411650?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good riddance ESPN Empty Re: Good riddance ESPN

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-03-04, 16:19

I've never been a big Hummel fan, but the way he honored the occasion with twenty minutes of silence was pretty classy.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-03-04, 16:41

I believe we could have a non conference away game on ESPN.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-03-04, 16:46

MSU addict wrote:I believe we could have a non conference away game on ESPN.

Yeah that's a bad tweet. Champions classic will still be on ESPN too
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-03-04, 16:54

No more dickie. I'm good. Can they take gus too?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-03-04, 17:12

Don’t think anything or anyone is safe at ESPN with Robert Ger back calling the shots and tightening the belt.

Somewhere along the line they went from broadcasting games and reporting on games to creating and their commentators being the news.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2023-03-06, 19:18

I'm not sure why everyone thinks there's a great deal of difference between ESPN and the other sports networks. Everyone will be on here doing all the same complaining as before just different names.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-06, 19:26

aualum06 wrote:
MSU addict wrote:I believe we could have a non conference away game on ESPN.

Yeah that's a bad tweet. Champions classic will still be on ESPN too

There are no bad tweets, just bad tweeters. Oh wait, that’s about dogs and their owners.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-06, 19:28

StylesGShmooth wrote:I'm not sure why everyone thinks there's a great deal of difference between ESPN and the other sports networks. Everyone will be on here doing all the same complaining as before just different names.

They both cater to the Michigan brand. One of them conflated Izzo and Dantonio’s picture with Nassar and did a purposeful hit piece because of an old FOIA argument. Fuck them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, MiamiSpartan and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-06, 19:29

StylesGShmooth wrote:I'm not sure why everyone thinks there's a great deal of difference between ESPN and the other sports networks. Everyone will be on here doing all the same complaining as before just different names.

Aside from a lack of 4k, I pretty much agree with this. Of course, there’s always the obvious pro-umaa slant from all of their talking heads, so now that I think about it; fuck ‘em.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-03-06, 21:46

Besides the Nassar shit, I don't have the hate others do for ESPN.

Sportscenter was a staple back in the 90s. There wasn't sports info crawling out of every orifice like there is now. You couldnt just check your phone for scores and highlights. You either read the paper or watched Sportscenter. It ran on loop back in the day. There was no talking head shows. Pretty sure our 28" tube tv only had two channels in college; Sportscenter and Sega Hockey.

They also made college football what it is today broadcasting countless games over multiple channels. Now you can watch any damn game you want (other networks caught on). That was not the case before ESPN started broadcasting multiple games. Thursday Night college football was awesome before the NFL stole it. ESPN set the stage for expanded CF coverage as we know it.

I haven't wached Sportscenter in years. There are countless better ways to get scores and highlights. But still watch for college football coverage. I really don't GAF what their talking head shows say. And as noted above, networks are going to cater/have bias to their conference affiliations. In my opinion the BIG media rights sets them up for broader exposure than the SEC in the longterm.

TL;DR As long as they show college football, I'll watch.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-03-07, 09:42

Nordic wrote:

Sportscenter was a staple back in the 90s. There wasn't sports info crawling out of every orifice like there is now. You couldnt just check your phone for scores and highlights. You either read the paper or watched Sportscenter. It ran on loop back in the day. There was no talking head shows. Pretty sure our 28" tube tv only had two channels in college; Sportscenter and Sega Hockey.

They also made college football what it is today broadcasting countless games over multiple channels. Now you can watch any damn game you want (other networks caught on). That was not the case before ESPN started broadcasting multiple games. Thursday Night college football was awesome before the NFL stole it. ESPN set the stage for expanded CF coverage as we know it.

I haven't wached Sportscenter in years. There are countless better ways to get scores and highlights. But still watch for college football coverage. I really don't GAF what their talking head shows say. And as noted above, networks are going to cater/have bias to their conference affiliations. In my opinion the BIG media rights sets them up for broader exposure than the SEC in the longterm.

While I agree with all of this right down to ESPN and Sega Hockey being the only channels in college, they've really fallen hard. Beyond the Paula Lavigne shit, I guess I harbor some ill feelings toward them in general for turning their back on what they were, and instead prioritizing "personalities" and trolls/shock jocks, over actual quality sportscasters.

I suppose Fox Sports has that, too, but maybe it's how great ESPN used to be, combined with the Nassar shit, that makes me resent what they are now more than others.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-07, 10:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

While I agree with all of this right down to ESPN and Sega Hockey being the only channels in college, they've really fallen hard. Beyond the Paula Lavigne shit, I guess I harbor some ill feelings toward them in general for turning their back on what they were, and instead prioritizing "personalities" and trolls/shock jocks, over actual quality sportscasters.

I suppose Fox Sports has that, too, but maybe it's how great ESPN used to be, combined with the Nassar shit, that makes me resent what they are now more than others.

Let me just sum this up. These sports channels are the crack dealer and I am the crack addict. I hate them, but Lord knows I need them. When people said they stopped watching ESPN, etc. after the hit article on dantonio and Izzo I said there is no way they are telling the truth.

I’m an addic, they are my source. I can’t help myself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-03-07, 12:47

Good riddance ESPN 1486952199
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-07, 15:04

Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg are big Izzo guys. Will miss them doing games.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-08, 03:22

Good riddance ESPN 502811600 this was the graphic on ESPN. Regarding Gonzaga The talking head said “only Kansas and North Carolina have longer active NCAA streaks. “
Come on.   Seriously?  I mean they technically aren’t wrong at the moment.  Good bye ESPN

Good riddance ESPN 6990b710
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ADedicatedSpartan 2023-03-08, 11:30

I'm for one glad The Big Ten is off of ESPN. Especially in football, the announcers are not good. The disrespect they give us (the wrong spelling, the slander). Yes, Bilis is good and so is Greenberg but they only do our games once a year. if any. Also, Hummel is also with BTN and FOX so we will get them still. Only if we didn't Klatt and Gus.
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-08, 11:33

DWags wrote:Good riddance ESPN 502811600 this was the graphic on ESPN. Regarding Gonzaga  The talking head said “only Kansas and North Carolina have longer active NCAA streaks. “
Come on.   Seriously?  I mean they technically aren’t wrong at the moment.  Good bye ESPN

Since the NCAA brackets have not been set, and since MSU is almost certainly part of the field of 68, MSU should ether be listed as 25, or Gonzaga should be listed as 23.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down