Random Ramblings

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Indians @ White Sox now

Have one for me
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:46 pm

I saw an article that Macomb township near me is going to develop four pickleball courts. I never heard of pickleball, but upon doing some digging I learned it is apparently the fastest growing sport in the U S of A. When will ESPN start broadcasting it?



By the way, the cost of 4 pickleball courts is $425,812
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I saw an article that Macomb township near me is going to develop four pickleball courts. I never heard of pickleball, but upon doing some digging I learned it is apparently the fastest growing sport in the U S of A. When will ESPN start broadcasting it?



By the way, the cost of 4 pickleball courts is $425,812

I'm very disappointed in you. Had you been following the Grand Hotel thread you would have know all about Pickleball.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I've seen it played a few times as I'm playing tennis. Looks fun, like a bigger version of ping pong.

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25801
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:32 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I saw an article that Macomb township near me is going to develop four pickleball courts. I never heard of pickleball, but upon doing some digging I learned it is apparently the fastest growing sport in the U S of A. When will ESPN start broadcasting it?



By the way, the cost of 4 pickleball courts is $425,812

I'm very disappointed in you. Had you been following the Grand Hotel thread you would have know all about Pickleball.

I pop in and out of that thread but I've missed the pickleball posts. I don't have much to add to that thread as I haven't been to the Island in about 26 years.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 pm

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Milk pick-up at lunch today.  Popeyes is very conveniently right there so I figured I'd give them one last shot and went to the drivethru.  

Odd menu because it doesn't list any prices.  Ordered a 3-piece combo with biscuit, mashed potato side and large unsweetened ice tea.  Told me to pull around to the window for my total.  $9.49!?

As shocked as I was at the price I just paid and didn't say a word.  On the bright side, was by far the quickest service I ever got there...place usually takes forever.  Probably helped that there were no other customers.  Got back to work.  Nothing in the bag but the food.  No straw, utensils, napkins...nothing.

The food was disappointing as well.  Very heavy breading on the tiny chicken parts.  No where near as flavorful as KFC.  Mashed potatoes and gravy were the best part of the lunch, but they were not as good as KFC's either.  Didn't try the biscuit.

Over-priced, lousy food, and bad service.  I'm done with Popeyes.  Never again.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10079
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Popeyes opened in kzoo a few years back. Line down the road for a few days. I'm surprised that joint is still open. Went once and will not go back. For the record, former employee of the colonel.
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 922
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 98
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm at the Beyonce and Jay-Z concert. She's so hot
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11263
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Death Roe wrote:I'm at the Beyonce and Jay-Z concert. She's so hot

You only want her for her $$
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Not that hot. Never understood the fascination. Not even that good a voice.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10079
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Death Roe on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 am

The Pantry wrote:Not that hot. Never understood the fascination. Not even that good a voice.

Seriously? Dumb post. She's a fantastic singer and I'm not even that big of a fan of her music

Who do you think is better?
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11263
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am

Some words of comfort for those of you on our roads.

My 80 year old mother got a speeding ticket this morning while driving up here to visit.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am

Today is the 15th anniversary of the great blackout.

avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Today is the 15th anniversary of the great blackout.


I was living in Indianapolis at the time. Missed it by a few counties over. Didn't a good portion of SE Michigan get hit?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16612
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Today is the 15th anniversary of the great blackout.


I was living in Indianapolis at the time. Missed it by a few counties over. Didn't a good portion of SE Michigan get hit?

I was in Manhattan on business for the couple of days before the blackout. Lucky me I flew out that morning, beating the blackout by 2-3 hours. I had to go to the west coast from there, but I know we had no power at my house in Sterling Hts for 24 hours.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Today is the 15th anniversary of the great blackout.


I was living in Indianapolis at the time. Missed it by a few counties over. Didn't a good portion of SE Michigan get hit?

Yes, that’s why a good portion of SE Michigan is in darkness in that photo.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:07 am

I threw a blackout party that night. I know, cool story...
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 922
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 98
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I was living in Indianapolis at the time. Missed it by a few counties over. Didn't a good portion of SE Michigan get hit?

