Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School?

+8
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
12 posters

Go down

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? Empty What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 10:00

basically, according to the story, she was kicked off the school bus for bullying.. so, he makes her walk the five miles to school to teach her a lesson.

here's my take: I don't mind the punishment. However, I have a problem with him promoting it and himself as some crusader against bullying as he bullies her in a very public way.

I suspect the apple didn't fall far from the tree with regard to learning how to bully people.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? Empty Re: What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School?

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-07, 10:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:basically, according to the story, she was kicked off the school bus for bullying.. so, he makes her walk the five miles to school to teach her a lesson.

here's my take: I don't mind the punishment. However, I have a problem with him promoting it and himself as some crusader against bullying as he bullies her in a very public way.

I suspect the apple didn't fall far from the tree with regard to learning how to bully people.

I agree. Dad is just looking for clicks and people in America eat this type of shit up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? Empty Re: What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School?

Post by Guest 2018-12-07, 10:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:here's my take: I don't mind the punishment. However, I have a problem with him promoting it and himself as some crusader against bullying as he bullies her in a very public way.

Amazing that your hot take matches the very mainstream liberal sites that you never watch.

He's an ass, why promote his behavior?

And the very stooges that disagree with him are giving him the publicity he obviously craves.

They virtue signal by condemning him while putting coin into their pockets with clicks and ratings. All whores. All hypocrites.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-12-07, 10:10

What's the big deal? When I was in kindergarten I had to walk to school five miles in a blinding snowstorm every day and it was uphill both ways.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-07, 10:11

The girl should grab his keys and drive herself to school.

And make a video.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-07, 10:12

Should have made her run.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-07, 10:17

My first thought was good for him, my second thought was I fucking hate Facespace, why did this douche decide he needed to blast it to all of his family and friends.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-07, 10:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:here's my take: I don't mind the punishment. However, I have a problem with him promoting it and himself as some crusader against bullying as he bullies her in a very public way.

Amazing that your hot take matches the very mainstream liberal sites that you never watch.

And the very stooges that disagree with him are giving him the publicity he obviously craves.

They virtue signal by condemning him while putting coin into their pockets with clicks and ratings. All whores. All hypocrites.

Hey cool, a post I would never have expected from you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-07, 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:

Politics on the main board again. Classic Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-07, 10:20

When this girl is trying to get a job in 20 years it's going to come up that she was a bully.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-07, 10:29

Jake from State Farm wrote:What's the big deal? When I was in kindergarten I had to walk to school five miles in a blinding snowstorm every day and it was uphill both ways.

FU, you probably had shoes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 10:29

LooseGoose wrote:

I prefer to keep family-related issues within the family and not on social media.

kind of old-fashioned, I know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 10:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My first thought was good for him, my second thought was I fucking hate Facespace, why did this douche decide he needed to blast it to all of his family and friends.
yep.

as I mentioned, it seems pretty clear that she learned her bullying behaviors at home..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-07, 10:34

Just merica being fucking basic again.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 10:36

steveschneider wrote:When this girl is trying to get a job in 20 years it's going to come up that she was a bully.
not to mention the cyclical nature of this very public demonstration by a father who seems to be starved for attention himself. Ya think people in the town and at her school don't know who she is and the public humiliation her father put her through?

family issues and the dynamics associated with that are almost always best handled at home within the four walls of the family unit. If the father doesn't know that - if it was never modeled for him - that's understandable. But it doesn't excuse this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-07, 10:36

LooseGoose wrote:

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? 1966794946
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 10:44

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? 1966794946
What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-12-07, 10:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:What's the big deal? When I was in kindergarten I had to walk to school five miles in a blinding snowstorm every day and it was uphill both ways.

FU, you probably had shoes.
Nope, but I did have breadbags over my socks. It was a real PIA when the rubber bands that held them up broke.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-12-07, 10:57

LooseGoose wrote:

Bob gave his opinion.

How do you know it matches what liberal sites are saying?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-07, 11:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just merica being fucking basic again.

Americans love a good disciplinarian and a display of discipline. Remember when Joe Paterno made his team pick up the trash in Beaver stadium? People ate that shit up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 11:23

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just merica being fucking basic again.

Americans love a good disciplinarian and a display of discipline.  
"my step-daddy beat me with a belt for takin' the last cheezy poof at Thanksgivin' when I was 6 years old.. and I turned out okay.. nuthin' wrong with a little dis'pline"...

Neutral
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-07, 11:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Americans love a good disciplinarian and a display of discipline.  
"my step-daddy beat me with a belt for takin' the last cheezy poof at Thanksgivin' when I was 6 years old.. and I turned out okay.. nuthin' wrong with a little dis'pline"...

