Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate

+10
aualum06
DWags
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Empty Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:01 am

Dems for Gov - White
Dems for Senate - White
Dems for SoS - White
Dems for AG - White

Yep, they talk a good game.   It's all about the color of your skin, until it's not.

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  6fa7c133-cbcf-4265-a145-a6db520e605f-John-James

James wins Republican U.S. Senate primary to take on U.S. Sen. Stabenow
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Empty Re: Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

Embrace Trump's endorsement at your peril, Mr. James. He doesn't seem crazy from what I've read, but black folks in general ain't buying what the GOP is selling, which is that eliminating services in majority black communities is actually for their benefit because services make them lazy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Empty Re: Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:33 am

The GOP has a black friend now? Cool.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The GOP has a black friend now? Cool.

Which means they can't be racist. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:16 pm

OBAMA!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Dems for Gov - White
Dems for Senate - White
Dems for SoS - White
Dems for AG - White

Yep, they talk a good game.   It's all about the color of your skin, until it's not.

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  6fa7c133-cbcf-4265-a145-a6db520e605f-John-James

James wins Republican U.S. Senate primary to take on U.S. Sen. Stabenow
thanks for the mainstream media link.

(oh - and it's not just "racist" republicans.. your party is also bigoted and misogynistic).

(you don't need to correct the thread title, though - we all know).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:25 pm

we'll call him Uncle Tom for short.

afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:38 pm

I guess what I find interesting is that more people turned out and voted against him vs the # of people that voted against Hoekstra in 2012.....

Trying to figure out what what was the stimuli for getting Republicans to turn out in such big numbers during a mid term election....scratch
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

afro

Not Ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: we'll call him Uncle Tom for short.

afro

Not Ok.
meh.. just call 'em like I see 'em.

(I could call him "Uncle John" - he's probably somebody's uncle).

when the republican party learns to value minorities, I'll learn to value the republican party.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Hey, Goose?

The white guy carried your county.

Was it all about the color of his skin?

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:23 pm

NigelUno wrote:Hey, Goose?

The white guy carried your county.

Was it all about the color of his skin?

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  502811600

seriously - you should've seen the white guy's campaign commercials. I guess he knew he was way down late, 'cause I just started seeing them maybe 4-5 days ago.

about the only thing it didn't include was a cross-burning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  502811600

seriously - you should've seen the white guy's campaign commercials. I guess he knew he was way down late, 'cause I just started seeing them maybe 4-5 days ago.

Pensler was as bad as Schutte.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  502811600

Pensler was as bad as Schutte.
seems like it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:57 pm

hey Goose - did you vote for the black dude??

(you don't have to answer.. just curious).

I vote for black people as much as possible.. as long as they care about other black people. Same with women.. we need more (sane) black folks and women running things. Us white folks have created enough trouble.

you don't have to answer.. no worries. You know I dig ya. Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  969504605

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:58 pm

I think everything about this thread (including the responses) makes me sad.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Cameron wrote:I think everything about this thread (including the responses) makes me sad.
it took this thread to make you sad??

man, I want some of what you're taking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Maybe the republicans just didn’t want a white guy losing to a woman in No ember. A woman who should know her place. So they voted for the black guy. Now when he gets buried by her in November, they’ll meet in their klan sessions and say “Them black guys Kant even beat a no good woman”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:25 pm

DWags wrote:Maybe the republicans just didn’t want a white guy losing to a woman in No ember. A woman who should know her place. So they voted for the black guy. Now when he gets buried by her in November, they’ll meet in their klan sessions and say “Them black guys Kant even beat a no good woman”
that's a good point.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:38 pm

DWags wrote:Maybe the republicans just didn’t want a white guy losing to a woman in No ember. A woman who should know her place. So they voted for the black guy. Now when he gets buried by her in November, they’ll meet in their klan sessions and say “Them black guys Kant even beat a no good woman”

Well...in some counties...they didn't want a white guy losing to a black guy.

Like...Oscoda County for instance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:I think everything about this thread (including the responses) makes me sad.
it took this thread to make you sad??

