Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawyers of tSwill

+5
Johnny Alpamayo
SPARTASOTAN
The Lonely Stoner
pulling69
InTenSity
9 posters

Go down

Lawyers of tSwill Empty Lawyers of tSwill

Post by InTenSity 2014-06-24, 23:14

One of my wife's doctors office is refusing to sign a retro auth for some blood work. The insurance company is ready to pay the claim, but they keep refusing to do the paper work. This is leaving us with a $2500 Quest invoice. Can I sue the doctor? They gave my wife paperwork that says she is only responsible for the copay and they ordered the test. Am I fucked? Quest just sent a 4th and final notice? I'm livid and went off on one of the office billing people today. Just curious, I've already contacted a lawyer. Tanner I'm looking for your input here.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lawyers of tSwill Empty Re: Lawyers of tSwill

Post by pulling69 2014-06-24, 23:27

I can get you the Quest flight schedule and that way you could meet the plane and plant a hot turd for a fast delivery to their home office.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner 2014-06-25, 00:20

Call Fox News. I hear they love airing these horrible economic medical situations people are put into every day.
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN 2014-06-25, 00:41

Litigate don't mitigate
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-06-25, 01:33

So, does your wife have a face or body?

Alternatively, I could probably masturbate to pics of her blood work if you have those more readily available.
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-25, 01:42

This will be a much bigger pain in the ass than it should be, but you already know that.

I once had a routine dental cleaning claim come back on me. I had the work done 4 months before leaving a company that provided dental insurance that covered everything. For whatever reason, the invoice wasn't processed until after I had left the company.

The dentist (my former dentist btw) never called me, they just turned it over to a debt collection company. I fought the bill on principal. I provided proof of coverage, proof of eligibility, etc., and none of that worked.

Eventually, after speaking to people on both ends of the dispute who agreed that I didn't owe a thing, I hosted a conference call so we could all be on the same page.

It didn't work, and 6 months later, after spending literally 15+ hours on the phone, I just paid the bill. I think it was $75. Looking back, there's a solid chance that someone got paid twice, but by that point I didn't care, I just wanted the damn thing over with.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 2014-06-25, 01:46

Inbox me on FB and we'll talk this through in the a.m if you'd like
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan 2014-06-25, 06:32

Litigation will get messy, even if you do it in small claims.

My advice - have your wife set up an appointment for a check up or something with the doctor, and explain the situation to him then. If he's not willing to quickly sign something during an appointment, you explain he'll be losing your family's business, and be seeing you in court. He'll probably sign just to avoid the hassle.

Always avoid court if you can.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-06-25, 07:29

If the doctor ordered the blood work they should have no problem signing authorization unless the patient requested additional tests at the lab without the physician's consent. You can get a receipt from the doctor's office that should show what was ordered, and make sure it matches the tests the lab performed.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down