Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowards and Punks.

+14
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
y2kMgrad
DWags
Cameron
kingstonlake
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cowards and Punks.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowards and Punks.

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 12:31

Also, I still don't understand why I should be more concerned about these punks than kids locked in cages, breast feeding babies torn away from their mothers or black kids living in generational poverty that are terrorized by the cops. These kids have their commander in chief in the white house and they're going to be just fine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 12:37

steveschneider wrote:Also, I still don't understand why I should be more concerned about these punks than kids locked in cages, breast feeding babies torn away from their mothers or black kids living in generational poverty that are terrorized by the cops. These kids have their commander in chief in the white house and they're going to be just fine.
I hear ya, but that's the problem..

it's because of bigoted kids like these and their parents that the current administration has brown children locked in cages.. and it's not going to stop - in fact, as they become even more emboldened by the media, the president himself, etc - it's only going to get worse.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 12:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

There's another video on twitter floating around that some lady posted a video of those kids provoking her and her friend. Going off her time line it happened before the Nathan Philips incident.

Those kids were looking for trouble. The big life lesson is to just apologize for what happened and everyone move on.
I have a hard time believing that these little racist bigots would also be misogynists.. I mean, their hero certainly is nothing like that.

Bob serious question. Do you think these kids were always like that? Do you believe that as President Trump allowed them to believe that said behavior is ok? Do you believe that if Trump wasn't President lets say it was Biden- that they would have done the same thing or does the red hat allow them to get noticed and thus draw attention?
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 12:41

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I have a hard time believing that these little racist bigots would also be misogynists.. I mean, their hero certainly is nothing like that.

Bob serious question. Do you think these kids were always like that? Do you believe that as President Trump allowed them to believe that said behavior is ok? Do you believe that if Trump wasn't President lets say it was Biden- that they would have done the same thing or does the red hat allow them to get noticed and thus draw attention?
I believe that they come from racist, bigoted families... in general, we're the product of our environment and surroundings.

would they be mocking a Native American veteran who is marching for peace if they didn't have a role model in the White House? Probably not - as recent as a few short years ago, it was still socially unacceptable to be an outspoken racist bigot. Not only is it acceptable now, but it's even celebrated to a large extent by mainstream society.

the red hat/KKK hood empowers them. It inoculates them against public criticism by those who represent the "good" parts of humanity and is their catalyst to promote their sick agenda.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 12:52

per the mainstream media (believe them at your own peril), the little christian patriot's mommy and daddy hired a PR firm to explain away their racism and bigotry.

But by Sunday evening, the coverage of what happened provided a more detailed account of events, along with a statement from Sandmann that seemed to tamp down the explosion of anger against the teen — thanks in part to extended video from the rally and the involvement of Louisville public relations firm RunSwitch PR.

Asked about its role, RunSwitch released a statement saying that the firm "has been retained by the Sandmann family to offer professional counsel with what has become a national media story. We are working with the family to ensure an accurate recounting of events which occurred this past weekend.”

so enjoy all of the various videos of the same ugly event designed to make you question what you saw with your own eyes.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 12:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

I believe that they come from racist, bigoted families... in general, we're the product of our environment and surroundings.

would they be mocking a Native American veteran who is marching for peace if they didn't have a role model in the White House? Probably not - as recent as a few short years ago, it was still socially unacceptable to be an outspoken racist bigot. Not only is it acceptable now, but it's even celebrated to a large extent by mainstream society.

the red hat/KKK hood empowers them. It inoculates them against public criticism by those who represent the "good" parts of humanity and is their catalyst to promote their sick agenda.

Bob will it get better or worse?
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 12:56

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob will it get better or worse?
worse until America does something about the piece of human filth in the White House.

Which isn't happening any time soon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-22, 13:23

This whole thing is Exhibit A of why social media is the devil (to quote Mama). From beginning to end it has every check point. Video/Photo catches apparent disgusting act. Leads to moral outrage and e-mob out for justice. Leads to other side rushing to defense. Leads to more analysis and further contextual explanations of situation, which leads to further opinions and statements and PR being put out by the participants. Leads to further analysis from the outside (where were the chaperones? Who are the Black Israelites?? Why are kids marching in an abortion rally??). Leads to further condemnations and further outrage and endless slanted media coverage and ultimately another spike in the division of this shitty country.

