Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

49ers tech-out their stadium

+3
steveschneider
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
7 posters

Go down

49ers tech-out their stadium Empty 49ers tech-out their stadium

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-08-19, 02:16

For starters, there are 680 free Wi-Fi access points distributed around the stadium. That’s nearly one access point for every hundred fans. The access points are supported by a blazing, 40-Gbps fiber-optic cable backbone that delivers broadband speeds 40 times faster than any other NFL stadium.

...Catering to the ubiquitous smartphone and tablet users, the team developed an app that will change the fan experience at the stadium...

...the app can lead fans from their cars directly to their seats and back after the game, reducing one of the big pain points of attending a crowded game. Getting around the stadium is more convenient, too, as the app can guide fans to the nearest bathroom or stadium restaurant. As most of us know, getting up for a hot dog or popcorn could mean missing a game-changing play. But the 49ers app now lets all fans — not just luxury box ticket holders — order food on their phones or tablets and have it delivered directly to their seats. And if you do have to leave your seat, you can watch high-definition replays on your mobile device immediately after the play.

San Francisco 49ers Flex Their Technology Muscles

App would work well at Spartan..."Adjacent you will find the two bathrooms; however, they're both at capacity." The replay feature is awesome though
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

49ers tech-out their stadium Empty Re: 49ers tech-out their stadium

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-19, 08:22

I wonder how well it will work with a full stadium. Does each wifi point support the 40gb speeds? Hmmm, after typing that out, I realized that they have 40gb not 40mb. Damn, that's a pretty cool feature to have. I went to Dolphin stadium and it was 1/2 full and I had a hard time connecting to their shitty AT&T wifi.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-08-19, 11:57

So there's going to be a bunch of people staring at their smart phone screens trying to walk around the stadium?

What's so fucking hard about looking at the gate number, the row number and seat number? Do we really need technology to help with this simple task?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-19, 12:56

steveschneider wrote:So there's going to be a bunch of people staring at their smart phone screens trying to walk around the stadium?

What's so fucking hard about looking at the gate number, the row number and seat number? Do we really need technology to help with this simple task?

What does this have to do with Jim Harbaugh hiring Charlie Weis to be his personal shopper?

49ers tech-out their stadium Charlie_Weis_icon_19742603

49ers tech-out their stadium Jimmy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-19, 15:07

As long as I can get service, such as texting and phone calls, I will be happy.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-19, 15:31

I hate SF sports fans. Went to a Giants game in April and they were just the worst. They need their smartphones for everything, and spend most of the game fiddling around with them. So tame and they don't deserve teams like the 49ers and Giants.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-08-19, 15:36

SpartanHT wrote:I hate SF sports fans. Went to a Giants game in April and they were just the worst. They need their smartphones for everything, and spend most of the game fiddling around with them. So tame and they don't deserve teams like the 49ers and Giants.

I loved Candlestick for baseball, can't stand the new park. You went from real fans to douche bag yuppies that are just there to post a selfie on social media.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-19, 17:40

steveschneider wrote:

I loved Candlestick for baseball, can't stand the new park. You went from real fans to douche bag yuppies that are just there to post a selfie on social media.

I was there for a Dodgers-Giants game with my ex, who lives there. We went to the Coliseum the next night for Astros-A's. The Astros-A's game was way more intense than the Dodgers-Giants game. For all the hype about that rivalry, I thought Dodgers-Giants would be a lot more intense, and in no universe should an Astros-A's game be more intense. The worst was the ex and her yuppie friends got all offended when I said the Coliseum had a way better atmosphere. Get off your damn phones and actually cheer for your team.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan 2014-08-20, 07:24

SpartanHT wrote:

I was there for a Dodgers-Giants game with my ex, who lives there. We went to the Coliseum the next night for Astros-A's. The Astros-A's game was way more intense than the Dodgers-Giants game. For all the hype about that rivalry, I thought Dodgers-Giants would be a lot more intense, and in no universe should an Astros-A's game be more intense. The worst was the ex and her yuppie friends got all offended when I said the Coliseum had a way better atmosphere. Get off your damn phones and actually cheer for your team.

I had the EXACT same experience (even with the Giants-Dodgers 'rivalry'). Fans in SF don't seem to understand you leave your seat between innings; not in the middle of at-bats.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-08-20, 08:26

SpartanHT wrote:

Been to all three. Went to an A's vs. Giants game in the Coliseum and you are correct it was pretty damn intense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down