Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+33
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
GirbaudJeans
Banks2Mason
goodbar
DWags
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
InTenSity
loogoldham
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
Dendrobates
37 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 16:41

Tim Wakefield wrote:How the shit do I have "bad credit" when I've always paid my rent/bills on time and have never applied for a credit card? I got turned down by Chase and CitiBank credit cards today. Annoying af

Check Credit Karma and make sure no one has used your identity.

Get a Wally card....my kids all started there ....they gave them like $300 to start out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 16:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:How the shit do I have "bad credit" when I've always paid my rent/bills on time and have never applied for a credit card? I got turned down by Chase and CitiBank credit cards today. Annoying af

Get a Wally card....my kids all started there ....they gave them like $300 to start out.

Score is 650. Only open accounts are my student loans that I'll be rid of in < 3 years (hopefully). Looks like I'm Just gonna have to get a secured card like a fuckin poor
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 16:43

You're young. Gotta build up a good history. Nothing you can do right now except for continuing to pay everything on time. Check one of those credit report companies too just to make sure you're not forgetting about a late payment somewhere.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 16:45

Tim Wakefield wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Score is 650. Only open accounts are my student loans that I'll be rid of in < 3 years (hopefully). Looks like I'm Just gonna have to get a secured card like a fuckin poor

Jeezus I can't believe someone won't give you a regular card with 650. Did you try Cap1? CreditKarma will recommend cards to you try one they say you have good to very good odds to get.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 16:47

827 here by the way. I dropped 4 points from my last check for no reason whatsoever. Whatever Equifax. Work on not getting your shit hacked.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:01

Wakes can have one of my wife’s no way you spend money faster than her.

Mr. Goodman.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:03

Do you have an account at MSUFCU? Why not apply for a card there, and if you get turned down, you can call or visit member services and they could explain why you can get credit. They might even have suggestions to help you repair whatever the problem is.
Are you sure it’s bad credit and not just no credit history?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:07

tGreenWay wrote:

Do you have an account at MSUFCU? Why not apply for a card there, and if you get turned down, you can call or visit member services and they could explain why you can get credit. They might even have suggestions to help you repair whatever the problem is.

I don't think 650 is even considered bad credit - so it's probably no history.

From the Googles....
Average Credit Score in America: 2018 Report. The average FICO score in America is 695 and the average Vantage score stands at 673. Currently, Fair Isaac Corp's FICO score and Vantage are two of the most widely used scoring models in the country. Both models range between 300 and 850 - the higher the score, the better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:08

tGreenWay wrote:

I’m guessing no credit history. If you’re an msufcu do what tGreenway says. He’s not as dumb as he is sometimes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:09

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’m guessing no credit history. If you’re an msufcu do what tGreenway says. He’s not as dumb as he is sometimes.

Broken clock... twice a day....
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:12

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think 650 is even considered bad credit - so it's probably no history.

From the Googles....
Average Credit Score in America: 2018 Report. The average FICO score in America is 695 and the average Vantage score stands at 673. Currently, Fair Isaac Corp's FICO score and Vantage are two of the most widely used scoring models in the country. Both models range between 300 and 850 - the higher the score, the better.

Agreed. I also think Wake would do well with the steps you mentioned, especially something like a Cap1 card. Although, my guess is penalties from an MSUFCU Visa would be less painful. And I’ll bet they have some kind of program for recent Spartan grads just starting out and in need of developing a credit history.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 17:53

I have a local mom n pop bank in West GR. Maybe time to move on from that Random Ramblings - Page 3 502811600

I'll just use the secured discover card I guess. I've gone ~8 years without a credit card since I started making money, I can go without one a little longer
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:13

Left work this evening and headed up Mound with 2 lanes closed for construction.  Some trucker with a loaded double drop trailer had tried to pull out on the road but the trailer was too low and too heavy and got hung up in the driveway.  Apparently couldn't move either forward or back and ended up mostly blocking the other 2 lanes.  Another trucker caught in the resulting backup got out of his rig and moved a couple construction barrels allowing single lane traffic to pass, otherwise I'd probably still be sitting there.