Yes, that’s why a good portion of SE Michigan is in darkness in that photo.

Looks like it stops around Toledo to me. Do we need to start a Pantry-esque Up North war?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16612
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:57 am

Power was out in Troy for 3 days. Think it was out all the way to Flint.

Saw neighbors I'd never seen before because everyone was outside.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10079
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yes, that’s why a good portion of SE Michigan is in darkness in that photo.

Looks like it stops around Toledo to me. Do we need to start a Pantry-esque Up North war?

What we need to do is get your eyes examined.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:53 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Looks like it stops around Toledo to me. Do we need to start a Pantry-esque Up North war?

What we need to do is get your eyes examined.

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16612
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What we need to do is get your eyes examined.


Mendoza level cartography.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:25 pm

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16612
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What we need to do is get your eyes examined.


Good god, man, are you 90 or just have rheumatoid arthritis? You write the way Bobcat Goldthwaite talks.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:


Good god, man, are you 90 or just have rheumatoid arthritis? You write the way Bobcat Goldthwaite talks.

Writing with a mouse is hard. I thought I did a pretty decent job.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16612
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by aualum06 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Good god, man, are you 90 or just have rheumatoid arthritis? You write the way Bobcat Goldthwaite talks.

Writing with a mouse is hard. I thought I did a pretty decent job.

You forgot up north
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Senior Dickfist on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 pm

The Pantry wrote:Power was out in Troy for 3 days. Think it was out all the way to Flint.

Saw neighbors I'd never seen before because everyone was outside.

It wasn't out for 24 hours in Chesterfield, but my neighbor had to drive from the west side of Detroit the day it happened. It took him 2 hours to get home.
avatar
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 922
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 98
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Death Roe wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Not that hot. Never understood the fascination. Not even that good a voice.

Seriously? Dumb post. She's a fantastic singer and I'm not even that big of a fan of her music

Who do you think is better?
What's dumb about the post? That you find her hot and I don't? Beauty is in eye of the beholder. Sure she's decent looking but not what I consider hot. To me she's just average, even though she's usually made up and dressed to kill. I find her her voice unremarkable and most of her songs over-produced and soulless.

Same goes for Chrissy Teigen, as far as looks go. Many obviously consider her hot. Again decent looking but not what I consider supermodel material. No idea how she got that job.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10079
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:


Good god, man, are you 90 or just have rheumatoid arthritis? You write the way Bobcat Goldthwaite talks.

It's OK, he the "fucking Ohio" right.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Good god, man, are you 90 or just have rheumatoid arthritis? You write the way Bobcat Goldthwaite talks.

It's OK, he the "fucking Ohio" right.

And on the Pylon curve 50% is pretty good.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Power was out in Troy for 3 days. Think it was out all the way to Flint.

Saw neighbors I'd never seen before because everyone was outside.

It wasn't out for 24 hours in Chesterfield, but my neighbor had to drive from the west side of Detroit the day it happened. It took him 2 hours to get home.
Mentioned the blackout anniversay to a co-worker today. He lived in Rochester out close to Lakeville. Said his power was still on at home after it happened and the businesses near him still had power. Wish I'd known at the time or I'd have driven farther north than the Home Depot on Avon Road looking for a generator. Running out of gas miles from home would have sucked.

Was a very strange time. Landlines still worked. Got spotty news but nothing concrete from anyone as to the nearest location to get gas, ice, or beer.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10079
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:11 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

It wasn't out for 24 hours in Chesterfield, but my neighbor had to drive from the west side of Detroit the day it happened. It took him 2 hours to get home.
Mentioned the blackout anniversay to a co-worker today. He lived in Rochester out close to Lakeville. Said his power was still on at home after it happened and the businesses near him still had power. Wish I'd known at the time or I'd have driven farther north than the Home Depot on Avon Road looking for a generator. Running out of gas miles from home would have sucked.

Was a very strange time. Landlines still worked. Got spotty news but nothing concrete from anyone as to the nearest location to get gas, ice, or beer.

