Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend??

+9
steveschneider
The Pantry
InTenSity
aualum06
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
13 posters

Go down

What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? Empty What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend??

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-26, 15:19

probably hit up a couple of High Life's soon.. tunes cranked up. I suspect the weekend will entail some sort of combination of Dagwoods, The Peanut Barrel.. maybe out to The Mayfair.. possibly Stobers. We'll see.

my wife, as I mentioned in the whiskey thread, has been on a Scotch kick of late (Glenlivet, to be exact - and all of the various aged offerings).. I picked up a 12 pack of Old Style.

regardless, cheers to my pals on tSwill and be safe. Make good decisions. What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? Empty Re: What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend??

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-26, 15:28

Had today off. Already a couple of Old Fashions in. (Larceny)

Jets are cooled for a bit until the kiddo goes to bed tonight.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? Empty Re: What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend??

Post by NigelUno 2019-04-26, 16:02

Bought an extra 4 pack of M43 for someone, but I can't remember who...so, I'm going to drink them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-26, 16:19

Two-Hearted. That’s my default beer that’s always in the refrigerator.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-26, 16:28

tGreenWay wrote:Two-Hearted. That’s my default beer that’s always in the refrigerator.

You fridge the beer?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-04-26, 16:34

Angry orchard. I know I'm a weirdo
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-26, 16:35

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Two-Hearted. That’s my default beer that’s always in the refrigerator.

You fridge the beer?

Can’t. The fruit takes up all the space.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-04-26, 17:07

NigelUno wrote:Bought an extra 4 pack of M43 for someone, but I can't remember who...so, I'm going to drink them.
I just bought a 4 pack. Never had it before. I'm in Jackson with family. I plan on drinking heavily.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-04-26, 17:28

Yeah, usually have that in the fridge. Have a few KBS sitting in there now too. Was scanning the shelves at the beer store couple weeks ago looking for something different. Found something from Keweenaw Brewing Company (South Range, MI...a place Bob will never go) called Pick Axe. Only scores a 3.29 at Beer Advocate, but I like it and will grab another six when I see it again.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-26, 19:48

Going to get a nice Pilsner in a little bit. It’s been my flavor these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-26, 22:58

Got a perfect buzz. About to flip on the Warriors game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-26, 23:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:probably hit up a couple of High Life's soon.. tunes cranked up. I suspect the weekend will entail some sort of combination of Dagwoods, The Peanut Barrel.. maybe out to The Mayfair.. possibly Stobers. We'll see.

my wife, as I mentioned in the whiskey thread, has been on a Scotch kick of late (Glenlivet, to be exact - and all of the various aged offerings).. I picked up a 12 pack of Old Style.

regardless, cheers to my pals on tSwill and be safe. Make good decisions. What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? 969504605

Had my normal two High Lifes at Dags at Happy hour. Stopped at the local Kroger to pick up something to cook on the grill and the 12 pack of original coors jumped off the shelf at me. Figured I was going to have a banquet why not also have beer.

8 left in case I want to have more banquets over the weekend
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-27, 16:00

4 beers duff? Lame.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-04-27, 16:04

NigelUno wrote:Bought an extra 4 pack of M43 for someone, but I can't remember who...so, I'm going to drink them.

I saw this today. 13$ for a four pack, would have bought a single to see if I liked it but they didn't have any
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-04-27, 16:17

I’m currently drinking Natty Light in Bob’s garage while listening to his Toby Keith collection.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-04-27, 17:05

If anyone wants to crash a wedding in Okemos, I can tell you where to go.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-27, 17:07

InTenSity wrote:If anyone wants to crash a wedding in Okemos, I can tell you where to go.

Nobody here is in ISIS, bruh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-27, 18:04

Turtleneck wrote:I’m currently drinking Natty Light in Bob’s garage while listening to his Toby Keith collection.
What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? 502811600

So far, I've hit up two of the joints originally mentioned.. I'm in for the rest of tonight.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-27, 18:05

duffy munn wrote:
Had my normal two High Lifes at Dags at Happy hour. Stopped at the local Kroger to pick up something to cook on the grill and the 12 pack of original coors jumped off the shelf at me. Figured I was going to have a banquet why not also have beer.

well done.

