Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history?

+5
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
TheReal_LWS
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? Empty Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history?

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 10:12

The media sure seems to think so.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? Empty Re: Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history?

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 11:09

TheReal_LWS wrote:The media sure seems to think so.

Another case of the media showing it's ignorance of history and recency bias.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? Empty Re: Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history?

Post by kingstonlake Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 12:51

I'm not a big media guy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 16:19

kingstonlake wrote:I'm not a big media guy.

Don't blame you. The media is a disaster. When we have our own version of the French revolution, media members will be first to see the guillotine.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 16:46

Who?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 16:47

Also, this feels like a Bin thread. Is this a Bin thread?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 18:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Also, this feels like a Bin thread. Is this a Bin thread?

It would feel like a bin thread to you Mario.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 18:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Also, this feels like a Bin thread. Is this a Bin thread?

No idea why the connies dislike this dead guy. Trump previously called him his favorite in the room during some meeting. That’s normally good enough for the magats.
Now it’s a Bin thread.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 18:34

TheReal_LWS wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm not a big media guy.

Don't blame you. The media is a disaster. When we have our own version of the French revolution, media members will be first to see the guillotine.

Come to kill me, my family, and my friends, at your own risk, freak.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 18:54

Bee spouting off about the dumbfuck civil war that's coming. Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 19:55

Marchionne was an accountant and lawyer who was a visionar. He saw what Chrysler had in its Jeep division when Daimler Benz saw it as competition so he engineered a takeover by taking Chrysler Jeep debts off Daimler's books.

I think he's going to be proven correct when he told GM's Mary Bara GM should consider a merger because there was still too much overlap of engineering and production in the US and European auto markets long term.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 20:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bee spouting off about the dumbfuck civil war that's coming. Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? 502811600

At least he’s prepared for it with 30 years of incandescent bulbs stocked up for when the gubmint comes calling for all of them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 22:28

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bee spouting off about the dumbfuck civil war that's coming. Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? 502811600

At least he’s prepared for it with 30 years of incandescent bulbs stocked up for when the gubmint comes calling for all of them.

What Bee doesn't know is we already know who the major players are on the "patriots" side. Our first move will be to round them up and ship them off to FEMA death camps before they get organized. The rednecks won't know what hit them.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 7:52

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Internet tough guy. lol!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 7:54

GRR Spartan wrote:Marchionne was an accountant and lawyer who was a visionar. He saw what Chrysler had in its Jeep division when Daimler Benz saw it as competition so he engineered a takeover by taking Chrysler Jeep debts off Daimler's books.

I think he's going to be proven correct when he told GM's Mary Bara GM should consider a merger because there was still too much overlap of engineering and production in the US and European auto markets long term.

All true. But still FCA is far from where it needs to be. Unfortunately, for him and them, he never got to finish. Still, the fawning over him this week has been a little much.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 8:16

GRR Spartan wrote:Marchionne was an accountant and lawyer who was a visionar.  He saw what Chrysler had in its Jeep division when Daimler Benz saw it as competition so he engineered a takeover by taking Chrysler Jeep debts off Daimler's books.

And who was it that brought Jeep to Chrysler?    That's the man of all men in the auto industry.  JMO
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 9:06

tGreenWay wrote:

I threw all those away. LEDs buddy! That's where it is at. Replaced all my lightbulbs in the whole house with LEDs, haven't changed the bulb in two years.

But at least I contributed to the local landfill. cheers
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 9:07

P.S. It was sweet crushing those boxes of incandescent in the trash compactor.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 9:49

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Internet tough guy. lol!

Just following your lead.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 9:51

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I threw all those away. LEDs buddy! That's where it is at. Replaced all my lightbulbs in the whole house with LEDs, haven't changed the bulb in two years.

I see you’re as good with your money as you are with your posts. What an idiot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:10

I know LWS is looking for attention, but I’ve always found it fascinating that the guys that act like they love the outdoors - fishing, hunting, etc can be the same ones that act like they don’t care about the environment and actually take pride in that fact.

What is that? An oxymoron? Is it just ironic?

Bizarre stuff. I’ve got to think it’s their inability of independent thought, with political allegiances clashing with their actual lifestyle.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I know LWS is looking for attention, but I’ve always found it fascinating that the guys that act like they love the outdoors - fishing, hunting, etc can be the same ones that act like they don’t care about the environment and actually take pride in that fact.

Bizarre stuff. I’ve got to think it’s their inability of independent thought, with political allegiances clashing with their actual lifestyle.

Spot on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:47

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

I see you’re as good with your money as you are with your posts. What an idiot.

Years ago I no longer had to worry about money. As Forrest Gump said "Good. One less thing!"
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I know LWS is looking for attention, but I’ve always found it fascinating that the guys that act like they love the outdoors - fishing, hunting, etc can be the same ones that act like they don’t care about the environment and actually take pride in that fact.

OTPT, I've probably done more for conservation than all of the other posters on this board combined. However, that doesn't mean I am not a consumer. Yeah I stocked up on incandescent bulbs years ago when the only alternative was those awful CFLs (talk about bad for the environment!). So when I LEDs began to be mass produced, I switched. I had a few hundred incandescent bulbs. I guess I could have dumped them on the side of the road....but disposing of them and having them go to a landfill seemed more appropriate. I always put litter in its place. I try to recycle big ticket items (like batteries and used oil). I know you millenials have been brainwashed that you have to separate your trash to "do your part". It is a farce. An additional truck to pick up recyclables is terrible for the environment. Let alone that the majority of your recyclables that you spend so much time sorting ends up in a landfill ANYWAY! (Dirty little secret, look it up.)

