Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+34
SawGreen
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Tim Wakefield
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
aualum06
Nordic
InTenSity
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Senior Dickfist
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
38 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 7 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-30, 17:22

Went out a little while ago to go pick up supplies. Wasn't that bad. -2 and the wind has died down. Hard to believe the high will hit 39 by Saturday and even low temps will stay well above freezing until next Wednesday
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 7 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-30, 17:25

The Pantry wrote:Went out a little while ago to go pick up supplies. Wasn't that bad. -2 and the wind has died down. Hard to believe the high will hit 39 by Saturday and even low temps will stay well above freezing until next Wednesday

I am more worried about the -17 tonight.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-30, 17:31

TheReal_LWS wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Went out a little while ago to go pick up supplies. Wasn't that bad. -2 and the wind has died down. Hard to believe the high will hit 39 by Saturday and even low temps will stay well above freezing until next Wednesday

I am more worried about the -17 tonight.
Why I went out to get stuff today, fearing my vehicle might not start tomorrow.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 17:52

Got down on my knees and thanked the lord this morning when my wife left for her office. I put the groceries from last night on the right back seat of my truck. I never put them on the that side. Always backseat LEFT, my laptop on the floor of the back seat LEFT. Yesterday a car pulled up fairly close to my left side so I put the groceries on the right side back. Well, when she went to the office today, I went to get my appointment book out of my laptop bag. NOT IN THE FUCKING HOUSE! Holy crap, I left that bitch out in the car all night. Ran out to the drive, brought it in. Nothing. I left the office and knew it had been about 90% charged so I figured I was going to the apple store today to fix this mess. Well, because I'm dumb, I put it by a heater vent for half an hour. Thing started up. Holy shit, that was scary.

Post your current weather status - Page 7 Img_1310
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-30, 18:14

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
You'd expect a heated pool in Miami. What are you, 80?

I had no idea you were also such a tightwad. Maybe you should move out of pricey South Florida and head for Gainesville to live more comfortably among the poors.
Nice try, but it's a state law that you need to be on social security in order to own a heater for your pool.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-30, 18:18

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I would love to be swimming with the sharks. I was bummed when we didn’t see any in the Great Barrier Reef. But fuck being by the bull sharks!

Did you see any of these?  Called a maori wrasse and can grow up to 2 meters long.  Not meat eaters but just being in the water with something that weird looking and big would freak me out.  Pic of my daughter diving the Reef on her first cruise gig

Post your current weather status - Page 7 Great_11

Yup! When we went snorkeling, he was the first one to come up. They named him too, and I can’t remember what they called him.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 18:28

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I would love to be swimming with the sharks. I was bummed when we didn’t see any in the Great Barrier Reef. But fuck being by the bull sharks!

Did you see any of these?  Called a maori wrasse and can grow up to 2 meters long.  Not meat eaters but just being in the water with something that weird looking and big would freak me out.  Pic of my daughter diving the Reef on her first cruise gig

See, I think that would be cool getting an up close and personal view of those things. I’d also love to dive with sharks like Frank. My biggest problem would probably be the actual process of scuba diving. Generally speaking, I don’t have claustrophobia, but might have difficulty with it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 18:54

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

See, I think that would be cool getting an up close and personal view of those things. I’d also love to dive with sharks like Frank. My biggest problem would probably be the actual process of scuba diving. Generally speaking, I don’t have claustrophobia, but might have difficulty with it.

I thought scuba diving would be easy. At my age, weight (yes, I'm fat. fuck you lol) and lack of flexibility does make it much harder to do. Dive school was a bitch because you're always get in and out of the pool with lots of weights. The toughest thing in school was taking off your dive vest (the BC) under the water, then putting it back on. Doing that and not drowning.

I asked a couple of instructors why the hell would you ever take off your dive vest. The answer was you never will. The point of doing it is to know you can without panicking. There is no scenario you should face that should cause you to panic. Like I said earlier, lots of practice losing your reg, retrieving it, and putting it back in. Over and over and over. That came in handy on my last dive when I knocked my own reg out reaching up to my nose to equalize pressure lol.

That said, if I can do it, anybody can. But do it while your younger, have more strength, and more flexibility. The more 'zen' you can be, the better. That's what I have to really work on. Being totally calm. But I'm really glad I went thru this. Been a goal for 35 years+

I'll be doing practice dives this summer at some lake near Charlotte where you can just practice on skills. I started off with a shark dive, which was my first ocean dive, and only my 8th dive total in open waters. The other dives were in a quarry, which is actually pretty cool, but there's no boats or currents or getting on or off boats. Just jump in off the dock, which is much easier.

