Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+34
SawGreen
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Tim Wakefield
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
aualum06
Nordic
InTenSity
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Senior Dickfist
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
38 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 6 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 10:26

Frank that’s cool as hell and I’m pretty sure I’d be scared.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 6 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-30, 10:43

Frank Ricard wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

That’s pretty awesome!
Where are you at?

Bimini. It's part of The Bahamas. 50 miles west of Miami. Tiny island. We flew out on a Sea plane and landed in the lagoon here. There's wasn't a short dude yelling 'daplane! Da plane!' tho when we landed.. That part was was disappointing.

You're actually east of Miami (in case you have to swim back or something).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 11:09

Post your current weather status - Page 6 Bimini%20from%20plane_zpsgm1vnqgx

Duh, yes, it's east of Miami.  Here's the island from the sea plane.  It's like 5 miles long and 700' wide.  Told the wife i could hit a golf ball over the island. It'd only be an 8 iron. Maybe a 7 if it's in the wind and I have a bad lie in the sand. Maybe.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 11:18

That’s such a cool shot, Frank. I had no idea Bimini was so small. I’ve known friends who’ve gone there, and I’ve always assumed it was bigger. Assuming things were bigger is how poor Mrs. GreenWay ended up with me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-30, 11:18

I wish I could be a snow bird and spend these months down in Florida. I get to work from home so I could probably pull it off but the wife still has to go in for a 9-5.

Great photos btw. Enjoyed them all.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 11:20

By the way, Frank, I wonder how many youngsters go “da plane “ reference. Lol.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 11:21

Post your current weather status - Page 6 DSCF2055_zpsxnpt0eu4

ok, couple more. This is a nurse shark. They're like dogs at a dinner table - just looking for scraps leftover what the hammerheads drop. They'll lay right next to you. Then you bop them in the head to move away, so they'll back up a few feet, only to sneak back up next to you. I bet I could have made it roll over and rub it's belly. They're harmless.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 11:22

DWags wrote: By the way, Frank, I wonder how many youngsters go “da plane “ reference. Lol.

I'm sure it went right over Dendro's head lol
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-30, 11:25

DWags wrote: By the way, Frank, I wonder how many youngsters go “da plane “ reference. Lol.

I got it but because of another show referencing the original
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 11:25

Frank Ricard wrote:Post your current weather status - Page 6 DSCF2055_zpsxnpt0eu4

ok, couple more. This is a nurse shark. They're like dogs at a dinner table - just looking for scraps leftover what the hammerheads drop. They'll lay right next to you. Then you bop them in the head to move away, so they'll back up a few feet, only to sneak back up next to you. I bet I could have made it roll over and rub it's belly. They're harmless.

Don’t anybody tell Jim McElwain how approachable these sharks are. Post your current weather status - Page 6 3557613862
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 11:33

Frank Ricard wrote:

Dendro's reflexes are too quick. Nothing would get over her head.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-30, 11:34

I'm too young for it but I think everyone knows of Fantasy Island.

Frank if you run into a Great White, just flip it over on its back, google 'tonic immobility'
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 11:37

Post your current weather status - Page 6 DSCF2167%202_zpsv3ki4h3x

Now this is the fucker you should be scared of. Bull shark. Hammerheads, reef sharks, nurse sharks don't think as you as food, unless you stick a hand or something they could grab as food right next to their mouths. Bull and tiger sharks can attack, but even then, 99.88% of the time, they'll swim right by you without even noticing you. Most shark attacks are from bull sharks.

Tiger sharks will also bite, but they never charge you. They'll approach you realslow and nonchalant, then...... BAM! The 2 shark dives we did the Tiger sharks never came by - they're shy by nature. But the divers the next day had one come by and 'sniff' around. Trust me, I was more cautious around the bull shark. Keep things in close lol.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 11:44

Frank Ricard wrote:Post your current weather status - Page 6 DSCF2167%202_zpsv3ki4h3x

Now this is the fucker you should be scared of. Bull shark. Hammerheads, reef sharks, nurse sharks don't think as you as food, unless you stick a hand or something they could grab as food right next to their mouths. Bull and tiger sharks can attack, but even then, 99.88% of the time, they'll swim right by you without even noticing you. Most shark attacks are from bull sharks.

Tiger sharks will also bite, but they never charge you. They'll approach you realslow and nonchalant, then...... BAM! The 2 shark dives we did the Tiger sharks never came by - they're shy by nature. But the divers the next day had one come by and 'sniff' around. Trust me, I was more cautious around the bull shark. Keep things in close lol.

Jesus Frank, did you snap that?!?!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 11:45

Post your current weather status - Page 6 DSCF2165_zpsksukhefb

For some reason, the last picture got cropped a bit of the bull shark. Here's he is from a little further away. They look like a mini-great white. Post your current weather status - Page 6 1550444538 Post your current weather status - Page 6 1550444538
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 11:46

Post your current weather status - Page 6 Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 11:51

Yep, all pictures are from my underwater camera.  YOLO.  The goddamn thing stopped working right after this.  We went on some coral reef dives too, but couldn't take pictures.  Brand new camera we got this summer right after we completed our certifications.