Neutral

That's a big social media trope that spankings will return this country to glory. I love the other meme where they show a kid in the 70's riding a bike up a big ramp doing a big jump with no helmet on and somehow that recklessness made that generation great.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 11:31

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Neutral

That's a big social media trope that spankings will return this country to glory. I love the other meme where they show a kid in the 70's riding a bike up a big ramp doing a big jump with no helmet on and somehow that recklessness made that generation great.
it's one thing to be stupid.

it's another thing to celebrate stupidity.. and America does that really well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-07, 11:34

When I was in middle school I got kicked off the bus. Twice. Don't think it was for bullying. It could have been. I don't remember. The second time was a week suspension. The elementary school I attended was off of the main road. The middle school was behind the Elementary school, probably 1/2 mile off of the main road. You had to pull into the elementary school driveway and then take a long side road to get to the middle school building and parking lot. It was winter. My mom was pissed and disgusted at me and barely talking to me. The first day of the suspension I hopped in the car with my mom to get dropped off at school. We drove there, and she stops on the main road and says get out. Woah. Wasn't really ready for that. In fact I don't think I even had my winter coat. All week it was more of the same. I don't remember pick up, but I remember that cold snowy long walk in the mornings.

I think she posted about it on a Prodigy chatroom.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-07, 11:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:When I was in middle school I got kicked off the bus. Twice. Don't think it was for bullying. It could have been. I don't remember. The second time was a week suspension. The elementary school I attended was off of the main road. The middle school was behind the Elementary school, probably 1/2 mile off of the main road. You had to pull into the elementary school driveway and then take a long side road to get to the middle school building and parking lot. It was winter. My mom was pissed and disgusted at me and barely talking to me. The first day of the suspension I hopped in the car with my mom to get dropped off at school. We drove there, and she stops on the main road and says get out. Woah. Wasn't really ready for that. In fact I don't think I even had my winter coat. All week it was more of the same. I don't remember pick up, but I remember that cold snowy long walk in the mornings.

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-07, 11:39

If I missed the bus I didn't even ask. Just cut through the woods and walked. About 2 miles.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 11:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:When I was in middle school I got kicked off the bus. Twice. Don't think it was for bullying. It could have been. I don't remember. The second time was a week suspension. The elementary school I attended was off of the main road. The middle school was behind the Elementary school, probably 1/2 mile off of the main road. You had to pull into the elementary school driveway and then take a long side road to get to the middle school building and parking lot. It was winter. My mom was pissed and disgusted at me and barely talking to me. The first day of the suspension I hopped in the car with my mom to get dropped off at school. We drove there, and she stops on the main road and says get out. Woah. Wasn't really ready for that. In fact I don't think I even had my winter coat. All week it was more of the same. I don't remember pick up, but I remember that cold snowy long walk in the mornings.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-07, 11:42

What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? 1966794946 you've been on fire the last couple of days. Good shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-07, 11:42

kingstonlake wrote:If I missed the bus I didn't even ask. Just cut through the woods and walked. About 2 miles.
I walked to elementary school and middle school. Elementary school was literally across the street. I'd sit in my 2nd grade classroom and see Dad mowing the yard. What Do Y'all Think About This Dad Making His Daughter Walk 5 Miles to School? 502811600

Middle school was about a mile by road.. but if you knew how to cut through a few backyards and climb over a few fences, you could cut some time off.

by the time I got to high school, I'd ride with my brother or I had my license. I don't think I've ever ridden a school bus.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-07, 13:08

kingstonlake wrote:If I missed the bus I didn't even ask. Just cut through the woods and walked. About 2 miles.

Same. Sometimes, I'd just walk to my friend Eddie's house. Even if he wasn't there, his mom would let you in and smoke pot with you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-07, 13:14

And then.........????!!!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-07, 13:15

Then nothing, she was a haggard biker chick.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-07, 13:26

steveschneider wrote:When this girl is trying to get a job in 20 years it's going to come up that she was a bully.
There goes her shot for a seat on the SC
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-07, 13:35

Rocinante wrote:Then nothing, she was a haggard biker chick.

Downvote.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-12-07, 13:43

So... I'm a mile by road. Half mile through the woods...

Keep telling the kid to walk, wife brings him anyway.

I suppose it hasn't risen to the level of "marital fight time" yet. Still bugs me though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-12-07, 14:03

I used to walk through the woods too, it was about the same distance as walking to the bus stop. Took the long way one time because of the snow and since it was the wet sloppy kind I managed to get a shower two or three times from passing cars. Never walked that way again.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down