Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films

+11
DWags
I.B. Fine
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
tGreenWay
Rocinante
pulling69
duffy munn
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 16:19

Cameron wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Ah yes. The hypocrites descend with their passive-aggressive gay jokes!

Toughen up, snowflake.

Aren't you the guy who wants ty back?

I'm good. Just find the hypocrisy funny! When I say something is gay, I get jumped on like Nigerians on an emailed bank account number.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films

Post by Rocinante Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 18:46

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Toughen up, snowflake.

Aren't you the guy who wants ty back?

I'm good. Just find the hypocrisy funny! When I say something is gay, I get jumped on like Nigerians on an emailed bank account number.

Like funny ha ha, or funny you're dead inside.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 18:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That guy died 2-3 years ago. Just a very nice man. IIRC, there wasn’t even a tree lot the first year after his death, and I don’t think I can remember seeing one last year. However, I just saw one set up there as I drove past yesterday.

Did he know Jingles?
he may very well have known Jingles.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 19:17

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I usually get our winter solstice tree from the guy at the corner of Hagadorn and Haslett Road - across from the Mobil H&H. Pretty cool guy.

we didn't have one at all last year and maybe the year before,  I don't recall - a lot of the time we're out of town over break.

A few years back we decorated it with Jack Daniels, Jameson and Jim Beam shooter bottles.. that was pretty cool. That's probably the route we'll take again this year (if we get one).

but, yeah, we'll probably wear some holiday scarves and sing carols as we decorate it.

That guy died 2-3 years ago. Just a very nice man. IIRC, there wasn’t even a tree lot the first year after his death, and I don’t think I can remember seeing one last year. However, I just saw one set up there as I drove past yesterday.

I knew the guy. When I was in school he worked at the party store on Grand River and Gunson. It was called Party Down in those days. He would personally wheel half barrels to our bashes at 147 Gunson. Red hair with a bushy goatee. We called him the Walrus. And yes, he knew Jingles.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 19:24

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I knew the guy. When I was in school he worked at the party store on Grand River and Gunson. It was called Party Down in those days. He would personally wheel half barrels to our bashes at 147 Gunson. Red hair with a bushy goatee. We called him the Walrus. And yes, he knew Jingles.

I bought many $5.29 cases of Buckhorn at Party Down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 20:01

LooseGoose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Apparently Falstaff was not available
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Did he know Jingles?

What a clown question, bro. Of course he knew Jingles. You have to be a real loser not to know Jingles.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

aww really? that sucks - I guess it's been more than a couple of years since we had a tree from there.

but, yeah, he was a cool guy - lived in a little camper in the parking lot there. I also kind of felt like he had a good gig, at least for a few weeks out of the year.

if we get a tree, not sure what we'll do now.. knowing my wife, she'll want something from Whole Foods. Rolling Eyes

sucks about the guy at that corner, though. No

Everyone’s favorite writer here, Solari, wrote a really nice tribute piece about him after he died. I guess the guy was very active in support of/volunteering for city rec baseball at Muni/Kircher.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:44

LooseGoose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I lived in the basement of the house across the parking lot behind Party Down, man was that convenient. Wasn't the owner a guy named Fitz?
I was partial to Olympia long necks
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:45

As excited as everyone is here about these specials, maybe everyone watches them and has a Swillers Hallmark Movie Chat afterward, like our own little book club.

Also, sorry, but I can’t do it. I’m busy that night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:49

tGreenWay wrote:As excited as everyone is here about these specials, maybe everyone watches them and has a Swillers Hallmark Movie Chat afterward, like our own little book club.

Yeah, busy watching the Hallmark Channel's very, very special holiday movie marathon with a box of Puffs Plus
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 22:00

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:As excited as everyone is here about these specials, maybe everyone watches them and has a Swillers Hallmark Movie Chat afterward, like our own little book club.

Yeah, busy watching the Hallmark Channel's very, very special holiday movie marathon with a box of Puffs Plus

You say that like it’s a bad thing. The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 22:24

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I lived in the basement of the house across the parking lot behind Party Down, man was that convenient. Wasn't the owner a guy named Fitz?

Yep. Fitz Party Down. Side note, I'm watching my Tar Heels sequestered in another room. Any guesses as to what my wife may be watching?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 22:30

duffy munn wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Yep. Fitz Party Down. Side note, I'm watching my Tar Heels sequestered in another room. Any guesses as to what my wife may be watching?
I'm guessing you really don't want to know
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 22:54

I.B. Fine wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Oh, I know.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 23:05

duffy munn wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Oh, I know.
Poor Pylon can't even sneak a post in, he must be on his 3rd movie tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 10:08

posted it somewhere else..

but the Hallmark movie that was on this morning at 4:00 AM had the chick from American Pie in it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 16:43

Christmas at Holly Lodge
HALLMARKHD - 185 Thu, 11/29, 4:00 PM 2 hrs
2017, Holiday, Drama, Made-for-cable Movie, Christmas
When a woman inherits a ski lodge from her parents, she soon realizes that she must keep the business from falling into the hands of a major developer, who sends an evaluator to the legendary property to check out the area's potential.

This time film is On now - followed by "Chrstmas Everlasting". Sounds like another big night for Bob, Duffy and Pylon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 17:00

LooseGoose wrote:Christmas at Holly Lodge
When a woman inherits a ski lodge from her parents, she soon realizes that she must keep the business from falling into the hands of a major developer, who sends an evaluator to the legendary property to check out the area's potential.

