Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF... Deadspin

+12
tGreenWay
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
SawGreen
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WTF... Deadspin - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF... Deadspin

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-08-16, 19:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I would have told my players every year that if they participate in a gang bang, they're kicked off the team. And I'm being serious.

we literally would not have a basketball team
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-16, 19:53

On the basketball situation, I have second hand knowledge. It wasn't a crime.  That doesn't mean that in the same situation these guys couldn't have been separated from the university.  But, I didn't sit in Mom's living room.

As for football, I agree with the the take MD has been a little lenient and gotten burned.  But, I also believe (my personal opinion) that it was due to personal relationships with kids and parents.  I hope all can agree that there is no longer a three strike rule in the football program... it's typically 2 strikes and sometimes 1 strike.

These events don't occur every month or every year, and I firmly believe that each situation is unique and should be treated as such.  I absolutely abhor cookie cutter policy.  Our court system is even arbitrary in that regard.  The three strike weed policy of days gone buy was a travesty, but I've even stood in front of a magistrate with a spotless record, and given leniency.

That's the world I prefer to live in.  Even if some hype-addicted "news" agencies try to take advantage of a basic human instinct to forgive.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-16, 19:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I would have told my players every year that if they participate in a gang bang, they're kicked off the team. And I'm being serious.

WTF... Deadspin - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-16, 20:05

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

McQuaid and four walk ons
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2