I, too, stopped into Dagwood's last night.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-04-27, 19:28

Even though Bob says he doesn’t have a car, there is a sweet Iroc Z in his garage with a Whitesnake sticker on the bumper.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-27, 20:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

well done.

One of these days Bob. One of these days.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-27, 20:06

Two hot Sake's with dinner tonight at Ukai. That damn rice wine gives me a really good buzz. Now home and going to work on the remaining banquet beers.

Ps. Dinner was good too. Filet with all the regular Ukai stuff.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-29, 12:49

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

well done.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-04-29, 13:08

I hit a bottle of 91% rye whiskey for the first time. I really enjoyed it, and may need to move to Canada.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-29, 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

This would require us both to be out at night.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-29, 14:04

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

This would require us both to be out at night.
good point.. What/Where Are Y'all Drinking This Weekend?? 502811600

I'm usually in my jammies by about 8:00.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-10, 13:13

what's the plan, gangsters?

I have a prior obligation early this evening.. then might hit up a drinkin' joint or two. Otherwise, a pretty laid back weekend.. tunes, beer, naps.

I have some Old Style's a home.. maybe a Stroh's or two.. picked up some Coors Banquet Beer the other day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-10, 14:00

I have a busy weekend.
Today - Leaving work early, wife's birthday. She wants to go see Endgame, so we are hitting up the 7 pm show. Which means going to dinner at 5. Works for me because the happy hour at this place is pretty good. 2 for 1 beers and all they have is craft.
Tomorrow - Wake up, painter should be over around 9 to paint the back of my house, swim class for my son from 10:30 to 11:30. Then we have a birthday party from 1 - 6. We need to leave that because I have tickets to Brew at the Zoo, and we got the VIP's, so that means get in an hour early, have access to VIP area, which includes food and liquor and access to the BrewMaster beers that GA doesn't have access to. That's from 7-11.
Mothers day is recovery day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-10, 14:22

InTenSity wrote:I have a busy weekend.
Today - Leaving work early, wife's birthday. She wants to go see Endgame, so we are hitting up the 7 pm show. Which means going to dinner at 5. Works for me because the happy hour at this place is pretty good. 2 for 1 beers and all they have is craft.
Tomorrow - Wake up, painter should be over around 9 to paint the back of my house, swim class for my son from 10:30 to 11:30. Then we have a birthday party from 1 - 6. We need to leave that because I have tickets to Brew at the Zoo, and we got the VIP's, so that means get in an hour early, have access to VIP area, which includes food and liquor and access to the BrewMaster beers that GA doesn't have access to. That's from 7-11.

That VIP access sounds great. Are you finding they have a lot of pilsners and lagers? That seems to be the new trend with the microbrew scene around here.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-10, 14:40

steveschneider wrote:

That VIP access sounds great. Are you finding they have a lot of pilsners and lagers? That seems to be the new trend with the microbrew scene around here.
Can I let you know on Monday? They are advertising 100 different beers.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-10, 14:53

a 5 hour birthday party?? Shocked

Thanks for the reminder about Mother's Day - I gotta text the kid to make sure she remembers..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-10, 15:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
a 5 hour birthday party?? Shocked

Thanks for the reminder about Mother's Day - I gotta text the kid to make sure she remembers..
Yes, its a pool party. There is usually a lot of food and drinks. I have to remember not to drink or eat too much at the party, because of the brew at teh zoo afterwards. S. Florida parties are not the same as MI parties. If we show up at 1, we'll be the first ones there. Hell, we will probably still be early if we show up at 2. The 6 is a target time, but it could go until 8, kind of depends if there is a game on and how long the liquor is available. I'll be gone before that though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down