I actually took scuba lessons 35 years ago in IM West pool.  Was going to get certified back then, go to Australia and dive with the Great Whites.  But got married, had kids, had no money, had no time, put kids through college and now 35 years later, FINALLY got to do it!

Last edited by Frank Ricard on 2019-01-30, 12:05; edited 1 time in total
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 11:55

Frank Ricard wrote:Yep, all pictures are from my underwater camera. YOLO. t!

But you can extend said life by avoiding certain things. Post your current weather status - Page 6 502811600

Seriously though, very cool outing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-01-30, 11:57

Almost noon. Stretches of 131 (about 2 miles west of my place). Are still being closed due to accidents.

It’s -3 according to the WeatherUndergound guy whose equipment is about 1/4 mile from me.
Windchill around -25-to -30 with 10-15 mph.

Can’t see the houses across the road that are 50 yards away.

I’m a wuss. Did storm of the century shopping at Costco and Meijer Saturday and except for starting the cars and blowing snow away from cars it’s been a Irish Coffee with breakfast, comfort food, streaming TV and Irish Coffee nightcaps

A few phone calls to customers who are hunkered down at home too.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 12:00

The reef dive (no sharks around for that) was scarier. Rough waters with strong underwater currents and when I began the descent, about 15 feet down, I knocked the regulator out of my mouth. SHIT! Thankfully, the one thing that they train you over and over and over again is reg retrieval. Sometimes I felt like I had the reg out of my mouth more than I did in it during dive school. So that training quickly came back and retrieved the reg without missing a beat. But for a split second, that unnerved me and I went through air much quicker than I did in the shark dives. Really struggled fighting the currents. Was way more uptight on this 'safer' reef dive than the shark dives.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-30, 12:03

MSU closed tomorrow, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-01-30, 12:16

The ocean is warmer than my pool according to my daughter.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-30, 12:19

Why doesn’t windchill affect my car? I don’t get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-30, 12:30

DWags wrote:Why doesn’t windchill affect my car? I don’t get it.

Global Waming.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-30, 12:31

InTenSity wrote:The ocean is warmer than my pool according to my daughter.
she's a smart young lady.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-01-30, 12:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
she's a smart young lady.
Well she went in both of them. I know our pool is cold, so didn't want to get in, and I hate having wet sand on my feet, so I didn't wade into the ocean either. She's 6 and doesn't care.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-30, 13:58

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: she's a smart young lady.
Well she went in both of them. I know our pool is cold, so didn't want to get in, and I hate having wet sand on my feet, so I didn't wade into the ocean either. She's 6 and doesn't care.
Post your current weather status - Page 6 502811600

Sand, in general, gives me the heebie jeebies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-30, 14:10

I love my commute on days school is closed. Too bad everyone doesn't just homeschool!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 15:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
she's a smartass young lady. Six-year-old’s criticism of daddy’s tight-ass wallet for not heating the pool.

Friendly Amendment for a more reflective truth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 15:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Just think of sand as tiny rocks held together and on your feet by the surface tension of water, Bob.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 16:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Just think of sand as tiny rocks held together and on your feet by the surface tension of water, and occupied by thriving, active, microorganisms, Bob.

Yet another friendly Amendment.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 16:11

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Just think of sand as tiny rocks held together and on your feet by the surface tension of water, and occupied by thriving, active, microorganisms, Bob.

Bah, there are microorganisms all over your body all the time. Whatever.

Think about that tonight as you drift off to sleep.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-30, 16:21

Frank Ricard wrote:

I used to watch fantasy island as a kid Razz
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-30, 16:23

I would love to be swimming with the sharks. I was bummed when we didn’t see any in the Great Barrier Reef. But fuck being by the bull sharks!

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-30, 16:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:MSU closed tomorrow, as well.

Damn, kids have it so easy today.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-30, 16:32

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: she's a smartass young lady. Six-year-old’s criticism of daddy’s tight-ass wallet for not heating the pool.

You'd expect a heated pool in Miami. What are you, 80?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 16:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Meh, I don’t mind the all-night dead flesh smorgasbord. I do ask Mrs. GreenWay to perform a slow, thorough, up-close search for ticks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-30, 16:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Meh, I don’t mind the all-night dead flesh smorgasbord. I do ask Mrs. GreenWay to perform a slow, thorough, up-close search for ticks.

Doesn't count if she doesn't eat them:

Post your current weather status - Page 6 Ticks10
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 16:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You'd expect a heated pool in Miami. What are you, 80?

I had no idea you were also such a tightwad. Maybe you should move out of pricey South Florida and head for Gainesville to live more comfortably among the poors.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-30, 17:15

Dendrobates wrote:I would love to be swimming with the sharks. I was bummed when we didn’t see any in the Great Barrier Reef. But fuck being by the bull sharks!

Did you see any of these?  Called a maori wrasse and can grow up to 2 meters long.  Not meat eaters but just being in the water with something that weird looking and big would freak me out.  Pic of my daughter diving the Reef on her first cruise gig

Post your current weather status - Page 6 Great_11
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next