Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship

+2
The Pantry
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship Empty What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-09, 21:01

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/05/09/white-house-red-sox-world-cup-series-champions/39466249/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship Empty Re: What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship

Post by The Pantry 2019-05-09, 23:09

Love all the Detroit Championships going back to the Tigers in 68. The 2002 Red Wings are probably my favorite, not because they won the cup but because they creamed the Avalanche 7-0 in game 7 of the WCF. Remember where I was listening to game on radio and it was 4-0 end of the 1st period. IIRC Colorado pulled Roy-waaah before the period was over.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship Empty Re: What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-09, 23:13

I love the Ryder Cup. What is your favorite championship game or series? I like the World Cup Series Championship 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-09, 23:41

The Pantry wrote:Love all the Detroit Championships going back to the Tigers in 68. The 2002 Red Wings are probably my favorite, not because they won the cup but because they creamed the Avalanche 7-0 in game 7 of the WCF. Remember where I was listening to game on radio and it was 4-0 end of the 1st period. IIRC Colorado pulled Roy-waaah before the period was over.

That was a great game. Still go back and watch the highlights from time to time.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-10, 02:08

For a specific game(s), as much as I want to say the ‘79 and ‘00 NCAA title games, it would have to be game 5 of the ‘84 WS when the Tigers beat the Padres. My dad and I were there. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few months later, which turned that Series winner into the last game we ever went to together before he died. He was a lifelong Cardinals fan, but I knew he was having as much fun as I was that night, too. Great game, even better memories.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-10, 05:57

I like the World Cup of the English language.

It's kind of like Super Bowl Saturday rolled into the Final Five with a dash of game 9 of the World Series.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-10, 07:25

tGreenWay wrote:For a specific game(s), as much as I want to say the ‘79 and ‘00 NCAA title games, it would have to be game 5 of the ‘84 WS when the Tigers beat the Padres. My dad and I were there. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few months later, which turned that Series winner into the last game we ever went to together before he died. He was a lifelong Cardinals fan, but I knew he was having as much fun as I was that night, too. Great game, even better memories.

Wow. That is a great memory.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-05-10, 08:22

The Red Socks.

Is that a new team?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-10, 10:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like the World Cup of the English language.

It's kind of like Super Bowl Saturday rolled into the Final Five with a dash of game 9 of the World Series.

You should come over in a couple of weeks and we’ll watch The Bee.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down