Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films

+11
DWags
I.B. Fine
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
tGreenWay
Rocinante
pulling69
duffy munn
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-04, 18:15

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:ION Television getting into the spirit with their own lineup of movies, including Merry Kissmas, and A Christmas Kiss I & II.

I saw that, any good?

No idea. The only one I’ve ever seen is the one a friend had the lead in, and that was on Hallmark.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-04, 18:17

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:ION Television getting into the spirit with their own lineup of movies, including Merry Kissmas, and A Christmas Kiss I & II.

Me thinks he doth protest too much...
Do you keep a box of tissues handy when you snuggle up in your Slanket in front of the TV?

You’re embarrassing yourself. The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 992749028
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-10, 08:26

This Season’s Guilty Pleasure: Binge-Watching Hallmark Christmas Movies

Crown Media Family Networks, a subsidiary of the greeting-card maker, is the company behind more than 150 original Christmas movies that have run on its Hallmark-branded channels over the past decade. There are 22 new ones airing on the main Hallmark channel this year—they started Oct. 27—and another 15 new ones on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Together with past years’ movies, they run practically round-the-clock, 10 to 12 a day. Some fans have found the best way to keep track of what they’ve watched is with a spreadsheet.

Maybe one of you could share your spreadsheet?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-10, 18:49

The one with The Fonz in it is on right now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-12-11, 11:01

Hey Bob,
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.
I'll ship you one of these as a Festivus gift, leave your garage door unlocked

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 Image-5448-510x510
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-11, 11:23

I've been watching Fargo lately. It's really evens things when Mingle All the Way comes on.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-11, 11:35

Wally Fairway wrote:Hey Bob,
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.
I'll ship you one of these as a Festivus gift, leave your garage door unlocked

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 Image-5448-510x510
The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 502811600  

thanks.. but my wife will steal mine, so send two.

Happy Holidays!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-12-11, 11:49

Is there a Hallmark Cinematic Universe collection available?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-11, 12:57

Death Roe wrote:Is there a Hallmark Cinematic Universe collection available?

This is actually a great idea. I will invest in your Hallmark Cinematic Universe Collector Cards Series 1 idea. Secure the rights. We are going to be rich.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-12, 07:41

Today's lineup starting at 2pm:

Christmas at Cartwright's
(Drama, Movie, 2014, ***)

Christmas Cookies
(Drama, Movie, 2016, NR, ***)

Christmas at Graceland
(Music, Movie, 2018, NR, **+)

Christmas Under Wraps
(Drama, Movie, 2014, NR, ***)

Snow Bride
(Drama, Movie, 2013, NR, ***)

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-12, 10:07

LooseGoose wrote:Today's lineup starting at 2pm:

Christmas Cookies

Christmas at Graceland

Christmas Under Wraps

Snow Bride

Cartwright!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-12, 10:10

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Today's lineup starting at 2pm:

Christmas Cookies

Christmas at Graceland

Christmas Under Wraps

Snow Bride

Cartwright!

Table for....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-12, 10:25

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Cartwright!

Table for....

Not long. Five, ten minute.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-14, 12:45

To help our guys plan their evening...the 2pm to Midnight lineup:

Christmas in Evergreen (Drama, Movie, 2017)
Christmas in Evergreen: Letters to Santa (Movie, 2018, NR)
Royal Christmas (Drama, Movie, 2014, NR, ***)
Homegrown Christmas (Drama, Movie, 2018, NR)
Christmas at Holly Lodge (Drama, Movie, 2017)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-12-14, 23:07

New channel to add to the list, some Canadian network called UPtv....They are showing almost all Canadian TV Xmas movies. Same formulaic swill but friendlier and with a funny accent.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-16, 19:46

The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 20181210

Ugh...
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-16, 19:48

Found out today that my wife has an app that keeps track of the Hallmark Christmas movies she's watched.

Yep.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-16, 19:53

pulling69 wrote:New channel to add to the list, some Canadian network called UPtv....They are showing almost all Canadian TV Xmas movies. Same formulaic swill but friendlier and with a funny accent.