It's called weed, Bob, and I've been recommending it for a while.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Rocinante wrote:Embrace Trump's endorsement at your peril, Mr. James. He doesn't seem crazy from what I've read, but black folks in general ain't buying what the GOP is selling, which is that eliminating services in majority black communities is actually for their benefit because services make them lazy.

Nah, they don't endorse him at all his approval among Blacks is ranging from 21%-29% which is doom for the Dems in 2020 if it holds. Romney, McCain and Bush II were between 5% & 10%

Blacks' approval of Trump reaches a high of 21% and NAACP charges 'racism'

They're getting jobs and that matters to people. His hispanic support is jumping too...even with all the border crap.

In fact, in a new poll released by the group today, Trump’s approval rating among blacks has reached 21 percent, more than double what it was in an April Reuters poll.

But in its analysis, the NAACP slammed Trump and even went as far as claiming that Trump is setting race relations back, a charge that echoes recent media criticism of the president for slamming hoops star LeBron James.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

afro

lol, of course any Black man that doesn't think as the whites running the Dems think he should is an Uncle Tom. After all Dems think minorities are too damned dumb to obtain photo ID.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm

wrong thread
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 pm

I feel bad that a black Republican only received 53% of the vote against Pensler.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Hopefully he can knock out Debbie
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Embrace Trump's endorsement at your peril, Mr. James. He doesn't seem crazy from what I've read, but black folks in general ain't buying what the GOP is selling, which is that eliminating services in majority black communities is actually for their benefit because services make them lazy.

Nah, they don't endorse him at all his approval among Blacks is ranging from 21%-29% which is doom for the Dems in 2020 if it holds. Romney, McCain and Bush II were between 5% & 10%

They're getting jobs and that matters to people. His hispanic support is jumping too...even with all the border crap.

In fact, in a new poll released by the group today, Trump’s approval rating among blacks has reached 21 percent, more than double what it was in an April Reuters poll.

But in its analysis, the NAACP slammed Trump and even went as far as claiming that Trump is setting race relations back, a charge that echoes recent media criticism of the president for slamming hoops star LeBron James.

Bull. Shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:16 am

LooseGoose wrote:

thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:17 am

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it took this thread to make you sad??

I don't do illegal drugs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:18 am

LooseGoose wrote:

afro

lol, of course any Black man that doesn't think as the whites running the Dems think he should is an Uncle Tom. After all Dems think minorities are too damned dumb to obtain photo ID.
I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion on your new black friend.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 am

LooseGoose wrote:

afro

After all Dems think minorities are too damned dumb to obtain photo ID.

I just think people who don’t realize how hard it is to get a voter ID for some people are stupid. Or out of touch, or racist. It’s one of them. Usually not all. Sometimes a combination of the three

It’s a poll tax for hundreds of thousands of people Goose. And if you’re really this freedom loving bill of rights hugging patriot, you’d be outraged. But you aren’t.

“HOUSTON — In his wallet, Anthony Settles carries an expired Texas identification card, his Social Security card and an old student ID from the University of Houston, where he studied math and physics decades ago. What he does not have is the one thing that he needs to vote this presidential election: a current Texas photo ID.

For Settles to get one of those, his name has to match his birth certificate — and it doesn’t. In 1964, when he was 14, his mother married and changed his last name. After Texas passed a new voter-ID law, officials told Settles he had to show them his name-change certificate from 1964 to qualify for a new identification card to vote.

So with the help of several lawyers, Settles tried to find it, searching records in courthouses in the D.C. area, where he grew up. But they could not find it. To obtain a new document changing his name to the one he has used for 51 years, Settles has to go to court, a process that would cost him more than $250 — more than he is willing to pay.”

“It has been a bureaucratic nightmare,” said Settles, 65, a retired engineer. “The intent of this law is to suppress the vote.

