Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPARTANS vs. Bucknuts - tOfficial Game Thread

+20
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
MSU addict
By-Tor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
DWags
InTenSity
steveschneider
Clarett's Folly
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
aualum06
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
24 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

SPARTANS vs. Bucknuts - tOfficial Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: SPARTANS vs. Bucknuts - tOfficial Game Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-10, 17:25

Jake from State Farm wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though our offense was better at scoring points for the Bucknuts than our offense was at scoring points for our offense.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

SPARTANS vs. Bucknuts - tOfficial Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: SPARTANS vs. Bucknuts - tOfficial Game Thread

Post by Heat Miser 2018-11-10, 17:36

I'm not convinced either of those guys is closer to Cook/Cousins than Maxwell/TOC.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-10, 17:49

6 RB carries today
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-11-10, 17:49

Heat Miser wrote:I'm not convinced either of those guys is closer to Cook/Cousins than Maxwell/TOC.

Again, Lewerke has a ten win season under his belt and Rocky seems to have a big arm and isn't afraid to let it fly. I don't think either of them are close to O'Connor or Maxwell.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-10, 17:57

Jake from State Farm wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though our offense was better at scoring points for the Bucknuts than our offense was at scoring points for our offense.

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-10, 17:58

Section 29 was full of old-ass green seaters telling me to sit down on OSU third downs. Fucking old bags ruin the experience. Go home and watch it if you don't like people trying to pump one another up.

One section over, Nordic's section, was awesome as usual when I was there for the UM game.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 17:59

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:I'm not convinced either of those guys is closer to Cook/Cousins than Maxwell/TOC.

Again, Lewerke has a ten win season under his belt and Rocky seems to have a big arm and isn't afraid to let it fly. I don't think either of them are close to O'Connor or Maxwell.

Put me down for the Defense (#7 in total defense, #91 in total offense) as having a ten win season under their belt.......Wink
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-10, 18:02

Clarett's Folly wrote:

agreed
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-10, 18:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

agreed

Lewerke has been hurt since Arizona State. Not fair to judge him playing hurt. But I will judge the fact that the staff has him playing hurt
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-10, 18:08

Death Roe wrote:Section 29 was full of old-ass green seaters telling me to sit down on OSU third downs. Fucking old bags ruin the experience. Go home and watch it if you don't like people trying to pump one another up.

One section over, Nordic's section, was awesome as usual when I was there for the UM game.

I demand excellence from sec 30.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-11-10, 18:45

True statement.
Although I think coach Ds strategy for the safety was a good call. We know the punter sucks, and OSU woild have been on our 30 yard line. The defense stopped them on that drive and punted. So 2 points vs 7. I get it. Still doesnt make you feel warm and fuzzy though
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-10, 18:46

So LJ is redshirting and coming back next year per Coach D.

Good move for LJ. No sense trying to save his body so that he can still be playing after 30, if he doesnt make it at all when he's 23 or 24. And he needs to play to show that he is worth a team taking a chance on even as a free agent.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-11-10, 18:50

Nordic wrote:6 RB carries today
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-10, 18:51

Dendrobates wrote:

True statement.
Although I think coach Ds strategy for the safety was a good call. We know the punter sucks, and OSU woild have been on our 30 yard line. The defense stopped them on that drive and punted. So 2 points vs 7. I get it. Still doesnt make you feel warm and fuzzy though
I think it was more about trying to flip field position a little, especially the way their punt team was pinning us inside the 6 on 3-4 straight possessions. You dont expect the kick off to go out of bounds, so are are expecting them to get the ball at their own 30-35, not the 50.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 18:54

Could Kenneth go to the League? Dude is a flat out baller. Shocking to say but he's been our best defender this year. Bachie hasn't been bad by any means but he might be 3rd behind Kenneth and 99.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-10, 18:56

Gotta pit Khari in that discussion
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-10, 19:05

The Wildcats win the west.....so at best the West champion will have 4 losses.....not much of a resume padder for the East champion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-10, 19:18

UM won't need a resume padder. They're 100% a lock for the CFP if they win out.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-10, 19:20

LooseGoose wrote:The Wildcats win the west.....so at best the West champion will have 4 losses.....not much of a resume padder for the East champion.

Like the one year Wisconsin went to the B1G title game because of PSU's scandal and OSU's tattoos fallout. A 7-5 team smoked Nebraska I think?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 19:27

Nordic wrote:Gotta pit Khari in that discussion

True.

Listening to Coach D's post game presser. I sort of get the feeling that if DW gets the ziggy (far from a given), it would be because Coach D doesn't think we dedicate to the run enough. A bit mind bending but....
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 19:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:UM won't need a resume padder. They're 100% a lock for the CFP if they win out.

Oh, ok....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 19:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Could Kenneth go to the League? Dude is a flat out baller. Shocking to say but he's been our best defender this year. Bachie hasn't been bad by any means but he might be 3rd behind Kenneth and 99.

Isn't he kind of a tweener? at 260 I'd think he couldn't play DE.  Seems like there'd be a spot somewhere though. Honestly he "looks" about 240..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 19:33

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Could Kenneth go to the League? Dude is a flat out baller. Shocking to say but he's been our best defender this year. Bachie hasn't been bad by any means but he might be 3rd behind Kenneth and 99.

Isn't he kind of a tweener? at 260 I'd think he couldn't play DE.  Seems like there'd be a spot somewhere though. Honestly he "looks" about 240..

