Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+32
DWags
NumbersDude
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
I.B. Fine
GirbaudJeans
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Dendrobates
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
pulling69
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
SeeRockCity
MSU addict
Senior Dickfist
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
36 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry Sat 22 Jul 2023 - 12:53

DWags wrote:I am smoking a butt on my gas grill. Cooked for an hour and a half and the gas ran out. Temperature of the butt was 112. Took me 35 minutes to go get a propane tank hooked back up started cooking again. Is that OK? The meat never got cooler than 106 I don’t want to die or kill my wife or in-laws tonight
It'll be fine. What wood are you using?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by DWags Sat 22 Jul 2023 - 12:57

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:I am smoking a butt on my gas grill. Cooked for an hour and a half and the gas ran out. Temperature of the butt was 112. Took me 35 minutes to go get a propane tank hooked back up started cooking again. Is that OK? The meat never got cooler than 106 I don’t want to die or kill my wife or in-laws tonight
It'll be fine. What wood are you using?

I put some hickory in one of those metal smoke boxes. I ususally do butts on my smoker but I don’t have one at the cottage.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 22 Jul 2023 - 13:01

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:It'll be fine. What wood are you using?

I put some hickory in one of those metal smoke boxes. I ususally do butts on my smoker but I don’t have one at the cottage.
Only issue you might have is time. If bone-in you'll know when it's done.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 23 Jul 2023 - 17:29

Like Gardetto's original snack mix. Wasn't aware my favorite part of that mix was available on its own until today.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 Gardet10

Thinking about using it in meatloaf in place of breadcrumbs.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 23 Jul 2023 - 18:09

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
It'll be fine.  What wood are you using?

I put some hickory in one of those metal smoke boxes.  I ususally do butts on my smoker but I don’t have one at the cottage.
How'd it go?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 23 Jul 2023 - 19:25

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

I put some hickory in one of those metal smoke boxes.  I ususally do butts on my smoker but I don’t have one at the cottage.
How'd it go?

Pork was great. Thanks for asking. 9 hour cook for a 25 minute eat. Wife had sandwiches with coleslaw today for lunch. I think that 8 lb butt cost 15 dollars. Best Buy in meat I believe. Fed 4 in two meals. Still have some too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 17:16

Margarita pizzas on the Traeger tonight. And a little Sangria.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 17:25

Been experimenting for a while with pizzas over the campfire. Turned out pretty good last week
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 17:41

aualum06 wrote:Been experimenting for a while with pizzas over the campfire. Turned out pretty good last week

We use the Naan bread for our crusts. Not to be confused with the Naan pizza crusts, which are not as good.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 26 Aug 2023 - 9:35

Jimmy Dean Thick Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon

Oven 375

That is all.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 26 Aug 2023 - 9:54

I think this afternoon is make salsa afternoon
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 8 Sep 2023 - 23:18

Smoked meatloaf a few times.  Very good.  Always cooked it on doubled HD foil.  

Enlightenment from the BBQ board

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 Smoked10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 Sep 2023 - 23:19

Nice
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 9 Sep 2023 - 21:55

Got BBQ sauce from a coworker the other day.  His brother makes and bottles it.  Decided to give it a try on some baby backs today.  First time doing ribs on the Ninja Woodfire.  Seasoned the ribs with Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub, which has been good on everything I've tried it on.  Used cherry pellets for the smoke.  Hour and 45 minute total cook time at 300°.  Put the sauce on for the last 10 minutes.  Pretty good.  Will cut the sauce time back to 7-8 minutes next try.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 20230910
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates, DWags and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 9 Sep 2023 - 22:04

Found an old pasta machine last week. Cranked out some fresh pasta.

Don't recall ever doing it before. Pretty easy. And tastes great.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Sep 2023 - 22:04

The Pantry wrote:Got BBQ sauce from a coworker the other day.  His brother makes and bottles it.  Decided to give it a try on some baby backs today.  First time doing ribs on the Ninja Woodfire.  Seasoned the ribs with Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub, which has been good on everything I've tried it on.  Used cherry pellets for the smoke.  Hour and 45 minute total cook time at 300°.  Put the sauce on for the last 10 minutes.  Pretty good.  Will cut the sauce time back to 7-8 minutes next try.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 20230910

The picture says you nailed them
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 9 Sep 2023 - 22:35

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Got BBQ sauce from a coworker the other day.  His brother makes and bottles it.  Decided to give it a try on some baby backs today.  First time doing ribs on the Ninja Woodfire.  Seasoned the ribs with Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub, which has been good on everything I've tried it on.  Used cherry pellets for the smoke.  Hour and 45 minute total cook time at 300°.  Put the sauce on for the last 10 minutes.  Pretty good.  Will cut the sauce time back to 7-8 minutes next try.