So yeah, I am square with my use of the great outdoors and my everyday lifestyle.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:55

Why do the deplorables love making shit up all of the time?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 10:56

How about this OTPT. Over the last 10 years or so, I've gone to quite a few upper end communities. I always find it ironic how they want the landscaping perfect, the woods untouched, and nature to be a part of community. Its NIMBY and destroying things that they don't see or care about. Guys who love fishing, boating, golfing, being in the mountains are also all about being able to drill and mine.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:15

OTPT? Do your research on Robertson-Pittman. The very outdoorsmen you're denigrating here are the ones that have PAID for much of the conservation done over the last 100 years. Without those funds from hunters and fisherman you probably wouldn't have the trails to hike that you enjoy. Sportsmen have been trying to expand the collection of those funds on other outdoors products....and guess what? Most of the "great" environmentalists don't want the added cost. Strange how that works.

It used to be called walking the walk, not just talking the talk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittman%E2%80%93Robertson_Federal_Aid_in_Wildlife_Restoration_Act

http://www.ducks.org/conservation/public-policy/celebrating-80-years-of-the-pittman-robertson-act

In 1937, Ducks Unlimited's founders launched the organization's conservation efforts on behalf of North America's wetlands and waterfowl. That same year, the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act was signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Sponsored by Congressman A. Willis Robertson of Virginia and Senator Key Pittman of Nevada, the act established a manufacturers' excise tax on sporting arms and ammunition to generate much-needed revenue for wildlife conservation. The funds generated by this legislation, which is commonly known today as the Pittman-Robertson Act in honor of its congressional sponsors, are collected by the federal government and then distributed to the states.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why do the deplorables love making shit up all of the time?

Like Robertson-Pittman? OK Mario.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:22

tGreenWay wrote:

Spot on.

Show me where the hiking gear, mountain bikes and other manufacturers are willing to pay rather than preach like those on here?

HIGH TIME FOR OUTDOOR RECREATION INDUSTRY & NON-HUNTING PUBLIC LAND USERS TO STEP UP

Opportunity #1 for the outdoor industry to step up is a self-imposed excise tax modeled after Pittman-Robertson and Dingell-Johnson. Mountain bikes, camping gear, ski equipment – tax it all at the same Pittman-Robertson mandated 11% and redistribute to the states in a similar manner. Imagine the conservation resources this would create.

State based conservation is funded almost entirely by hunters and anglers, and we are the only group paying excise tax on equipment. Those are facts. Pittman-Robertson is a self-imposed excise tax on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment. The funds are collected federally and redistributed to the states based on a hunter participation driven formula. Dingell-Johnson is the fishing equivalent. I realize that today not all Pittman-Robertson funds are generated by hunters, but back in 1937, in the shadow of the great depression, hunters had the foresight and backbone to step up and bring the legislation to fruition. Hunters and anglers buy licenses and bird stamps as well and have traditionally funded roughly 90% of state fish and wildlife agency budgets through their license spending. We all pay federal taxes and pennies on the dollar are used to fund federal agency efforts, but what I’m talking about here is incremental, use specific taxation and for-profit industry contribution. This kind of self-imposed taxation does not exist for any other outdoor recreational categories.

Walk the walk blowhards......and now tell me some more about how hunters don't DO anything???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:26

What is this guy talking about? Who said hunters do nothing? Him? Jesus Christ goose, get a grip man.

The post was about how some people that act like they enjoy the outdoors can also act like they don’t give a fuck about the environment. Aka LWS bragging about his landfill contribution. Try reading others posts instead of creating an argument in your own head.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:26

It always amuses me to read the fucking experts on this board.

Most never go to church but they know Christians better than anyone.

Never shot a gun but they know how gun control should work.

Never hunted or fished but they know all outdoorsmen want to wreck nature.

Never lived in the country but know all about the rural hicks.

And on and on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What is this guy talking about? Who said hunters do nothing? Him? Jesus Christ goose, get a grip man.

The post was about how some people that act like they enjoy the outdoors can also act like they don’t give a fuck about the environment. Aka LWS bragging about his landfill contribution. Try reading others posts instead of creating an argument in your own head.

Read the rest of the thread yourself.   Every time you go for one of your hikes you ought to thank a hunter.

And keep in mind that Act was passed in 1937 - long before the " hippy environmentalists" came along.

Last edited by LooseGoose on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:28; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:27

For goose again because the boogeyman in his head doesn’t allow him to comprehend posts
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

For goose again because the boogeyman in his head doesn’t allow him to comprehend posts

Keep reading. and no it's not oxymoronic or ironic. It's dead wrong in the vast majority of cases..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:31

Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? 502811600 Anddddd he’s off his rocker again. He thinks there is some sort of difference between hunters, people who fish, and then hikers. No, moran, we all love the outdoors. I fish myself.

Again, the boogeyman in your head and the need to divide people politically is failing you. Sad.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:37; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:33

LooseGoose wrote:

Keep reading. and no it's not oxymoronic or ironic. It's dead wrong in the vast majority of cases..

Oh, you’re right goose - you know the people I’m referencing and you know they actually do care about the environment and walk the walk.

Huh? Do you know the people I’ve ran across in my life that are like this?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:33

Goose is daffy. Is Sergio Marchionne the greatest automotive executive in history? 502811600

Manifesto incoming!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:43

LooseGoose wrote:It always amuses me to read the fucking experts on this board.

And on and on.

Guy making generalizations complaining about generalizations.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:It always amuses me to read the fucking experts on this board.

And on and on.

I've done all those things Goose. Tell me more about my life dummy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 12:26

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh, you’re right goose - you know the people I’m referencing and you know they actually do care about the environment and walk the walk.

Huh? Do you know the people I’ve ran across in my life that are like this?

Bump for the “I’m going to go crazy for a few posts” drive by shooter.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next