260 for a college rush end coming out is wheelhouse.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 19:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

260 for a college rush end coming out is wheelhouse.

I'd give him a roster spot over that check casher Ansah right now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 19:44

Going back to questions earlier - the penalty on the TD for illegal man downfield was legit. The play was supposed to be a throw back to Lombardi. Cody improvised when Lombardi wasn't open and Sokol leaked downfield so he unleashed it to him. But Jarvis was definitely down field and so was another OL.

Also the fumble/TD recovery in the end zone was not a jet sweep. It was a fake jet sweep with poor timing either by Nelson or Bueter or Lombardi. Fake jet sweep in the end zone is pretty useless but for the record.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 19:46

^^Apparently Rocky took the blame for that. He said he sent Nelson in motion too early.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-10, 20:03

I figured it had to be Rocky's timing on the snap count. But who knows if Nelson or Beuter played into it some, too. Things aren't always a well oiled machine when you have a 3rd string center snapping to a 2nd string QB, to fake a hand off to a 3rd string WR.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 20:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:I figured it had to be Rocky's timing on the snap count. But who knows if Nelson or Beuter played into it some, too. Things aren't always a well oiled machine when you have a 3rd string center snapping to a 2nd string QB, to fake a hand off to a 3rd string WR.

lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 20:27

Anyone else notice that Nelson looked like he was not trying very hard today? That play aside...noticed him a couple of times with poor body language and effort. Might still be banged up.

Can't believe Stewart got hurt again. WTF.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-11-10, 20:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

True.

Listening to Coach D's post game presser. I sort of get the feeling that if DW gets the ziggy (far from a given), it would be because Coach D doesn't think we dedicate to the run enough. A bit mind bending but....
Who is DW?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 20:50

Level set. Listening to the Comparoni/Paul K V-cast and they just said something that struck a chord. Everyone is sick of hearing about injuries.

Let's not even talk OL b/c that doesn't move the needle to most fans.

Healthy BL. Healthy Cody White, FD3, and Darrell Stewart as your slot WR. Healthy LJ at RB.

That's a really solid skill core. Really solid. We had that for 1 game this year. Sadface.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 20:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Level set. Listening to the Comparoni/Paul K V-cast and they just said something that struck a chord. Everyone is sick of hearing about injuries.

Healthy BL. Healthy Cody White, FD3, and Darrell Stewart as your slot WR. Healthy LJ at RB.

That's a really solid skill core. Really solid. We had that for 1 game this year. Sadface.

Meh....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 21:09

Honestly....LJ has his faults. But he's a lot better than Heyward and Jefferson. I like those guys. they are Spartans and will be good players for us and solid contributors. But a healthy LJ brings a lot to the table in terms of ability to run the ball, make people miss, break tackles, pass protect, etc. He's not Lev Bell but he's above average. I don't think these guys are quite average yet. They can't do anything without a hole you could drive a truck through. Connor has good hands - better than LJ's. And I'm sure both can throw the ball better than he can. But I'll draw the line there. They've each had ball security issues of their own.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-10, 21:10

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

True.

Who is DW?

Dave Warner
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-11-10, 21:22

Is Treadwell available at OC?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-10, 21:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Honestly....LJ has his faults. But he's a lot better than Heyward and Jefferson. I like those guys. they are Spartans and will be good players for us and solid contributors. But a healthy LJ brings a lot to the table in terms of ability to run the ball, make people miss, break tackles, pass protect, etc. He's not Lev Bell but he's above average. I don't think these guys are quite average yet. They can't do anything without a hole you could drive a truck through. Connor has good hands - better than LJ's. And I'm sure both can throw the ball better than he can. But I'll draw the line there. They've each had ball security issues of their own.

I'd still like to see them get more than 6 carries given all the variables.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-10, 21:55

And Andrew Dowell, Justin Layne
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-10, 21:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Level set. Listening to the Comparoni/Paul K V-cast and they just said something that struck a chord. Everyone is sick of hearing about injuries.

Classic SB post.

SPARTANS vs. Bucknuts - tOfficial Game Thread - Page 7 1f60f
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-10, 22:05

Where does MSU go bowling if they finish out 8-4?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-10, 22:09

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Honestly....LJ has his faults. But he's a lot better than Heyward and Jefferson. I like those guys. they are Spartans and will be good players for us and solid contributors. But a healthy LJ brings a lot to the table in terms of ability to run the ball, make people miss, break tackles, pass protect, etc. He's not Lev Bell but he's above average. I don't think these guys are quite average yet. They can't do anything without a hole you could drive a truck through. Connor has good hands - better than LJ's. And I'm sure both can throw the ball better than he can. But I'll draw the line there. They've each had ball security issues of their own.

I'd still like to see them get more than 6 carries given all the variables.

No argument at all. And again, if something were to happen, I have a strong suspicion that would be Warner's downfall, not the more common complaints we have seen.

I don't even know what to say about Warner to be honest. He has not been good, though he has pulled a rabbit out of his hat occasionally. But we just don't recruit well enough on the OL to run the kind of Offense that Coach D wants. We either need to recruit better or Coach D needs to adjust his philosophy. That's where I'm at.

Things might be better if we had an OC who could radically adjust what we do and try to adapt to the personnel that he has on the field in years like this when the plague hits. But again....I don't think Coach D wants that or will allow it. Coach D wants to run the ball 40 times even when we can't.

Not absolving Warner, just my .02.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next