Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II

+6
DWags
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
NigelUno
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II - Page 2 Empty Re: Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-21, 12:10

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
You said yourself that the lawsuit has nothing to do with Nassar. Yet now you're defending them bringing it up in the lawsuit.

The lawyers and Paula both work for the same company, that's what I'm saying. A company that had a vested interest in drawing a link between the football program and the Nassar. This was first mentioned in the lawsuit, and while the lawsuit was being argued, Paula began her investigation. Based on the way they've pissed on journalistic ethics throughout this story, I don't see a reason to give them the benefit of the doubt that there is no connection. It isn't remotely uncommon for a company involved in a dispute with another company to have their people (PR team, freelancers, etc.) try to dig up dirt on the opposition.

The lawsuit (in which MSU sued ESPN) had nothing to do with Nassar. That is correct.

I quoted what the lawyers said. That doesn't mean I'm defending it.

You don't think Paula was working on a story until the lawyers came up with the "story"? She wanted the names of the football players. Pretty sure she put in a FOIA request, and then MSU sued, and then ESPN hired the lawyers.

So, you think at that point the lawyers hatched this plan to tie the two things together? It was a story Paula was already working on.

I mean...your belief is that these 2 lawyers concocted the whole scheme to tie Nassar with Dantonio (and Izzo)? And then they got Paula to do their dirty work?

Help me out. I don't get your point (if it's not that).

What makes you think that Paula was already working on it? Because she FOIA'd one specific case? A case in which pretty much every media outlet was working on, as well? A case in which the players were immediately kicked off the team and a coach immediately suspended? You think that was her big story about a cover up? Furthermore, you think that Dantonio's swift and decisive dismissal of them, while only not naming the players due to legal and ethical guidlines, prompted her to completely re-think her position from 18 months earlier that MSU athletes do not get preferential treatment from the criminal justice system?

Prior to the lawsuit, I do not believe that there is any information to suggest that she was working on such story. Were any of these "damning" interviews conducted prior to May 2017? Any tweets suggesting that she was brewing something?

I'm not saying that that two lawyers cooked up this whole thing all on their own. The lawyers work for ESPN and are not going to put something in a court document without the permission of their client. I'm saying that their names are on the first attempted link between Nassar and Dantonio by a semi-legitimate organization.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II - Page 2 Empty Re: Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-21, 12:19

Poor Goose.

You buying into the lawyer conspiracy too?

Or just playing tribes?

Try to be an independent thinker. For once.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-21, 12:26

NigelUno wrote:Poor Goose.

You buying into the lawyer conspiracy too?

Or just playing tribes?

Try to be an independent thinker. For once.
truth isn't truth.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-21, 12:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The lawsuit (in which MSU sued ESPN) had nothing to do with Nassar. That is correct.

I quoted what the lawyers said. That doesn't mean I'm defending it.

You don't think Paula was working on a story until the lawyers came up with the "story"? She wanted the names of the football players. Pretty sure she put in a FOIA request, and then MSU sued, and then ESPN hired the lawyers.

So, you think at that point the lawyers hatched this plan to tie the two things together? It was a story Paula was already working on.

I mean...your belief is that these 2 lawyers concocted the whole scheme to tie Nassar with Dantonio (and Izzo)? And then they got Paula to do their dirty work?

Help me out. I don't get your point (if it's not that).

What makes you think that Paula was already working on it? Because she FOIA'd one specific case? A case in which pretty much every media outlet was working on, as well? A case in which the players were immediately kicked off the team and a coach immediately suspended? You think that was her big story about a cover up? Furthermore, you think that Dantonio's swift and decisive dismissal of them, while only not naming the players due to legal and ethical guidlines, prompted her to completely re-think her position from 18 months earlier that MSU athletes do not get preferential treatment from the criminal justice system?

Prior to the lawsuit, I do not believe that there is any information to suggest that she was working on such story. Were any of these "damning" interviews conducted prior to May 2017? Any tweets suggesting that she was brewing something?