The picture says you nailed them
Thanks. They were quite good...some of the best I ever made. Meat came off the bones perfectly. The simplicity and quickness of this grill are awesome.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 17 Sep 2023 - 12:46

WTF? I'm trying to print out a meatloaf recipe and 12 pages later it's still effing printing. I don't need pages and pages of crappy black and white pictures of meatloaf and a bunch of tips such as turn the oven on. I need the recipe and that's it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 17 Sep 2023 - 12:51

Jake from State Farm wrote:WTF? I'm trying to print out a meatloaf recipe and 12 pages later it's still effing printing. I don't need pages and pages of crappy black and white pictures of meatloaf and a bunch of tips such as turn the oven on. I need the recipe and that's it.

They have an option that allows you to only print the pages you want
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 17 Sep 2023 - 13:28

Jake from State Farm wrote:WTF? I'm trying to print out a meatloaf recipe and 12 pages later it's still effing printing. I don't need pages and pages of crappy black and white pictures of meatloaf and a bunch of tips such as turn the oven on. I need the recipe and that's it.
Here's a recipe I've used for years from the book Nourishing Traditions.  Really good but don't need that much cream to soak the breadcrumbs.  

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 Meatlo12

If smoking, I recommend adding some sauteed jalapeno.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 17 Sep 2023 - 15:06

aualum06 wrote:

They have an option that allows you to only print the pages you want

I ended up copy and pasting what I needed into word and printed it from there and threw out all the pages of the history of meatloaf. It turned out pretty good. My wife even liked what little of it she can taste. She lost most of her taste and smell yesterday to covid.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun 17 Sep 2023 - 15:14

Next time when you print, look at your options that pop up. Click on the button that says "selection." Then below that should say what pages. So if it's 12 pages long, and you need pages 5 and 6. Just put 5-6. And that's what it will print.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 17 Sep 2023 - 15:31

Dendrobates wrote:

Next time when you print, look at your options that pop up. Click on the button that says "selection." Then below that should say what pages. So if it's 12 pages long, and you need pages 5 and 6. Just put 5-6. And that's what it will print.

I try that, problem is if I print pages 5-6 I end up with half of 4, page 5 and half of 6 or it ends up printing pages 7 and 8. Maybe it's my printer, maybe it's me, who knows.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 20:17

I suggest McDonalds for the best in Irish dining.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 20:29

Heat getting some riffraff to deal with?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 20:49

Why are bots trying to engage us in dialogue? I hardly want to talk to people, let alone AI pretending to be human.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 20:51

Motown Spartan wrote:I suggest McDonalds for the best in Irish dining.

I like it when the pimply-faced kid from French Fries gets on the counter and jigs up a storm or until he wheezes away in shame.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 14 Jan 2024 - 12:30

Put it off a long time but finally ordered costela (beef ribs) from Fogo De Chao.  Only comes as a 5# rack from Doordash.  Was expecting it to be awesome but ended up highly disappointed.  Too salty.  Had one rib and now trying to figure out what to do with the rest.  Think I'll get some low sodium beef stock and braise in the crockpot with some veggies.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 23 20240110
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 11:09

I’ve been watching a lot of the Food Network for the past three weeks. Seeing that I have not much else to do.  In my informal study/note taking, I’ve found that every recipe I’ve watched is anywhere from 3 to 8 garlic cloves short and none of these cooking experts seem to agree with me

But I know I’m right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 11:30

DWags wrote:I’ve been watching a lot of the Food Network for the past three weeks. Seeing that I have not much else to do.  In my informal study/note taking, I’ve found that every recipe I’ve watched is anywhere from 3 to 8 garlic cloves short and none of these cooking experts seem to agree with me

But I know I’m right.
You are. I always double or triple the amount of garlic a recipe calls for. Never too much garlic.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 12:35

DWags wrote:I’ve been watching a lot of the Food Network for the past three weeks. Seeing that I have not much else to do.  In my informal study/note taking, I’ve found that every recipe I’ve watched is anywhere from 3 to 8 garlic cloves short and none of these cooking experts seem to agree with me

But I know I’m right.

Tastemade has some great shows.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 12:42

NigelUno wrote:

But I know I’m right.

???? Never heard of it. Network?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 12:51

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

???? Never heard of it. Network?

It's a channel on YouTubeTV. And an app.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 13:11

I finally learned how to make crispy hash browns. I boil the potatoes for ten minutes before grating and frying them.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Mon 5 Feb 2024 - 9:18

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I finally learned how to make crispy hash browns. I boil the potatoes for ten minutes before grating and frying them.

Do you peel them?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 0:20

False Facts About Shrimp You Thought Were True
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 6:56

The Pantry wrote:False Facts About Shrimp You Thought Were True

Yay! We can eat the vein!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 8:48

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:False Facts About Shrimp You Thought Were True

Yay! We can eat the vein!!
Annoys me when contestants on FN shows get knocked for not removing it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 10:14

Braised a 5 pound chuck roast in a large cast iron pan yesterday. Braising liquid was a mixture of tomato sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard, garlic, onion, vinegar, lemon juice. 4 hours of cooking time. Excellent.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sat 16 Mar 2024 - 11:44

Oh, and still wondering if Pervis peels the potatoes he uses for hash browns before or after boiling or not at all?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next