I bet Putin planted that jackass kid.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 13:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This whole thing is Exhibit A of why social media is the devil (to quote Mama). From beginning to end it has every check point. Video/Photo catches apparent disgusting act. Leads to moral outrage and e-mob out for justice. Leads to other side rushing to defense. Leads to more analysis and further contextual explanations of situation, which leads to further opinions and statements and PR being put out by the participants. Leads to further analysis from the outside (where were the chaperones? Who are the Black Israelites?? Why are kids marching in an abortion rally??). Leads to further condemnations and further outrage and endless slanted media coverage and ultimately another spike in the division of this shitty country.

I say it to anyone who will listen: the downfall of American society is directly related to social media and the 24 hour news cycle.

I'm old.. and kind of a traditionalist.. but I miss the days of local news at 6:00 and the national news at 6:30. No talking heads telling fragile people what to believe, no echo chamber online to surround yourself with to make you more comfortable about what you do believe. Just news... and if you wanted more news, you had to wait 23 hours and 30 minutes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 13:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This whole thing is Exhibit A of why social media is the devil (to quote Mama). From beginning to end it has every check point. Video/Photo catches apparent disgusting act. Leads to moral outrage and e-mob out for justice. Leads to other side rushing to defense. Leads to more analysis and further contextual explanations of situation, which leads to further opinions and statements and PR being put out by the participants. Leads to further analysis from the outside (where were the chaperones? Who are the Black Israelites?? Why are kids marching in an abortion rally??). Leads to further condemnations and further outrage and endless slanted media coverage and ultimately another spike in the division of this shitty country.

The right to life March has been happening forever. Every single private catholic school kid I've know goes in HS at least in the early 2000s. Some good dudes. However I think it's been perverted the last couple years (people trying to make names, etc...). Honestly I think they get school off for it now.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-22, 13:35

I see that some of us have fallen victim to the PR narrative. Cool.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 13:36

Rocinante wrote:I see that some of us have fallen victim to the PR narrative. Cool.
yep - however much money Mommy and Daddy spent on the PR campaign appears to have worked. Rolling Eyes

imagine if Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown's family could've afforded a PR campaign? I suspect they could barely afford to pay the funeral expense for their unarmed black children that were murdered.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I see that some of us have fallen victim to the PR narrative. Cool.
yep - however much money Mommy and Daddy spent on the PR campaign appears to have worked. Rolling Eyes

imagine if Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown's family could've afforded a PR campaign? I suspect they could barely afford to pay the funeral expense for their unarmed black children that were murdered.

True. I was just thinking that. Why hire a PR firm. Worst thing I did in HS was light off fireworks in my Neighborhood over the 4th. I got grounded but that's the extent of trouble I caused (in fairness it was over a lake so we at least weren't aiming at homes).
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-22, 13:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

All they have to do is inject enough othersidism into the conversation to make people throw up their hands and say it's not worth it to call this out. Honestly, I feel kind of bad for the boys because they are destined to be complete fucking entitled assholes because their parents have failed them miserably. What the fuck. It's 2019 for chrissake, not 1919.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-01-22, 13:53

Cowards and Punks.  - Page 3 502811600 what a pathetic embarrassment for this school and its students. I’m guessing they decide to skip the Right to Life march next year.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 14:02

y2kMgrad wrote:Cowards and Punks.  - Page 3 502811600 what a pathetic embarrassment for this school and its students. I’m guessing they decide to skip the Right to Life march next year.

Nah they'll go back. Just more careful.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 14:19

Yeah, I got to work one morning and this co-worker was telling me about how he almost got into a fist fight on the subway platform. It happens. At any rate, I was like man you gotta be careful all that's going to happen is you are going to end up on youtube and be in some viral video. It's true, you can't do anything out in public anymore without some jackass video taping it and posting it on the web because they want to monetize the video. I honestly don't give a shit about all this my only take is the kids probably should have apologized. In 2019 just be the bigger man and lets all learn to heal and forgive.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 14:37

y2kMgrad wrote:Cowards and Punks.  - Page 3 502811600 what a pathetic embarrassment for this school and its students. I’m guessing they decide to skip the Right to Life march next year.
the sad part is that probably feel more empowered after this - even the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was taking up for them.. between that the mainstream media providing them cover (via the PR firm), why should they be embarrassed or ashamed of their behavior?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 14:38