This dive place in Bimini is known all over the world. People from all over the planet. All younger, more fit and more flexible than me. But we met the coolest people. One guy did an open water dive with the great whites in South Africa. He said this hammerhead dive was better.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-01-30, 19:31

The important question.
Are you in Miami?
Where are you watching the game?
Do you want to get a drink?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-30, 20:12

going ice fishing tomorrow...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-30, 20:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:going ice fishing tomorrow...
huh.
Didn't see that coming.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-30, 20:15

Jigging swedish pimples with mousies?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 20:23

In a shack or out in the open?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-30, 20:24

tGreenWay wrote:See, I think that would be cool getting an up close and personal view of those things. I’d also love to dive with sharks like Frank. My biggest problem would probably be the actual process of scuba diving. Generally speaking, I don’t have claustrophobia, but might have difficulty with it.
I definitely have claustrophobia issues. Snorkeling is fine but I could never scuba. The thought of being far enough under water that I couldn't get back to the surface if something went wrong...not for me. Hell, I don't even like sitting in the back seat of a two-door vehicle. I like my own door for possible escape purposes.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 20:39

I’m good just looking at Franks pics and him telling us about it. I’d have a heart attack at this point in my life. Definitely have a panic attack and that can’t be good under water.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-30, 22:16

DWags wrote:I’m good just looking at Franks pics and him telling us about it. I’d have a heart attack at this point in my life. Definitely have a panic attack and that can’t be good under water.
Same with me, though might have been cool with this under water experience if available when I was younger.  Idea/gear/rigging probably inspired by the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.  Daughter (background) did the bottom-walking thing with cast mates at a stop in Vanuatu

Post your current weather status - Page 7 Pirate10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-30, 22:35

Consumers Energy in mid michigan just sent out a severe alert asking customers to turn their heat down to 65 or less through Friday. Sorry, not doing it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-31, 06:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

In a shack or out in the open?
my buddy is picking me up - he has a little pop up shack.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-31, 06:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
huh.
Didn't see that coming.
Post your current weather status - Page 7 502811600

I can only sit around inside for so long.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-31, 07:15

-13. Battery in my truck is only a couple of years old. Bitch better start.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-02-08, 06:42

Was 51° here last night at 9:30. It's now 21° here 9 hours later.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-08, 07:06

The Pantry wrote:Was 51° here last night at 9:30.  It's now 21° here 9 hours later.

I swear that about 6:50AM I saw some lightningsnow (no thunder).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-08, 07:20

Also, there are above average waves in the toilet bowls this morning.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-08, 07:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Also, there are above average waves in the toilet bowls this morning.

Nice bowel movement Floyd!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-08, 07:26

According to Ginger's report there is apparently no safe place in America right now.

[tw]1093847727048257536[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-08, 07:27

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Also, there are above average waves in the toilet bowls this morning.

Nice bowel movement Floyd!

The waves were before. I only made it worse.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-08, 07:59

windy, cold.. blowing snow..

pretty sure I woke up the neighbors this morning when I was shoveling - to make amends, I cleared their sidewalks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-08, 08:07

Windy!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-08, 08:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:According to Ginger's report there is apparently no safe place in America right now.

[tw]1093847727048257536[/tw]

Post your current weather status - Page 7 !!d-)(og!WM~$(KGrHqR,!joEzK1i8tTnBM6v-2Rd4g~~_32
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-08, 08:14

Oh yeah, winter is back.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-08, 10:27

78 and sunny.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-08, 10:38

InTenSity wrote:78 and sunny.
yuck.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-08, 10:43

InTenSity wrote:78 and sunny.

Post your current weather status - Page 7 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-08, 14:00

12 degrees, sporadic snow showers and wind is about 10MPH with gusts.

This time yesterday is was 44 and most of the ice had melted off the roads.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-09, 07:58

5 degrees.. nice and still.

Back from running.. gonna whip up a drink (almond milk-based.. not whiskey - that's for later) - then clear up some high spots of snow in the driveway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-09, 08:29

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-02-09, 09:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:5 degrees.. nice and still.

Back from running.. gonna whip up a drink (almond milk-based.. not whiskey - that's for later) - then clear up some high spots of snow in the driveway.

Nice and still because everything is fricking frozen solid.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-09, 10:00

Tuesday it will all thaw and be a bloody muddy mess:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tuesday+feb+12+2019+forecast+michigan&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS790US790&oq=tuesday+feb+12+2019+forecast+michigan&aqs=chrome..69i57.14765j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-02-09, 10:02

TheReal_LWS wrote:Tuesday it will all thaw and be a bloody muddy mess:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tuesday+feb+12+2019+forecast+michigan&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS790US790&oq=tuesday+feb+12+2019+forecast+michigan&aqs=chrome..69i57.14765j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Good, I still have a half inch of ice on my driveway.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-09, 10:28

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:5 degrees.. nice and still.

Nice and still because everything is fricking frozen solid.
yep - rocked the Kahtoola nanospike traction on my shoes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next