This time film is On now - followed by "Chrstmas Everlasting". Sounds like another big night for Bob, Duffy and Pylon.
Plot sounds about as deep as your average skin flick, without the skin.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 17:25

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 Ddf7ec10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 17:41

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 18:04

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Christmas at Holly Lodge

Plot sounds about as deep as your average skin flick, without the skin.

The acting is about the same
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 8:54

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 Source

tWife watched one with this chick in it last night. Nice assets.

Plot: Big city girl has to go to a small town in Colorado to deliver a letter to her dad's business partner. Tradition is the letter MUST be delivered by hand. Anyway, the dude isn't there so she has to wait for the guy to show up. Meanwhile she falls in love with the town, breaks up with her douchebag boyfriend and gets with the local taxi cab driver.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 9:05

Strangely we get all these "the wife watched it" explanations but the actresses and plot lines seem to be known pretty well by those "not watching".

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 9:06

LooseGoose wrote:Strangely we get all these "the wife watched it" explanations but the actresses and plot lines seem to be known pretty well by those "not watching".

There's only so much to read on this board from my phone. Plus I was mildly interested in the boobs.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 9:16

TheReal_LWS wrote:10pm
A Shoe Addict's Christmas
When a woman is accidentally locked inside a department store after closing, she is shocked to receive a visit from a guardian angel, who takes her on a trip to Christmases past, present and future to rediscover the true spirit of the holiday.

Why does that sound familiar?

This was actually a good one.

BTW  The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 1f60d

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 30483365_1300x1733
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 9:19

At least Hallmark throws the guys a bone by casting smoking hot chicks as the lead actresses.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 9:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:At least Hallmark throws the guys a bone by casting smoking hot chicks as the lead actresses.

So, are these like the SyFY B movies where the hot chicks are in bikinis (or something slutty) at least half the time?

Love me a SYFY B movie.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 9:38

Nordic wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:10pm
When a woman is accidentally locked inside a department store after closing, she is shocked to receive a visit from a guardian angel, who takes her on a trip to Christmases past, present and future to rediscover the true spirit of the holiday.

Why does that sound familiar?

This was actually a good one.

BTW  The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 1f60d

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 30483365_1300x1733

Nordy feels that the Swill is a safe space to come out as a fan.

Next thing we'll have WBH drunk blogging them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 10:10

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:At least Hallmark throws the guys a bone by casting smoking hot chicks as the lead actresses.

So, are these like the SyFY B movies where the hot chicks are in bikinis (or something slutty) at least half the time?

Love me a SYFY B movie.

These are wholesome family Christmas movies. Too cold and inappropriate for bikinis. The chick I talked about earlier was in a nice red dress that had her titties kind of popping out though. So there's that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
These are wholesome family Christmas movies. Too cold and inappropriate for bikinis. The chick I talked about earlier was in a nice red dress that had her titties kind of popping out though. So there's that.

I'll stick with Sharktopus...
The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 Sharktopus_abd4949
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:34

Best of both worlds...

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 2 MV5BZjdmZjQ2ODktMzUwYy00MWRlLThiZWYtMzFkODBlN2I1OWZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ5OTc2Mzk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,657,1000_AL_
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 1 Dec 2018 - 19:09

Don't worry guys you can check in here for updates on the football games.

Tonight's lineup:

(Drama, Movie, 2018)

Mingle All the Way
(Drama, Movie, 2018, NR, *+)

Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe
(Drama, Movie, 2018, NR, *)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 1 Dec 2018 - 19:33

LooseGoose wrote:Don't worry guys you can check in here for updates on the football games.

Tonight's lineup:

(Drama, Movie, 2018)

Mingle All the Way

Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe
(Drama, Movie, 2018, NR, *)

Do you really think Pylon will care about the scores once he’s nestled in on the sofa with a blanket and popcorn, marveling at the wonder of a Hallmark Christmas movie?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 7:59

The Fonz was just in the one that went off.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 9:17

With an all day marathon today - RIP to da posts from our gang....

Christmas Cookies
(Drama, Movie, 2016, NR, ***)

Miss Christmas
(Movie, 2017)

Road to Christmas
(Drama, Movie, 2018)

A Gift to Remember
(Drama, Movie, 2017)

Christmas at the Palace
(Drama, Movie, 2018, NR)

Mingle All the Way

A Majestic Christmas
(Drama, Movie, 2018)

Finding Santa
(Drama, Movie, 2017, ***)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 2 Dec 2018 - 15:57

ION Television getting into the spirit with their own lineup of movies, including Merry Kissmas, and A Christmas Kiss I & II.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 17:28

Duffy confesses to his wife that he, like Pylon actually loves watching the Hallmark movies:

[tw]1069792704953909249[/tw]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 17:47

tGreenWay wrote:ION Television getting into the spirit with their own lineup of movies, including Merry Kissmas, and A Christmas Kiss I & II.

I saw that, any good?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 17:58

tGreenWay wrote:ION Television getting into the spirit with their own lineup of movies, including Merry Kissmas, and A Christmas Kiss I & II.

Me thinks he doth protest too much...
Do you keep a box of tissues handy when you snuggle up in your Slanket in front of the TV?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next