No idea how they're going to get that truck unstuck.  Might have to offload the trailer.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:13

Random Ramblings - Page 3 502811600

A father buys a lie detector robot that slaps people when they lie.

He decides to test it out at dinner one night. The father asks his son what he did that afternoon.

The son says, "I did some schoolwork."

The robot slaps the son.

The son says, "Ok, Ok. I was at a friend's house watching movies."

Dad asks, "What movie did you watch?"

Son says, "Toy Story."

The robot slaps the son again.

Son says, "Ok, Ok, we were watching Stormy Daniels movies."

Dad says," What? At your age I didn't even know what dirty movies were."

The robot slaps the father!

Mom laughs and says, "Well, he certainly is your son."

The robot slaps the mother.

Robot for sale.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:31

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 20:45

World News Tonight‏ Verified account @ABCWorldNews  6 minutes ago
LATEST: Michigan officials confirm two people have drowned, three are hospitalized amid "hazardous wave conditions" at Grand Haven State Park Beach on Lake Michigan. https://abcn.ws/2KtG6bW
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 20:53

Floyd Robertson wrote: World News Tonight‏ Verified account @ABCWorldNews  6 minutes ago
LATEST: Michigan officials confirm two people have drowned, three are hospitalized amid "hazardous wave conditions" at Grand Haven State Park Beach on Lake Michigan. https://abcn.ws/2KtG6bW

A friend was there, at least for one of the deaths. She grabbed a few photos of a human chain being formed to assist someone caught in a riptide. From what I could tell, that person was saved, but it sounds like one of the rescuers either drowned or had a heart attack during the operation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 21:01

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote: World News Tonight‏ Verified account @ABCWorldNews  6 minutes ago

A friend was there, at least for one of the deaths. She grabbed a few photos of a human chain being formed to assist someone caught in a riptide. From what I could tell, that person was saved, but it sounds like one of the rescuers either drowned or had a heart attack during the operation.

64 yo man from Wyoming, MI.   Supposedly there was an all day warning not to go in the water.

GRAND HAVEN, MI (WHTC-AM/FM) – A Beach Hazards Statement for the waters of Lake Michigan off of Ottawa County had been issued before dawn on Sunday. Unfortunately, not everybody was apparently aware of this as a 64-year-old Wyoming man died and several other people had to rescued while floundering off of Grand Haven State Park.

The department reported rescuing three more swimmers off of Grand Haven State Park on Sunday, with two initially listed in critical condition, and two others that had been floundering in the waters were able to swim safety to shore. Late on Sunday afternoon, the department posted on its Facebook page: “Stay out of the water at Grand Haven State Park and Grand Haven City Beach. Multiple victims have been rescued and transported to medical facilities.”

https://whtc.com/news/articles/2018/aug/05/one-drowns-others-rescued-in-lake-michgian-waters-off-of-grand-haven/

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Becky-dickerson-grand-haven-pic1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 21:09

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

64 yo man from Wyoming, MI.   Supposedly there was an all day warning not to go in the water.

GRAND HAVEN, MI (WHTC-AM/FM) – A Beach Hazards Statement for the waters of Lake Michigan off of Ottawa County had been issued before dawn on Sunday. Unfortunately, not everybody was apparently aware of this as a 64-year-old Wyoming man died and several other people had to rescued while floundering off of Grand Haven State Park.

The department reported rescuing three more swimmers off of Grand Haven State Park on Sunday, with two initially listed in critical condition, and two others that had been floundering in the waters were able to swim safety to shore. Late on Sunday afternoon, the department posted on its Facebook page: “Stay out of the water at Grand Haven State Park and Grand Haven City Beach. Multiple victims have been rescued and transported to medical facilities.”

https://whtc.com/news/articles/2018/aug/05/one-drowns-others-rescued-in-lake-michgian-waters-off-of-grand-haven/

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Becky-dickerson-grand-haven-pic1

It’s amazing how some people think they can out-power a large body of water, as if it was no more dangerous than their backyard pool.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 0:59; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 21:47

tGreenWay wrote:It’s amazing how some people think they can out-power the power of a large body of water, as if it was no more dangerous than their backyard pool.
Water is tremendously powerful. Doesn't even take a large amount. Sometimes it's just the current. Went whitewater rafting on the Cheat River in WV years ago. Water level was very low so they put us in 4 man rafts with the guides in kayaks instead of 8 man rafts with a guide.