This country is going to be so fucked when someone takes the grid out. No cells, no gps, no water for most, etc, etc...........
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Mentioned the blackout anniversay to a co-worker today. He lived in Rochester out close to Lakeville. Said his power was still on at home after it happened and the businesses near him still had power. Wish I'd known at the time or I'd have driven farther north than the Home Depot on Avon Road looking for a generator. Running out of gas miles from home would have sucked.

Was a very strange time. Landlines still worked. Got spotty news but nothing concrete from anyone as to the nearest location to get gas, ice, or beer.

This country is going to be so fucked when someone takes the grid out. No cells, no gps, no water for most, etc, etc...........

It will happen, to some extent, eventually. The only questions are how extensive the outage will be geographically and which threat actor it gets attributed to (Russia, DPRK, Iran).
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17001
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

This country is going to be so fucked when someone takes the grid out.   No cells, no gps, no water for most, etc, etc...........

It will happen, to some extent, eventually. The only questions are how extensive the outage will be geographically and which threat actor it gets attributed to (Russia, DPRK, Iran).

I don't worry too much about a lot of stuff but that would be an insane period of time if it were out over a large area for even 4-10 days.     I'd be fine for as long as my gas held out because of having a well to pump water and a couple generators for power.

I read something a couple weeks ago regarding the massive disruption if just gps went out....it was pretty startling.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

It wasn't out for 24 hours in Chesterfield, but my neighbor had to drive from the west side of Detroit the day it happened. It took him 2 hours to get home.
Mentioned the blackout anniversay to a co-worker today. He lived in Rochester out close to Lakeville. Said his power was still on at home after it happened and the businesses near him still had power. Wish I'd known at the time or I'd have driven farther north than the Home Depot on Avon Road looking for a generator. Running out of gas miles from home would have sucked.

Was a very strange time. Landlines still worked. Got spotty news but nothing concrete from anyone as to the nearest location to get gas, ice, or beer.

Out all three days on the east side. Hot as a bitch. I’m to cheap to have a pool but my neighbor does. They were popular.
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28382
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 pm

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 pm

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Mentioned the blackout anniversay to a co-worker today. He lived in Rochester out close to Lakeville. Said his power was still on at home after it happened and the businesses near him still had power. Wish I'd known at the time or I'd have driven farther north than the Home Depot on Avon Road looking for a generator. Running out of gas miles from home would have sucked.

Was a very strange time. Landlines still worked. Got spotty news but nothing concrete from anyone as to the nearest location to get gas, ice, or beer.

Out all three days on the east side. Hot as a bitch. I’m to cheap to have a pool but my neighbor does. They were popular.
They were. My not-as-secretly-as-he-thought-growing-pot-in-his-basement neighbor attorney had a really nice in-ground. My kids spent a lot of time there. Never asked him if his crop got ruined.
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10079
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by LooseGoose on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Damn. This gives me the chills for some reason....

DOCTORS FOUND A 28-YEAR-OLD CONTACT LENS HIDDEN IN WOMAN'S EYE

After complaining of a droopy eyelid for about six months, a 42-year-old unnamed woman recently visited an ophthalmologist to figure out what was going on. The doctor examined the area and found that there was indeed a lump under the lid skin, which an MRI later identified as a "well-defined" cyst. However, once they went in to surgically remove it, the cyst burst to reveal an old, hard contact lens, per a report on the case published last week in the journal BMJ Case Reports.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by aualum06 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Damn. This gives me the chills for some reason....

DOCTORS FOUND A 28-YEAR-OLD CONTACT LENS HIDDEN IN WOMAN'S EYE

After complaining of a droopy eyelid for about six months, a 42-year-old unnamed woman recently visited an ophthalmologist to figure out what was going on. The doctor examined the area and found that there was indeed a lump under the lid skin, which an MRI later identified as a "well-defined" cyst. However, once they went in to surgically remove it, the cyst burst to reveal an old, hard contact lens, per a report on the case published last week in the journal BMJ Case Reports.

Can't even imagine, mine move a milimeter to the wrong spot and I can't handle them in my eye
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum