Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer

+15
Death Roe
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Rocinante
y2kMgrad
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
MSU addict
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer Empty Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer

Post by Guest 2018-07-18, 23:58

Finally science wins. Nuts don't lactate.

Gottlieb: FDA to crack down on labeling nondairy products as ‘milk’

“An almond doesn’t lactate, I will confess,” Gottlieb said, referring to the fact that the agency’s current standards for milk reference products from lactating animals.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer Empty Re: Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-19, 00:04

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer Empty Re: Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-19, 08:20

More government is awesome when it suits my needs. Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-19, 08:43

What a slippery slope. What's next? Will we have to change the name of the milky way because it doesn't come from cows? Maybe we can call it God's Lite Brite instead. What about peanut butter? It doesn't come from cows. Will we have to call it peanut paste? We have enough things ruining this country to have to worry about the Big Dairy cabal adding to our demise.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-07-19, 11:01

When is Beer not Beer?

Chocolate Oatmeal Blueberry whatever the fuck isn't "beer"...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-19, 11:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:When is Beer not Beer?

Rolling Eyes

Is it just human nature to want to deny any type of new things or change? Why do older folk get all bent out of shape about this type of stuff? Genuinely curious.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-07-19, 12:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Is it just human nature to want to deny any type of new things or change? Why do older folk get all bent out of shape about this type of stuff? Genuinely curious.

The answer to your questions will be known to you in about 15 years.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 12:13

You're looking at it from a completely different angle.

Try this one - your family has a farm.   They've invested decades of work and millions of $$ in the farm.   A company springs up and starts making a knockoff product using the name "milk" playing on all those years of goodwill to sell their product.    Demand for your product decreases because of the knockoff product.   Your farm starts losing $$ and you may lose your farm, your livelihood and your way of life.

That's a little different than the way you're looking at it as  - Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 1811933421

If what they have is new and so great let them build their own reputation not squat on milk's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-07-19, 12:28

LooseGoose wrote:You're looking at it from a completely different angle.

Try this one - your family has a farm.   They've invested decades of work and millions of $$ in the farm.   A company springs up and starts making a knockoff product using the name "milk" playing on all those years of goodwill to sell their product.    Demand for your product decreases because of the knockoff product.   Your farm starts losing $$ and you may lose your farm, your livelihood and your way of life.

That's a little different than the way you're looking at it as  - Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 1811933421

If what they have is new and so great let them build their own reputation not squat on milk's.

My family has owned an almond farm for three genrations.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 12:30

MSU addict wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:You're looking at it from a completely different angle.

My family has owned an almond farm for three genrations.

And you won't be seeing any dairy farms selling milk as almonds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-19, 12:33

LooseGoose wrote:

That sounds like a free market and capitalism, goose. Do you have an issue with those?

(Also, i was directly referring to his beer example, fuck all kinds of Milk)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 12:42

LooseGoose wrote:

That sounds like a free market and capitalism, goose. Do you have an issue with those?

lol, nice attempt at a swerve. Free markets and capitalism do not allow you to freely market fake products. You are aware that knock offs are illegal? Ask Coach leather, authors, song writers, etc about that.

As I said before - as a food product milk has a very specific definition - I have no problem with competition based on that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-07-19, 12:55

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, nice attempt at a swerve. Free markets and capitalism do not allow you to freely market fake products. You are aware that knock offs are illegal? Ask Coach leather, authors, song writers, etc about that.

As I said before - as a food product milk has a very specific definition - I have no problem with competition based on that.
Now you are just making shit up. Cows milk is a commodity. It is not designer leather or a work of art.

A food product definition of milk? It does not exist.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-07-19, 13:09

I had no idea that almond milk wasn't the same as whole milk. I was just randomly choosing them on the shelf.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-19, 13:19

InTenSity wrote:I had no idea that almond milk wasn't the same as whole milk. I was just randomly choosing them on the shelf.

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-19, 13:20

LooseGoose wrote:

You are talking about patents and intellectual property. Milk is none of these things. Try again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-07-19, 13:21

Chocolate Oatmeal Blueberry whatever the fuck

Rolling Eyes

Not bent out of shape....

BUT Chocolate Oatmeal Blueberry whatever the fuck should be in the tampon aisle... next to the tampons.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-19, 13:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Chocolate Oatmeal Blueberry whatever the fuck

Rolling Eyes

Not bent out of shape....

BUT Chocolate Oatmeal Blueberry whatever the fuck should be in the tampon aisle... next to the tampons.

Ah, you’ve got the whole insecure manly man I’m better than women thing going. Good luck with that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-07-19, 13:27

Never tried almond milk but I accidentally bought Ben and Jerry’s non dairy ice cream which apparently is made with almond milk. It was terrible.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-19, 13:30

OTPT regularly flips out about people flipping out. He’s going to be the crankiest old dude ever.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-19, 13:33

Rocinante wrote:OTPT regularly flips out about people flipping out. He’s going to be the crankiest old dude ever.

Link to me flipping out? Is asking questions “flipping out”?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-19, 13:36

Milk discussions are the best. Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 13:37

MSU addict wrote:A food product definition of milk? It does not exist.

Sorry man - I once owned a dairy farm and a dairy processing plant. Have dealt with the MDA, FDA and numerous other governmental agencies on milk and milk products.

Feel free to educate yourself any time.

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer Fdamil10
Sec. 131.110 Milk.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 13:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You are talking about patents and intellectual property. Milk is none of these things. Try again.

The Mario Mendoza of intellectuals too. The FDA defines many food products. You cannot sell a fake without risking a felony charge. But you go right on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-19, 13:42

All this time I thought I was drinking real milk from almonds. What’s real anymore? We should get together and sue. Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600

Reality: Milk is the inferior product. Almond milk producers can change their product name to almondwaybetterthanmilk and farmers are pussies. ™️

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 13:45

tGreenWay wrote:All this time I thought I was drinking real milk from almonds. What’s real anymore? We should get together and sue. Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600

Reality: Milk is the inferior product. Almond milk producers can change their product name to almondwaybetterthanmilk and farmers are pussies. ™️

lol, that would be a bold marketing campaign.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-19, 14:08

I thought Orange Bumblefuck McTraitor was getting rid of regulations? Or was that only the regs that benefit people vs big business?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-19, 14:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

The Mario Mendoza of intellectuals too. The FDA defines many food products. You cannot sell a fake without risking a felony charge. But you go right on.

Define fake food.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-19, 14:17

The FDA Thinks Consumers Are Dumb

...The Dairy Cartel

The dairy industry is no stranger to calling in favors from the federal government. In fact, when margarine hit the scene in the late 1800’s, dairy farmers called for a federal “margarine” tax to dissuade consumers from buying the butter alternative.

In 1902, this policy was taken even further when an additional tax was applied to any margarine brand that used artificial dye to make its appearance seem more like “authentic” butter. This tax was really meant as a punishment for the margarine companies, who were supposedly “tricking” consumers into buying their “wannabe” butter. The real threat, of course, was that margarine was less expensive than butter, which concerned the dairy industry and delighted shoppers.

The brand Yoplait was also once a target of the dairy industry and faced legal action over its Greek yogurt products...
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-19, 14:20

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:All this time I thought I was drinking real milk from almonds. What’s real anymore? We should get together and sue. Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600

They should call it almond slurry. That’s the closest description I can think of, and it would still taste better than milk. You should at least admit this isn’t about science; it’s about the milk industry getting dinged in the wallet. Big Milk is skeert of those little ol almond slurry makers.
I do want to congratulate you on accepting science, though. Maybe now you’ll reconsider climate change, which has a whole lot more science behind it than any research into how to define milk.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-07-19, 14:43

LooseGoose wrote:
MSU addict wrote:A food product definition of milk? It does not exist.

Sorry man - I once owned a dairy farm and a dairy processing plant. Have dealt with the MDA, FDA and numerous other governmental agencies on milk and milk products.

Sec. 131.110 Milk.

So it's only milk if it comes out of cows? What about goats' milk? Is that not really milk? Is it goat juice?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-07-19, 14:46

For real though can we talk about how there is no fish in Swedish fish? These are the problems facing our fish farmers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-19, 14:48

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sec. 131.110 Milk.

So it's only milk if it comes out of cows? What about goats' milk? Is that not really milk? Is it goat juice?

Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 14:54

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sec. 131.110 Milk.

It's the FDA after all.....they can be flexible when they want to be.

Raw milk is milk from cows, sheep, or goats that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. This raw, unpasteurized milk can carry dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria, which are responsible for causing numerous foodborne illnesses.

Raw Milk & Pasteurized Milk

Let me assure you they're a barrel of laughs to deal with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 14:55

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

They should call it almond slurry. That’s the closest description I can think of, and it would still taste better than milk. You should at least admit this isn’t about science; it’s about the milk industry getting dinged in the wallet. Big Milk is skeert of those little ol almond slurry makers.
I do want to congratulate you on accepting science, though. Maybe now you’ll reconsider climate change, which has a whole lot more science behind it than any research into how to define milk.

Another topic.....but drag it over. I prefer my science to be accurate at least at times. Climate science has been wildly inaccurate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 14:59

Heat Miser wrote:The FDA Thinks Consumers Are Dumb

...The Dairy Cartel

The dairy industry is no stranger to calling in favors from the federal government. In fact, when margarine hit the scene in the late 1800’s, dairy farmers called for a federal “margarine” tax to dissuade consumers from buying the butter alternative.

In 1902, this policy was taken even further when an additional tax was applied to any margarine brand that used artificial dye to make its appearance seem more like “authentic” butter. This tax was really meant as a punishment for the margarine companies, who were supposedly “tricking” consumers into buying their “wannabe” butter. The real threat, of course, was that margarine was less expensive than butter, which concerned the dairy industry and delighted shoppers.

The brand Yoplait was also once a target of the dairy industry and faced legal action over its Greek yogurt products...

You carry on with defending margarine. Of course they were trying to imitate butter and trick consumers. They certainly didn't color it yellow and form it into sticks to educate consumers that their product was better. If you support that more power to you. Glad you like it but I think that shit sucks no matter that it's cheaper.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-19, 15:00

Heat Miser wrote:I thought Orange Bumblefuck McTraitor was getting rid of regulations? Or was that only the regs that benefit people vs big business?

TDS.

Amazing that everfuckingthing that's wrong in the world is somehow Trump's fault. You people amaze me with your obsession.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-07-19, 15:14

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-19, 15:25

"kiss my dick" Fake "Milk" about to get the hammer 502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-19, 15:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:I thought Orange Bumblefuck McTraitor was getting rid of regulations? Or was that only the regs that benefit people vs big business?

TDS.

Amazing that everfuckingthing that's wrong in the world is somehow Trump's fault. You people amaze me with your obsession.

Welp...for 8 years everything was Obama's fault, so it's only fair that the new guy assume all the responsibility.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next