Usually a decent station home improvement and whose line is it anyway
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-16, 19:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Found out today that my wife has an app that keeps track of the Hallmark Christmas movies she's watched.

Yep.

Jesus Christ. I hope Mrs. Pylon doesn't find this.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-16, 19:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The Hallmark Movie Thread - Bob, Duffy & Pylon's favorite films - Page 3 20181210

Ugh...

Brings a tear to my eye
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-16, 20:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Found out today that my wife has an app that keeps track of the Hallmark Christmas movies she's watched.

Yep.

Jesus Christ. I hope Mrs. Pylon doesn't find this.
I just found out about it this weekend.

I've known this woman for 28 years.. :(
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-17, 12:03

Watched the one with the middle daughter from Full House with W the other night. Story was bad. Acting was terrible. But it made W feel good so I enjoyed it.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-17, 12:05

aualum06 wrote:
pulling69 wrote:New channel to add to the list, some Canadian network called UPtv....They are showing almost all Canadian TV Xmas movies. Same formulaic swill but friendlier and with a funny accent.

Usually a decent station home improvement and whose line is it anyway

Anyone else miss that "Home Improvement" was a double entendre? Referred to Tool Time, the fictitious cable home improvement TV show, but also referred to Tim improving as a husband and father.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-18, 08:59

Today's lineup for our guys:

A Gift to Remember
(Drama, Movie, 2017)

Homegrown Christmas
(Drama, Movie, 2018, NR)

It's Christmas, Eve
(Drama, Movie, 2018)

A Wish for Christmas
(Drama, Movie, 2016, **+)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-21, 16:03

Marsha Brady is in the one that just came on.

Been a long winter break from a TV perspective.. luckily, I was out of town for a week with no Hallmark Xmas movies. #Thankful

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-21, 20:38

My favorite Hallmark Christmas movie is on right now - "Christmas Connection".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-21, 20:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My favorite Hallmark Christmas movie is on right now - "Christmas Connection".
That sounds like it would be Cameron's favorite too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-23, 23:52

There is one aspect of the holiday season that grows ever more fascinating, and that is the explosion over the past decade of cheap TV movies centering on the holiday. Since 2010, Hallmark has made – get this – 170 Christmas movies, which it puts into heavy rotation on the Hallmark channel beginning in mid-October. And now Netflix is following suit. It has released eight this season alone. Not since the days of the Western have there been so many films made with exactly the same plots and exactly the same setting with exactly the same effect.
What’s even more interesting is that they all suggest Christmas is a time of magical salvation from the forces of modern isolation and loneliness. The plots almost always involve a young woman from a big city who finds herself, for some reason, in a picturesque small town. She is either unmarried, or engaged to someone unexciting, or sadly widowed. In the small town she finds a manly man, usually someone who works with his hands, who was either her high school boyfriend and has remained a bachelor because he pines for her or is sadly widowered.
The town is wonderful. The man is wonderful. And yet the woman has a life back in the city. But a few poinsettias, a crackling fire with some stockings hanging nearby and somehow kept from catching fire, a spinet playing carols, and a bearded man who just may be the actual Santa Claus, and you know she’s not going back to her soulless lonely modern existence. She will stay in the small town, protected from the Christmas-lessness of the everyday world, and find peace.
The insatiable public appetite for this story is such that we have to assume it means something more than pThere is one aspect of the holiday season that grows ever more fascinating, and that is the explosion over the past decade of cheap TV movies centering on the holiday. Since 2010, Hallmark has made – get this – 170 Christmas movies, which it puts into heavy rotation on the Hallmark channel beginning in mid-October. And now Netflix is following suit. It has released eight this season alone. Not since the days of the Western have there been so many films made with exactly the same plots and exactly the same setting with exactly the same effect.
What’s even more interesting is that they all suggest Christmas is a time of magical salvation from the forces of modern isolation and loneliness. The plots almost always involve a young woman from a big city who finds herself, for some reason, in a picturesque small town. She is either unmarried, or engaged to someone unexciting, or sadly widowed. In the small town she finds a manly man, usually someone who works with his hands, who was either her high school boyfriend and has remained a bachelor because he pines for her or is sadly widowered.
The town is wonderful. The man is wonderful. And yet the woman has a life back in the city. But a few poinsettias, a crackling fire with some stockings hanging nearby and somehow kept from catching fire, a spinet playing carols, and a bearded man who just may be the actual Santa Claus, and you know she’s not going back to her soulless lonely modern existence. She will stay in the small town, protected from the Christmas-lessness of the everyday world, and find peace.
The insatiable public appetite for this story is such that we have to assume it means something more than people liking a good Christmas movie, in part because they’re almost all very bad.eople liking a good Christmas movie, in part because they’re almost all very bad.
Christmas: Looking In How Dickens and pop culture gave us the Christmas we know today
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-25, 16:32

