Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Texas Tech

+11
Rocinante
DWags
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
SeeRockCity
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
steveschneider
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fuck Texas Tech Empty Fuck Texas Tech

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-01, 06:21

Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Fuck Texas Tech Empty Re: Fuck Texas Tech

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-01, 06:49

And fuck Bob Knight and his entire coaching tree.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-04-01, 07:26

Long game Steve -
24 hour rule, we are still celebrating Fuck Duke, plenty of time to hate the Red Raiders.
You are going to wear yourself out.

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-01, 07:45

Wally Fairway wrote:Long game Steve -
24 hour rule, we are still celebrating Fuck Duke, plenty of time to hate the Red Raiders.
You are going to wear yourself out.

I appreciate the concern, Wally.

Seeing the Breslin rockin past midnight and into the am hours keeps me going. [tw]1112574054551224320[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 08:41

Who is the better defensive team duke or TT? Feel like we are going to have an easier time getting our shot off and avoiding blocked shots in the paint.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-02, 09:26

steveschneider wrote:Who is the better defensive team duke or TT? Feel like we are going to have an easier time getting our shot off and avoiding blocked shots in the paint.  

TT and it's not even close.  Not terribly lengthy outside of Owens and Odiase.

They held Duke to 38% shooting @ Madison Square garden but had 23 turnovers themselves. In their losses they've shot horribly. Stands to reason....but if MSU plays solid as usual defensively, we have a great shot at advancing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-02, 09:45

I watched the TT/Michigan game. Seems like they swipe the ball on a consistent basis down low. Tillman & Ward need to be strong with the handle.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 09:54

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Who is the better defensive team duke or TT? Feel like we are going to have an easier time getting our shot off and avoiding blocked shots in the paint.  

They held Duke to 38% shooting @ Madison Square garden but had 23 turnovers themselves. In their losses they've shot horribly. Stands to reason....but if MSU plays solid as usual defensively, we have a great shot at advancing.

The game I watched vs Michigan I thought Simpson played like dog shit. I thought Michigan got good looks at the basket with their other shooters, they were just piss poor shooting that night. I thought Duke's shot blocking was off the charts and it seemed to really get in our heads. Maybe TT will have better success at forcing turn overs on us than Duke did.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-02, 09:57

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The game I watched vs Michigan I thought Simpson played like dog shit. I thought Michigan got good looks at the basket with their other shooters, they were just piss poor shooting that night. I thought Duke's shot blocking was off the charts and it seemed to really get in our heads. Maybe TT will have better success at forcing turn overs on us than Duke did.

The passing was crisp in the Duke game. The only guy I saw making any really careless passes was Henry. I'm sure he's been talked to about that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 10:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The passing was crisp in the Duke game. The only guy I saw making any really careless passes was Henry. I'm sure he's been talked to about that.

Yeah, it really was. I thought both LSU and Duke had the more athletic players. LSU was a shit show at times on defense and I chalk that up to coaching but their guard could really get into Winston at times. Duke's length and shot blocking seemed to keep us from getting good looks. For some reason I just feel like we are going to have an easier time against TT.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-02, 10:52

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Agree. If we hit 40% of the open looks SCum went 0% on, that about 18 points. We're immeasurably better rebounding team than SCum and they out rebounded TT by 6. Granted TT sot low 40's % wise. Limit turnovers, hit your avg from 3, rebound, advance...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 11:09

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Agree. If we hit 40% of the open looks SCum went 0% on, that about 18 points. We're immeasurably better rebounding team than SCum and they out rebounded TT by 6. Granted TT sot low 40's % wise. Limit turnovers, hit your avg from 3, rebound, advance...

Yeah, and Teske had some success early on in the paint. Ward and Tillman will probably get some. Looked at the stats Simpson was hot garbage that night and only put up one point. I think better PG play will be the difference.

I didn't watch any Gonzaga games this year. Did you see TT vs Gonzaga?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 11:30

Just watched one of those condensed edits of the TT vs Gonzaga game and looked at the stat sheet.

Gonzaga shot really poorly from the 3. 7/26 for 26.9%.

Watching Gonzaga wasn't that impressed with their D. 3pt shooters wide open and a lot of break downs under the basket giving TT easy dunks. I expect Goins, Tillman and Ward to do a lot better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-04-02, 11:39

I predict with their size and length and our ability for find the open man that we will end up fucking them right in the skull...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-04-02, 11:40

Fuck these fucking Red Raiders. I'd kick them in the balls, but they don't have any. So instead, I burned everything in my house that is red.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-02, 11:40

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, and Teske had some success early on in the paint. Ward and Tillman will probably get some. Looked at the stats Simpson was hot garbage that night and only put up one point. I think better PG play will be the difference.

I didn't watch any Gonzaga games this year. Did you see TT vs Gonzaga?

No I missed most of the TT/Zaga game. But I did see Zaga had a poor shooting night.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 11:42

Good read ...

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2019/04/02/michigan-state-basketball-opposing-coach-how-beat-texas-tech/3338280002/
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-04-02, 12:09

Not sure if this has been posted here, but it is an interesting watch

Basically, we're going to have a difficult time slashing to the basket in the middle and from the baseline, but that's not really our game this year anyway. Watch for a lot of drives on the baseline to draw the double, then find the open man for either a Tillman/Ward put back or a Cassius floater.

If McQuaid and Goins are hot from the three, we win easily. I don't think their offense is good at covering a stretch four.

Just my take.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-02, 12:20

SeeRockCity wrote:Not sure if this has been posted here, but it is an interesting watch

Basically, we're going to have a difficult time slashing to the basket in the middle and from the baseline, but that's not really our game this year anyway. Watch for a lot of drives on the baseline to draw the double, then find the open man for either a Tillman/Ward put back or a Cassius floater.

If McQuaid and Goins are hot from the three, we win easily. I don't think their offense is good at covering a stretch four.

Just my take.

Fuck Texas Tech 992749028
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-04-02, 12:22

kingstonlake wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Not sure if this has been posted here, but it is an interesting watch

Just my take.

Fuck Texas Tech 992749028

Uh oh
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 13:00

Interesting video. Thanks for posting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-02, 14:01

FUCK YOU TEXAS TECH YOU RED MOTHER FUCKERS!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-04-02, 21:22

For anyone wanting to scout the Red Fuckwads, CBS Sports Network is having a TTU marathon. 2nd half of Buffalo is on now, with their UM game at 10 and Gonzaga at 12.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-03, 09:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:For anyone wanting to scout the Red Fuckwads, CBS Sports Network is having a TTU marathon. 2nd half of Buffalo is on now, with their UM game at 10 and Gonzaga at 12.

I saw a lot of praise for Buffalo yesterday saying they were really good. Seriously?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-04, 11:35

Starting to get anxious about this game. I see this as a great opportunity for a 2nd title. Part of me sees this team as playing with house money, but it's hard not to see what a great opportunity for championship #2. TT the more I read about them the more they seem like us in certain respects. A team people look past, full of upper class men, play together as a team, solid defense, high bball IQ, etc. Worried they have that chip on their shoulder to prove something.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-04-04, 12:05

Fuck this house money narrative. When was the last time we were in a final 4 that is this winnable? Let’s get this shit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-04-04, 12:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck this house money narrative. When was the last time we were in a final 4 that is this winnable? Let’s get this shit.

I feel like TT is the bigger challenge, if we knock them off (with no further injuries), I really like our chances Monday.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-04, 12:28

We have to be the favorites at this point. Sure Virgina might have a point or two on us but fuck it we have a coach with experience. We win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-04, 12:58

Vegas has the game being close. It's going to probably be the best defense we've faced and they have a great player in Jarrett Culver who I guess is the best future pro left in the tournament.

Saturday can't get here quick enough.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-04-04, 13:14

steveschneider wrote:Vegas has the game being close.
What is the spread... can't googles "Betting line" at work... auto-blocks...

Guess, we are favored by 3.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-04, 13:31

I trust Tom. If the guys keep executing the game plan like they’ve been, I ain’t scared.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-04-04, 15:49

steveschneider wrote:Vegas has the game being close. It's going to probably be the best defense we've faced and they have a great player in Jarrett Culver who I guess is the best future pro left in the tournament.

Saturday can't get here quick enough.

Fuck that chucker
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-04-04, 16:59

Fucking Nate Silver, East Lansing native & founder of fivethirtyeight.com, fucking jinxing motherfucking jinxer thowing shit like this out on the .com

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-anything-stop-cassius-winston/

Winston’s combination of passing and scoring efficiency makes him an outlier among high-major players. wrote:
Fuck Texas Tech Lourim-WINSTON-0404-1
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-04-04, 17:16

Wally Fairway wrote:Fucking Nate Silver, East Lansing native & founder of fivethirtyeight.com, fucking jinxing motherfucking jinxer thowing shit like this out on the .com

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-anything-stop-cassius-winston/

Winston’s combination of passing and scoring efficiency makes him an outlier among high-major players. wrote:
Fuck Texas Tech Lourim-WINSTON-0404-1

Nate Silver ain't stopping Cash
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-04-04, 18:12

I expect us to be well prepared with a game plan to face that defense. And if that doesn't work, we are one scrappy fucking team. The Duke game is only the most recent example, but it's been that way all year in those tough road games, the 3 wins over UM, etc. A crucial O rebound and putback here, a big stop there. We just....find a way. If we can keep that up, we can win ugly if necessary.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-04, 22:18

Texas Tech can take a long walk off a short pier.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-04-05, 09:51

FIRE up - fucking 36 hours ..... I'm itching to fight ......

where is the Texas Tech message board, because nothing ever went wrong with a board invasion.

Hey, what's this lying around shit?

I'm thinking of registering as tTy, g-Host, or Tanfan and giving a good 5 minute blast before the inevitable banning.
Who is with me! c'mon

Last edited by Wally Fairway on 2019-04-05, 09:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fucking auto correct g-Host (and fuck TempeTantrum or whatever that bullshit is)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-05, 10:02

Two stats that stand out to me.

TT is 11-2 on the year vs teams that average more than 77 ppg.

MSU is 11-0 vs team that give up less than 64 ppg.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-05, 10:03

Wally Fairway wrote:FIRE up - fucking 36 hours ..... I'm itching to fight ......

where is the Texas Tech message board, because nothing ever went wrong with a board invasion.

Hey, what's this lying around shit?

I'm thinking of registering as tTy, g-Host, or Tanfan and giving a good 5 minute blast before the inevitable banning.
Who is with me! c'mon

A part of me feels to old for this shit but since there's a championship on the line what the hell.

Send me a link and lets coordinate a time to invade.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-05, 15:42

I don't even know what thread to put this in, so here. No way are we losing to TT after this. Fuck them.

[tw]1114245287202177024[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next