Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time?

+12
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
16 posters

Go down

Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time? Empty Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time?

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-11, 05:32

Never. Isn't this show broadcast by CBS? And if so, why?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time? Empty Re: Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-11, 05:46

This one has always puzzled me, too. One the one hand, it's cheap TV for the network to produce. On the other, it's a limited audience because you basically have to live there to give a shit. At least people everywhere can go see the movies that are up for Oscars.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time? Empty Re: Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time?

Post by DWags 2018-06-11, 06:00

So I’m at my nephews graduation Saturday and the guest speaker is Foster Sutton. Or maybe it was Sutton Foster. Anyway the Troy high school grad is currently staring in a show called “younger” and is a “two time Tony award winner”. So when I saw the Tony’s on last night I thought “hey”, but that’s all. I didn’t watch but I did think about them for a second. Her speech was kind of good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 07:32

kingstonlake wrote:Never. Isn't this show broadcast by CBS? And if so, why?
I don't know what the Tony Awards are, so you're ahead of me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-11, 07:35

I’ve watched it in the past. When there’s a huge show on Broadway like the producers or the Book of Mormon i will tune in. I thought Deniro was a moron last night and I like him a lot.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-11, 09:55

Its NYC bias for the most part and entertainment for the sophisticates. CBS has been televising  it forever and the CBS execs can tell their neighbors about it. Remember they liked to call themselves the "Tiffany Network" for their highbrow fare. I'm sure it makes money but there's a reason why it's on June. 

Saying Fuck on live TV may be a bold move but not exactly a brave move for that audience. Now if he come out in a MAGA hat and said "let's pray for our President in the negotiations with North Korea" that would have been something.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 10:10

lemme guess..

the pearl clutchers are upset about someone saying the {gasp} f-word on a television show that nobody watches.. while supporting a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women, mocks disabled people and denigrates POW's and Gold Star families?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-11, 10:29

Bob if you can't mock the crippled who can you mock?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 10:30

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Bob if you can't mock the crippled who can you mock?
certain not white 'christians' - they're an insecure little bunch... despite the fact that they're big fans of racism, sexual assault, misogyny and bigotry.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-11, 10:31

I have no idea what this thread is about.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 10:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have no idea what this thread is about.
it started out about the "Tony Awards".. which nobody watches.. and some folks don't even know what it is.

then it turned into people whining about someone who said the "f word" on live TV.. on a show that nobody watches.. and some folks don't even know what it is.

Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-11, 10:39

Now were going to make fun of crippled people
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-06-11, 10:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have no idea what this thread is about.

You just gave it a second of your time!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 10:42

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Now were going to make fun of crippled people
you can do whatever you want..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-11, 10:46

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-06-11, 10:51

No
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 10:56

CORNER BLITZ wrote:No
same.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-11, 10:57

I think there was a joke about it on Seinfeld. Didn't Kramer win one or something?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-11, 11:31

I’m the only one here that has watched the Tony’s. About once year I went to a musical. I HATED musicals until I moved to NYC but It’s a totally different ball game when you lived there.

I saw fiddler on the roof w/ Rosie O’Donnell and Harvey Fierstein. Those two can fucking act, especially Harvey. If you see world class actor live it’s a pretty amazing experience.

I also sat through a 3+ hr Hamlet for Shakespeare in the park. It was tough but I felt like I helped raise my iq a small percentage point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-11, 11:32

steveschneider wrote:I’m the only one here that has watched the Tony’s. About once year I went to a musical. I HATED musicals until I moved to NYC but It’s a totally different ball game when you lived there.

I saw fiddler on the roof w/ Rosie O’Donnell and Harvey Fierstein. Those two can fucking act, especially Harvey. If you see world class actor live it’s a pretty amazing experience.

I also sat through a 3+ hr Hamlet for Shakespeare in the park.  It was tough but I felt like I helped raise my iq a small percentage point.
I've been to some plays/musicals in NYC - yes, incredibly impressive. Just never knew what the Tony's were.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-11, 11:46

Isn't there an award for Canadian tv shows as well? So that would be a competition between three shows about hockey, a couple about beaver ecological studies, and one about the best places for poutine.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-06-11, 12:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:This one has always puzzled me, too. One the one hand, it's cheap TV for the network to produce. On the other, it's a limited audience because you basically have to live there to give a shit. At least people everywhere can go see the movies that are up for Oscars.
On top of that, though, they air it in June, when TV watching is way down. It's re-runs and game shows, so they don't lose a lot by the limited audience. Though I think it did have to compete last night with The Kardashians vs The Wests (as in Kanye) on Celebrity Family Feud, so I can only imagine the viewers burning up their remotes flipping back and forth.

I'm sure the Tony's got people beyond NYC that want to feel high brow when they're around the water coolers the next day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-11, 13:53

I might watch an awards show when they’re passing out EGOTs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-06-11, 17:33

I heard the preview ad and it sounded like it was going to be political so I didn't even bother.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-06-11, 17:41

Sure. If you don’t like live theater, you’re nuts.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-11, 19:31

I still want to see Rochelle Rochelle the Musical.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-11, 19:35

Thanks to this thread I have now given the Tony awards a few seconds of my time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-06-11, 21:18

If you’ve seen the producers and the curb your enthusiasm producers ark it’s way funnier.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-06-11, 22:13

I always thought they were awards for this guy...

Have you ever in the history of your life, gave the Tony awards one second of your time? X_tdy_flashback_tony_danza2_150121.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down