Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't even want to read about college football..

+3
NigelUno
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
7 posters

Go down

I don't even want to read about college football.. Empty I don't even want to read about college football..

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-11, 14:38

What do we do now?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don't even want to read about college football.. Empty Re: I don't even want to read about college football..

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-11, 14:49

I'll admit that I'm staying away from ESPN, although the B1G blog has turned to shit IMO. It looks like Rittenberg might have gotten a promotion, because he is doing other things and not focusing as much on the blog. I hate though that they have about 5 people doing it and enjoyed Ritt and Bennett a lot more. I'm still looking forward to BBall season starting, like I do every year and just tempered my expectations of the football team to making a 'BCS' bowl.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don't even want to read about college football.. Empty Re: I don't even want to read about college football..

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-11, 14:52

I want to read about Winston getting arrested by the FBI.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-11, 14:53

The talking heads were bullshit before last Saturday.  Get ready to party in Atlanta and be happy were not most of the other conference teams.  Agree too, think bball is going to be fun.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-11, 14:58

Basketball will be fun, yeah, but will we be any good?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-11, 14:58

NigelUno wrote:I want to read about Winston getting arrested by the FBI.

I think I just want Florida State and UNC to crumble. Fuck em.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-11, 15:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Basketball will be fun, yeah, but will we be any good?

If the white guys play well.

I don't even want to read about college football.. 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-11, 15:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Basketball will be fun, yeah, but will we be any good?
I don't know what to say about this. If you're expecting a NC every year, or a FF every year, that's tough to do, just ask Duke. Hell, what if we have a regular season like UConn did last year, some horrible losses, and not playing very well and then come tourney time they are gtg.
We're going to lose, there's probably going to be a bad loss in there, wouldn't surprise me if it happens in Dec. If Duke or whoever we play this year in the champions classic (is there one?) blows us out, that will suck. 
I think everyone has also forgotten about the last 40 years of football before Dantonio arrived. Be happy that we could still go to a big bowl game, against a good opponent. I don't know if we'll make the Playoffs, I think we have a good chance in the next few years, but I enjoy watching football on Saturdays.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-11, 15:23

NigelUno wrote:

If the white guys play well.

I don't even want to read about college football.. 3003718628

So, probably not? Costello? Meh...don't think I can see him putting it together. Dude can't run down court without running into another player and sending them out of bounds. No real back to the basket game.

Any other white dudes going to get major PT?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-11, 15:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So, probably not? Costello? Meh...don't think I can see him putting it together. Dude can't run down court without running into another player and sending them out of bounds.  No real back to the basket game.

Any other white dudes going to get major PT?
What are your expectations this year? Do you want to be competitive, or that doesn't matter, you just want the championships, which is what Giant Moose is like.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-11-11, 23:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What do we do now?

Cocaine.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 00:02

SpartanHT wrote:

Cocaine.

I prefer the reefer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 00:06

InTenSity wrote:
What are your expectations this year? Do you want to be competitive, or that doesn't matter, you just want the championships, which is what Giant Moose is like.

Being competitive just doesn't do it for me anymore when it comes to the basketball program. Izzo has been here for too damn long and worked too damn hard for us not to be consistently in the top 2-3 of the Big Ten and at least a sweet 16.

I'm spoiled but I guess my expectations are to win the Big Ten and at least make a run to S16/E8
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-12, 15:29

haven't watched or read anything about about CFB since Saturday. Not ready yet. Funny because I wasn't even super confident about the game anyway. I said to a friend before the game that I wished we had got O$U at the beginning of the season when their QB wasn't ready yet. The way our defense played though, that was depressing. Not sure who's leading that unit.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-11-12, 16:59

I really believe that we have a shot at a NC every year in basketball. UCONN is a great example of how CBB works.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down