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - however much money Mommy and Daddy spent on the PR campaign appears to have worked. Rolling Eyes

All they have to do is inject enough othersidism into the conversation to make people throw up their hands and say it's not worth it to call this out. Honestly, I feel kind of bad for the boys because they are destined to be complete fucking entitled assholes because their parents have failed them miserably. What the fuck. It's 2019 for chrissake, not 1919.
yep - that video (and much worse) is what we would've seen had their been cell phones during Brett Kavanaugh's high school days.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 14:56

Laura Ingraham is saying those kids are going to the White House to meet with Trump.

Cowards and Punks.  - Page 3 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-22, 15:01

steveschneider wrote:Laura Ingraham is saying those kids are going to the White House to meet with Trump.

What a circus this country has become.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 15:04

steveschneider wrote:Laura Ingraham is saying those kids are going to the White House to meet with Trump.

as predicted.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-22, 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

yep - that video (and much worse) is what we would've seen had their been cell phones during Brett Kavanaugh's high school days.

Watched the full 2 hour video that the PR firm (one of the partners is a former Mitch McConnell aide) has been pointing to as exonerating the boys. It doesn't. At all. It still shows these kids getting in Phillip's face and it still shows that PR firm kid laughing and smirking and all his buddies jumping and tomahawk chopping and clearly mocking his singing. How many times int he last year have we been told straight up that the thing we can see with our own fucking eyes isn't true? The PR firm statement said he was "in silent prayer".

WHAT THE FUCK.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 15:14

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - that video (and much worse) is what we would've seen had their been cell phones during Brett Kavanaugh's high school days.

Watched the full 2 hour video that the PR firm (one of the partners is a former Mitch McConnell aide) has been pointing to as exonerating the boys. It doesn't. At all. It still shows these kids getting in Phillip's face and it still shows that PR firm kid laughing and smirking and all his buddies jumping and tomahawk chopping and clearly mocking his singing. How many times int he last year have we been told straight up that the thing we can see with our own fucking eyes isn't true? The PR firm statement said he was "in silent prayer".

WHAT THE FUCK.
racism, bigotry, social media platforms and the mainstream media is a heckuva cocktail.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 15:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I'm pretty bearish on our future. I don't see American exceptionalism continuing at levels it once existed at and do buy into the argument that we are hurtling into an Idiocracy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-22, 15:32

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I'm pretty bearish on our future. I don't see American exceptionalism continuing at levels it once existed at and do buy into the argument that we are hurtling into an Idiocracy.

What was the last great thing America did? Put a man on the moon? Get Gorbachev to tear the down the wall?

If there's something more recent, I'd love to hear it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 15:38

looks like the mainstream media is continuing where the PR firm left off..

Savannah Guthrie
‏Verified account @SavannahGuthrie

Sitting down with Nicholas Sandmann - the student at the center of the protest controversy at the Lincoln Memorial. Airs tomorrow on @TODAYshow

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-22, 15:40

Wonder what would have happened if these were a group of black kids.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 15:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wonder what would have happened if these were a group of black kids.

They'd be dead.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 15:45

msugolfguy wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wonder what would have happened if these were a group of black kids.

They'd be dead.
and the GOP and mainstream media would be combing through their social media platforms to find potentially compromising pictures or posts to smear them with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-22, 15:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

They'd be dead.
and the GOP and mainstream media would be combing through their social media platforms to find potentially compromising pictures or posts to smear them with.

Truth. Well he smoked weed! Look!

Sure as hell wouldn't be hiring a PR firm either. Although maybe they should moving forward. Seems effective.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-22, 15:58

Part of that PR campaign (and any effective PR campaign these days) is tons of sock puppets posting very similar variations on the theme that "the black israelites are to blame" or "He drummed in their faces".

It certainly worked. Great template. Guess RunSwitch PR is going to be getting some more clients and quick.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 16:02

Rocinante wrote:Part of that PR campaign (and any effective PR campaign these days) is tons of sock puppets posting very similar variations on the theme that "the black israelites are to blame" or "He drummed in their faces".