One of the rafts got hung up on some rocks. A guy got out to free it. He was a Michigan State Trooper about 6'2" and in great shape. Slipped on the rocks in less than 2 feet of water and went down. Could see him struggling. Was wearing a two piece wetsuit and the current got into his pants pulling him down. Current was so strong it eventually stripped the pants off inside-out and allowed him to sit up.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 22:27

your rent probably doesn't get reported to the credit bureaus unless you've asked your landlord to do so
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 13:12

Public Service Message

Durex recalls condoms in Germany over 'burst pressure' issue
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 12:32

Kinda crazy that a plane could be missing in MI for 21 years......I wouldn't have thought that possible.

Pictures released of 1997 plane crash found decades later in Mackinac County

1997 Plane crash wreckage
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 12:39

LooseGoose wrote:Kinda crazy that a plane could be missing in MI for 21 years......I wouldn't have thought that possible.

Pictures released of 1997 plane crash found decades later in Mackinac County

1997 Plane crash wreckage

That is pretty crazy that in 21 years no one else wandered by it. Then again, Mackinac county is 1,022 sq mi.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 13:19

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It’s amazing how some people think they can out-power the power of a large body of water, as if it was no more dangerous than their backyard pool.
Water is tremendously powerful.  Doesn't even take a large amount.  Sometimes it's just the current.  Went whitewater rafting on the Cheat River in WV years ago.  Water level was very low so they put us in 4 man rafts with the guides in kayaks instead of 8 man rafts with a guide.  

One of the rafts got hung up on some rocks.  A guy got out to free it.  He was a Michigan State Trooper about 6'2" and in great shape.  Slipped on the rocks in less than 2 feet of water and went down.  Could see him struggling.  Was wearing a two piece wetsuit and the current got into his pants pulling him down.  Current was so strong it eventually stripped the pants off inside-out and allowed him to sit up.

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Like11
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 11:47

Wow.....big day on the Price is Right.

All 3 people in segment 2 hit $1.00 for $10,000

Then in sudden death single spin - the first 2 hit $1.00 for $25,000

.....took a $0.95 on the third spin to get to the showcase.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 13:11

take another look at a butterfly when its flying around. i think they have a lot more control than what we give them credit for.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 13:35

LooseGoose wrote:Wow.....big day on the Price is Right.

All 3 people in segment 2 hit $1.00 for $10,000

Then in sudden death single spin - the first 2 hit $1.00 for $25,000

.....took a $0.95 on the third spin to get to the showcase.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 13:55

goodbar wrote:take another look at a butterfly when its flying around. i think they have a lot more control than what we give them credit for.

fuck butterflies
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 14:03

goodbar wrote:take another look at a butterfly when its flying around. i think they have a lot more control than what we give them credit for.

Thank you for your insight, Confucius!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 14:07

I’m bored with my t-shirts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 14:59

tGreenWay wrote:I’m bored with my t-shirts.

cut off all the sleeves. decreases drag & the ladies love it.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 15:02

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m bored with my t-shirts.

Do the ladies love a farmer tan, too?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 15:04

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

the ones i tend to go for do. toss on a pair of cut-off jorts, head to greater wyandotte, and you'll be swimming in it, bro
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 15:07

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

the ones i tend to go for do. toss on a pair of cut-off jorts, head to greater wyandotte, and you'll be swimming in it, bro

That’s a plan. And I might finally be able to use my mobile penicillin carrying case.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 15:08

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

That’s a plan. And I might finally be able to use my mobile penicillin carrying case.

pro tip: grab a carton of merit lights and a few icehouse tallboys on the way (if you can fit all that on your dirtbike, of course)
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 15:12

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 16:25

At wrigley....

Very close to a special game.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 16:36

Tim Wakefield wrote:At wrigley....

Very close to a special game.

Random Ramblings - Page 3 502811600 Never fails.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 20:46

Indians @ White Sox now
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte