Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy?

+23
NigelUno
MSU addict
Trapper Gus
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Nordic
duffy munn
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy? - Page 3 Empty Re: Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy?

Post by Rick Saunders Fri 28 Jan 2022 - 10:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:Rhone the Librarian was a one-hit wonder.

Stick a Fourques in him. Aspired to be Le Grande Rhone, ended up Le Petit Rhone.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy? - Page 3 Empty Re: Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy?

Post by DWags Fri 28 Jan 2022 - 12:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:Rhone the Librarian was a one-hit wonder.

More fuel to my tin foil hat conspiracy theory that they dummied down the answers. They wanted to get rid of her, or at the very least wanted her competition to have a chance at beating her.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 23 Feb 2022 - 19:59

I didn’t know they had a tie breaker on Jeopardy. Tonight two tied at 34K. They had a one question tie breaker. I honestly thought they both came back
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 23 Feb 2022 - 20:10

DWags wrote:I didn’t know they had a tie breaker on Jeopardy. Tonight two tied at 34K. They had a one question tie breaker. I honestly thought they both came back

Seen that tie-breaker twice in the last couple of weeks. Once was on the college jeopardy when there was a three-way tie. It's like NFL overtime and it sucks. They should come back.

Hats off to the lady tonight, sharp cookie.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 23 Feb 2022 - 20:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:I didn’t know they had a tie breaker on Jeopardy. Tonight two tied at 34K. They had a one question tie breaker. I honestly thought they both came back

Seen that tie-breaker twice in the last couple of weeks. Once was on the college jeopardy when there was a three-way tie. It's like NFL overtime and it sucks. They should come back.

True. She kind of had screwed herself with the final jeopardy bet. She deserved to win but made an error in betting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 23 Feb 2022 - 20:15

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

True. She kind of had screwed herself with the final jeopardy bet. She deserved to win but made an error in betting.

Yep. She had to figure that if the Doctor bet it all she'd have to bet $1 more to beat that. Math failure.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 23 Feb 2022 - 20:16

If you spent more time in the greater Big Rapids/Reed City metropolitan area, you might know more of these truly important nuggets of information.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 23 Feb 2022 - 20:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Is her name really sharp cookie, Floyd?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 24 Feb 2022 - 6:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

No reason to get (chocolate) chippy with Floyd.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 24 Feb 2022 - 8:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No reason to get (chocolate) chippy with Floyd.

Bob's not sugarcoating things here. Quit being a flake.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 24 Feb 2022 - 9:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: No reason to get (chocolate) chippy with Floyd.

Bob's not sugarcoating things here. Quit being a flake.

Either way, she won a lot of dough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 7 Mar 2022 - 19:49

Dude on Jeopardy right now was all bragidicio about getting a perfect score on his SAT and has -$2000

Edit: -$2400, didn't make final Jeopardy

Last edited by Nordic on Mon 7 Mar 2022 - 23:54; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 7 Mar 2022 - 21:47

Nordic wrote:Dude on Jeopardy right now was all bragidicio about scouring a perfect SAT and has -2000

Edit: -2400, didn't make final Jeopardy

Reminds me of drunk Dwags, boarding a canoe on the Pine, and a kid and his dad portaging a canoe to put in. Kid looks at my drunk friend and I and says, "Hey guys, you should maybe have some shoes on". I can't remember if drunk friend or Drunk Dwags says to the kid and his dad, "We know what we're doing". Well, I think we almost drown before we got to the first bend. They were way better than we were and they looked at us so sympathetically it was humiliating. Lesson learned.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 14 Apr 2022 - 19:57

This contestant Mattea from Canada is pretty good. Eight day roll now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 19:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:This contestant Mattea from Canada is pretty good. Eight day roll now.
I dig Mattea.

I get the feeling she's a "love/hate" type of contestant, but I'm totally Team Mattea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 19:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This contestant Mattea from Canada is pretty good. Eight day roll now.
I dig Mattea.

I get the feeling she's a "love/hate" type of contestant, but I'm totally Team Mattea.

I like her, but she's getting cocky lately. She also talks with her weird-looking hands too much. Other than that, I'm impressed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I dig Mattea.

I like her, but she's getting cocky lately. She also talks with her weird-looking hands too much. Other than that, I'm impressed.

Does she also happen to be of Italian descent? Asking for DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:

definitely quirky, but impressive for a 23 year old.

Somehow the dude with pink hair made Mattea seem rather pedestrian. And Reya was a little odd, as well.

Almost like it's a new generation of Jeopardy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

definitely quirky, but impressive for a 23 year old.

Somehow the dude with pink hair made Mattea seem rather pedestrian. And Reya was a little odd, as well.

Odd people are the new normal lol.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: definitely quirky, but impressive for a 23 year old.

When everyone is odd, no one is odd.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: definitely quirky, but impressive for a 23 year old.

Too many Canadians condensed into one half-hour game show will alter reality both perceptually and for realzies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 21:05

I was cheering for eraser head, cause his eraser for a head.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 22:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I dig Mattea.

Agree, she seems like just a nice girl. A bit quirky, but in a charming way.

A bit too conservative with her bets though. A few days ago, both of her opponents had negative totals, so she had no opposition in final jeopardy. She could have bet everything, but $1 and still be guaranteed to win, but she only bet like $1000 or something. C'mon girl, live a little. Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy? - Page 3 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 7:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Agree, she seems like just a nice girl. A bit quirky, but in a charming way.

A bit too conservative with her bets though. A few days ago, both of her opponents had negative totals, so she had no opposition in final jeopardy. She could have bet everything, but $1 and still be guaranteed to win, but she only bet like $1000 or something. C'mon girl, live a little. Y'all Been Watching The Dude on Jeopardy? - Page 3 502811600

That was a weird night, I'd never seen only one contestant in final Jeopardy (in my long history of watching going back to Amy's first week).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 11:31

tGreenWay wrote:

Too many Canadians condensed into one half-hour game show will alter reality both perceptually and for realzies.

Anyone else impressed with the frequency on Jeopardy with which Canadian citizens (including Mattea) smoke US citizens on US history and government?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 11:38

Rick Saunders wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Anyone else impressed with the frequency on Jeopardy with which Canadian citizens (including Mattea) smoke US citizens on US history and government?

Not in the least. One nation takes its responsibility to educate its students very seriously. And then there’s the good ol’ US of A.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 19:47

Mattea has her hands full in Double Jeopardy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 19:50

How bout that $8000 bet in Daily Double?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 19:57

Wow what a finish!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 21:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:How bout that $8000 bet in Daily Double?
Onions!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 7:55

that was very unMattea-like.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 8:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
that was very unMattea-like.

Yep. In the end, it made the difference. Like she said, she'd had a good run and it was either going to work or she was going out in a blaze of glory. (not her exact words, but something like that)
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 19:51

Mattea in trouble again!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 19:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mattea in trouble again!

Going to be some interesting final Jeopardy bets with such a tight contest.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 19:57

Whoa Mattea, Miami is definitely impressed now Shocked Shocked
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 19:57

Mattea moves on!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 21:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:Whoa Mattea, Miami is definitely impressed now Shocked Shocked

I am, that was great. I mean, I've been impressed with her all along, but it is good to see her make the big bets when she needs to (like the 8000 bet on the daily double yesterday when the score was tight). She hasn't had a lot of times where she needed to make that decision with it ao close.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 4 May 2022 - 19:49

Mattea still rockin' it. Looks like she's about to win her 22nd in a row.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 5 May 2022 - 20:26

Mattea with the Hail Mary at the end!!!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 6 May 2022 - 20:11

No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next