I'm not saying that that two lawyers cooked up this whole thing all on their own. The lawyers work for ESPN and are not going to put something in a court document without the permission of their client. I'm saying that their names are on the first attempted link between Nassar and Dantonio by a semi-legitimate organization.

Your opinion is that "ESPN" was out to get MSU (and get Dantonio and Izzo fired?)...and it began with the 2 lawyers?

OK. I still don't get how this is a big gotcha moment.

Is it just because one of the lawyers went to UM Law School?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-21, 13:06

I still think it’s pathetic that Lavigne wouldn’t go on Valenti to debate the otl piece. His take down of Lavigne’s work was pretty damn good. I though Sean did a great job in his first report highlighting all of the omissions from Lavigne’s report and how the missing context changes the story.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-21, 13:10

NigelUno wrote:Try to be an independent thinker.  For once.  
Robert J Sakimano wrote:truth isn't truth.

LMAO - this is rich coming from you and Bob - as you march in lockstep with 98% of the board and criticize me for not thinking independently.   I think that would fall under "lacks self awareness".

Sort of like all the young people with tattoos to be "different"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-21, 13:19

LooseGoose wrote:

LMAO - this is rich coming from you and Bob - as you march in lockstep with 98% of the board and criticize me for not thinking independently.   I think that would fall under "lacks self awareness".

I was simply quoting one of the sharpest legal minds of our time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-21, 13:42

steveschneider wrote:I still think it’s pathetic that Lavigne wouldn’t go on Valenti to debate the otl piece. His take down of Lavigne’s work was pretty damn good. I though Sean did a great job in his first report highlighting all of the omissions from Lavigne’s report and how the missing context changes the story.

Both ESPN and Paula knew she would have been embarrassed on that show. For what ESPN was trying to do, that would have been counterproductive. It was a good call on their part.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-21, 14:43

LooseGoose wrote:

As always, your independent thoughts are welcome.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-21, 14:56

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Your opinion is that "ESPN" was out to get MSU (and get Dantonio and Izzo fired?)...and it began with the 2 lawyers?

Never once did I say anything about where they went to school.

I've laid out the timeline. You choose to believe it's coincidental, and give ESPN the benefit of the doubt. I don't think they've done anything with regard to this story to deserve that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-21, 15:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I've laid out the timeline. You choose to believe it's coincidental, and give ESPN the benefit of the doubt. I don't think they've done anything with regard to this story to deserve that.

I choose to believe what is coincidental?

I still don't understand your point.

Is it that you think "ESPN" was out to get MSU, and that the 2 lawyers prove that because they mentioned Nassar?

Help me out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-21, 15:34

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Is it that you think "ESPN" was out to get MSU, and that the 2 lawyers prove that because they mentioned Nassar?

Help me out.
You're right, Nigel. You win. Happy?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-21, 15:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Help me out.
Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-21, 15:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Our old friend TempeTantrum finished Part II - Page 2 502811600

I win!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-08-22, 14:21

What happened to @Matty Fresh?
I was hoping to have him have his Mom call TempegHost and see how he is doing and then have a report back to tSwill.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-22, 19:39

Here’s a link to Sean campbell interview.

https://twitter.com/ryanschuiling/status/1032371962545201154
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-22, 20:59

Can't find the link steve.  Says page not found
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-22, 21:36

Steve did a really shitty job of linking that. Here you go.

https://greatlakesdivide.squarespace.com/blog/2018/8/22/lawyer-michigan-state-alum-sean-campbell-takes-on-epsn-paula-lavigne
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-22, 21:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Steve did a really shitty job of linking that. Here you go.

https://greatlakesdivide.squarespace.com/blog/2018/8/22/lawyer-michigan-state-alum-sean-campbell-takes-on-epsn-paula-lavigne

So you've been hanging out with Cameron?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-22, 22:42

Just listened. I hope Paula goes on soon and responds to Sean.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2