Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw

4 posters

Go down

Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw Empty Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-25, 10:18

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841875-the-mess-jimbo-left-inside-fsus-fall-and-willie-taggarts-plan-to-rise-again

FSU of course was at a higher peak, and the valley is probably a little bit higher than ours. I put almost all of that on name brand and ability to recruit top talent due to aforementioned name brand and geographic locale. But the parallels are very similar.

I think the emphasis in the article placed on the QB recruiting failures is both relevant and slightly overblown. No program in the country has a 100% hit rate on their next QB1. Sometimes the team/program around the QB during those off/miss years is strong enough to hold the on field product together. Sometimes it isn't.

Read it and let me know what you think.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw Empty Re: Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-25, 10:52

I only care about Ferris State.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw Empty Re: Interesting read about FSU football and certain parallels one might draw

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-25, 12:01

Just read it. I was more focused on what a shit show that program was with all of the off field issues. Pretty infuriating and made me recall how Jameis got away with so much. Pretty disgraceful.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-25, 15:18

Came here to post before Turtleneck’s obligatory Ferris State comment. Saw I was too late.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down