Confessions of a Hallmark Christmas Movie Junkie

I first became a Hallmark Christmas Movie Addict 15 years ago. My wife and I had just done one of our Christmas shows and were wiped out. We collapsed in Carmel and for three days did little more than eat, look in galleries and watch countless Hallmark Christmas movies.

Despite knowing every plot twist in advance, being able to even predict dialogue, despite often atrocious acting, I could not turn away. Watching the same soap stars and b-listers appear over and over again didn’t curb my enthusiasm. Our mocking and adding our own dubious dialogue only added to the fun.

I ultimately beat my addiction, with only the occasional dabble. However, in the last two years, it has come roaring back.

Top Fifteen Essentials for a Hallmark Christmas Movie
Coming up with a Hallmark Christmas movie isn’t all that hard. They are required by law to have these 15 elements:

A quaint picturesque village wrapped in garland and holiday lights and a blanket of snow.
A quaint name for the village or the lodge or inn or farm that is the setting for the action.
An equally quaint little kid with one or more parents dead. (In the case of Finding Father Christmas, Mom drops dead while performing A Christmas Carol.)
An apple-cheeked older woman who wants to help everyone, with husband who tells her to “leave ’em be.”
A professional woman who has lost track of her true self. She’s either given up on dating or is dating someone equally driven in his career who is perfect for where she is in life. Or so she tells people in a not quite believable way.
A sassy sidekick or sibling or assistant really hoping she lightens up.
Arrival, whether planned or accidental, in said quaint village.
A hunk who the professional woman who has lost track of herself happens upon seconds after arriving in said picturesque village. Usually the hunk is a total stranger seemingly opposite in every way. However, union rules require that one in four be a childhood or high school sweetheart who just didn’t work out for all the wrong reasons.
Cups of hot chocolate with a peppermint stick. (To my chagrin, no one ever seems to poke their eye out.)
A bakery with desserts that make you gain three pounds just from watching.
A former, aged soap star chewing scenery.
A sudden snowstorm.
A gradual falling in love, even though everyone in the family, town — even the animal life — knew it from the second they saw the two together.
A touch of supernatural Christmas magic.
A final (or first) kiss as the snow flakes fall.
In fact, in Hallmark Christmas movies there is one scientific certainty: Kisses cause snow. Lips touch and down come the fluffy flakes. Own a ski lodge? A reunion of Hallmark movie stars would be better than a snow machine. Relief groups should send Hallmark Christmas couples to drought stricken lands in order to generate moisture.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-25, 16:56

Is Hallmark back to movies (really, they’re films) or are they still running vid of a Yule log burning in the fireplace? I looked at the guide and that went for hours last night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-12-25, 17:20

tGreenWay wrote:Is Hallmark back to movies (really, they’re films) or are they still running vid of a Yule log burning in the fireplace? I looked at the guide and that went for hours last night.

There are 2 Hallmark channels.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-25, 21:53

pulling69 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Is Hallmark back to movies (really, they’re films) or are they still running vid of a Yule log burning in the fireplace? I looked at the guide and that went for hours last night.

There are 2 Hallmark channels.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3