Last week, during the federal trial on Wisconsin’s voter-ID law, a former Republican staffer testified that GOP senators were “giddy” about the idea that the state’s 2011 voter-ID law might keep Democrats, particularly minorities in Milwaukee, from voting and help them win at the polls. “They were politically frothing at the mouth,” said the aide, Todd Allbaugh.
Why it’s hard for so many to get a voter ID and it makes republicans so happy
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:39 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

After all Dems think minorities are too damned dumb to obtain photo ID.

I just think people who don’t realize how hard it is to get a voter ID for some people are stupid. Or out of touch, or racist. It’s one of them. Usually not all. Sometimes a combination of the three

It’s a poll tax for hundreds of thousands of people Goose. And if you’re really this freedom loving bill of rights hugging patriot, you’d be outraged. But you aren’t.

“HOUSTON — In his wallet, Anthony Settles carries an expired Texas identification card, his Social Security card and an old student ID from the University of Houston, where he studied math and physics decades ago. What he does not have is the one thing that he needs to vote this presidential election: a current Texas photo ID.

For Settles to get one of those, his name has to match his birth certificate — and it doesn’t. In 1964, when he was 14, his mother married and changed his last name. After Texas passed a new voter-ID law, officials told Settles he had to show them his name-change certificate from 1964 to qualify for a new identification card to vote.

So with the help of several lawyers, Settles tried to find it, searching records in courthouses in the D.C. area, where he grew up. But they could not find it. To obtain a new document changing his name to the one he has used for 51 years, Settles has to go to court, a process that would cost him more than $250 — more than he is willing to pay.”

“It has been a bureaucratic nightmare,” said Settles, 65, a retired engineer. “The intent of this law is to suppress the vote.

Last week, during the federal trial on Wisconsin’s voter-ID law, a former Republican staffer testified that GOP senators were “giddy” about the idea that the state’s 2011 voter-ID law might keep Democrats, particularly minorities in Milwaukee, from voting and help them win at the polls. “They were politically frothing at the mouth,” said the aide, Todd Allbaugh.
as you know, Goose is just parroting the mainstream media/right wing talking points.

Responding to him with well-reasoned thoughts is about as useless as actually reading his posts.

Upside - back from a quick bike ride. Man, just a month or so ago, I could get out (safely) at 5:50.. closer to 6:35 now if you need some daylight.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:50 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

as you know, Goose is just parroting the mainstream media/right wing talking points.

Responding to him with well-reasoned thoughts is about as useless as actually reading his posts.

Upside - back from a quick bike ride. Man, just a month or so ago, I could get out (safely) at 5:50.. closer to 6:35 now if you need some daylight.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1027380439420420101

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 am

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: as you know, Goose is just parroting the mainstream media/right wing talking points.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1027380439420420101

as I mentioned in another thread, it's amazing how republicans aren't even trying to hide their racism and bigotry anymore.

I mean, I'll give them that.. at least they're no longer denying it... it's a long way from the racist euphemism of "I just want my country back" and their KKK rallies disguised as American lovin' tea party "I'm concerned about the national debt" claims.. Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  502811600 Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hey Goose - did you vote for the black dude??

(you don't have to answer.. just curious).

I vote for black people as much as possible.. as long as they care about other black people. Same with women.. we need more (sane) black folks and women running things. Us white folks have created enough trouble.

you don't have to answer.. no worries. You know I dig ya. Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  969504605

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  3003718628

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:13 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't do illegal drugs.

Oh yeah, me neither.
Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Xco13
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 am

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't do illegal drugs.

Oh yeah, me neither.
Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Xco13

I stopped smoking weed about 35 years ago.. I do sip some illegal moonshine (the real stuff) from time to time.. if that counts.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 am

That darned racist Trump wants to let people out of prison early....Bob will know it's only for Whites though.

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Screen-Shot-2018-08-12-at-8.26.14-AM-600x305
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 am

And no you silly man I'm not following Trump on twitter..
Spoiler:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:40 am

LooseGoose wrote:That darned racist Trump wants to let people out of prison early....Bob will know it's only for Whites though.

Amazing - those darned racist Republicans nominated a Black man for US senate  Screen-Shot-2018-08-12-at-8.26.14-AM-600x305

Straight up yes or no Goose, do you think Trump is racist?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next