It certainly worked. Great template. Guess RunSwitch PR is going to be getting some more clients and quick.
yep - and now the little white supremacists are going on a mainstream media victory tour..

yeah - this will do a lot to eliminate this sort of behavior.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-22, 16:29

I actually didn't read this before my previous posts, but it sums up my feelings pretty well.

Don't Doubt What You See With Your Own Eyes

One lesson of the past two days is that you will see what you want to see here, if you are determined to do so; that does not mean that there is anything to be seen but what is there. I see a frothing mass of MAGA youth—who, since we’re taking in all angles here, go to a school where students fairly recently wore blackface to a basketball game—frenzied and yelling and out of control. I see four black men who seem to belong to the Black Israelites—a threat to women in their orbit, but not to random white people they’re heckling—yelling insults at the students. Then I see Phillips, as he has stated from the beginning that he did, walk up to the teens, in what seems to be an attempt to diffuse the situation. I see them laughing and dancing, red MAGA hats bobbing up and down in glee. I see them yell in Phillips’ face, and I see that he doesn’t falter. I see the smugness of a group secure in its relative power over someone more vulnerable than they are. Nothing about the video showing the offensive language of Black Israelites changes how upsetting it was to see the Covington students, and Sandmann in particular, stare at Phillips with such contempt. I don’t see how you could watch this and think otherwise unless you’re willing to gaslight yourself, and others, in the service of granting undeserved sympathy to the privileged.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 16:50

Rocinante wrote:I actually didn't read this before my previous posts, but it sums up my feelings pretty well.

One lesson of the past two days is that you will see what you want to see here, if you are determined to do so; that does not mean that there is anything to be seen but what is there. I see a frothing mass of MAGA youth—who, since we’re taking in all angles here, go to a school where students fairly recently wore blackface to a basketball game—frenzied and yelling and out of control. I see four black men who seem to belong to the Black Israelites—a threat to women in their orbit, but not to random white people they’re heckling—yelling insults at the students. Then I see Phillips, as he has stated from the beginning that he did, walk up to the teens, in what seems to be an attempt to diffuse the situation. I see them laughing and dancing, red MAGA hats bobbing up and down in glee. I see them yell in Phillips’ face, and I see that he doesn’t falter. I see the smugness of a group secure in its relative power over someone more vulnerable than they are. Nothing about the video showing the offensive language of Black Israelites changes how upsetting it was to see the Covington students, and Sandmann in particular, stare at Phillips with such contempt. I don’t see how you could watch this and think otherwise unless you’re willing to gaslight yourself, and others, in the service of granting undeserved sympathy to the privileged.

Those Black Israelites were always in Times Square for a while. They seemed like nut jobs but for the most part were harmless. Some of their rants were actually funny and usually tourists would stop and listen to them bash white people. It was free entertainment.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-22, 16:54

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I actually didn't read this before my previous posts, but it sums up my feelings pretty well.

Those Black Israelites were always in Times Square for a while. They seemed like nut jobs but for the most part were harmless. Some of their rants were actually funny and usually tourists would stop and listen to them bash white people. It was free entertainment.

I just don't understand what they have to do AT ALL with the way the kids treated Phillips.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 17:16

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I just don't understand what they have to do AT ALL with the way the kids treated Phillips.
rune into the various mainstream media outlets in the coming days to hear about how they were actually praying for him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-22, 17:30

I get that the kids were disrespectful, but Phillips appeared to engage them, not the other way around. No one in their right mind would expect a respectful reception when the totality of the situation is considered.

To the extent that there was any tomahawk chopping or FSU/Atlanta style chants going on, that is unacceptable. The rest, I can't really manage to get too upset about now. Even chanting build the wall (which I haven't seen corroborated) wouldn't really bother me any more than it does in any other context.

In summary, this seems like run of the mill MAGA douchebaggery, not something that ought to be front page news.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-22, 18:50

Very slick PR release by Sandmann stating he was in silent prayer....by my account, AFTER the PR firm said he was in silent prayer..... JFC what has this shit hole country come to that you hire a PR firm to wash and rinse your bullshit for public consumption.  And what fucking right to teenage boys you haven't even gotten a finger stinky yet, get off telling women what they can do with their bodies.  There's a 100% chance that the first thing these derps parents would do is shove $500 the face of the girl for an abortion if their precious golden boys knocked a young lady up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-22, 18:59

It’s not rape if you enjoy it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next