Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop slacking and drink more beer

+4
Herbie Green
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
8 posters

Go down

Stop slacking and drink more beer Empty Stop slacking and drink more beer

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-06, 08:28

Michigan is not ranked in the top 10 for beer consumption. Get to work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/04/beer_n_5558782.html?&ir=Chicago&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000059
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Stop slacking and drink more beer Empty Re: Stop slacking and drink more beer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-06, 12:51

Grand Rapids claims to be the #1 beer city in the USA and we can't even crack the top 10? Da ****, GR?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-06, 13:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Grand Rapids claims to be the #1 beer city in the USA and we can't even crack the top 10? Da ****, GR?

GR is the #1 beer city in West Michigan.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-06, 14:06

NigelUno wrote:

GR is the #1 beer city in West Michigan.

Cross that top 10 list with population and suicide rates, and it is a list of depressed people living in small states that drink too much.

9/10 are in the bottom half of states ranked by population, and 6 of the 9 are among the 10 least populated states. 5/10 are in the top 15 for suicides per year. Now that I think about it, Michigan does not want to be on that list.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-06, 15:43

Turtleneck wrote:

Cross that top 10 list with population and suicide rates, and it is a list of depressed people living in small states that drink too much.

9/10 are in the bottom half of states ranked by population, and 6 of the 9 are among the 10 least populated states. 5/10 are in the top 15 for suicides per year. Now that I think about it, Michigan does not want to be on that list.

Add in a lot of guns and we have come full circle.

...was looking at the suicide states and it is surprising to me to see Rocky Mountain states and such. I always felt happy when I lived out west where there was a lot of space and sun. Colorado has 300 days of sun, microbeers, weed, beautiful scenery. What else could one want?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-06, 16:54

Yeah well we've got Ty.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stugots 2014-07-07, 16:10

Turtleneck wrote:Michigan is not ranked in the top 10 for beer consumption. Get to work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/04/beer_n_5558782.html?&ir=Chicago&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000059

Yes sir!
Stugots
Stugots
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-07, 16:15

"More than one-quarter of Wisconsin adults reported binge drinking in 2012, the most nationwide. That year, 8.5% also reported heavy drinking — defined as consuming large numbers of drinks weekly — which was tied with Montana for the most nationwide.

Read more: States That Drink the Most Beer - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/07/01/states-that-drink-the-most-beer-3/#ixzz36odEt0ha
Follow us: @247wallst on Twitter | 247wallst on Facebook
 Stop slacking and drink more beer 969504605 
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-07, 16:20

Chitown_Badger wrote:"More than one-quarter of Wisconsin adults reported binge drinking in 2012, the most nationwide. That year, 8.5% also reported heavy drinking — defined as consuming large numbers of drinks weekly — which was tied with Montana for the most nationwide.

Read more: States That Drink the Most Beer - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/07/01/states-that-drink-the-most-beer-3/#ixzz36odEt0ha
Follow us: @247wallst on Twitter | 247wallst on Facebook
 Stop slacking and drink more beer 969504605 

So how does the causal arrow flow in Wisconsin? There is a bar every 500 feet in that state. Do the number of bars lead people to drink a lot, or are the bars there because people in Wisconsin only want to drink, watch football, and kill deer? But mostly drink.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-07, 16:26

Turtleneck wrote:

So how does the causal arrow flow in Wisconsin? There is a bar every 500 feet in that state. Do the number of bars lead people to drink a lot, or are the bars there because people in Wisconsin only want to drink, watch football, and kill deer? But mostly drink.

That's a pretty good question actually. I think it's the latter. The drinking is very much ingrained in the culture of the state...done whilst killing deer, watching football, fishing, snowmobiling (not safe) etc. And the local bar is often the gathering place for many small communities. Plus, the town bar is often the town restaurant. I don't think that's necessarily unique to Wisconsin, but perhaps the amount of booze people are knocking back when they get there is.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron 2014-07-07, 17:13

Turtleneck wrote:Cross that top 10 list with population and suicide rates, and it is a list of depressed people living in small states that drink too much.

Also, cross the list with the states with the highest percentage of German ancestry. Six of the states listed are in the top seven for German ancestry. North Dakota is number one in percentage of German ancestry and beer consumption.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-07, 17:24

Chitown_Badger wrote:

That's a pretty good question actually. I think it's the latter. The drinking is very much ingrained in the culture of the state...done whilst killing deer, watching football, fishing, snowmobiling (not safe) etc. And the local bar is often the gathering place for many small communities. Plus, the town bar is often the town restaurant. I don't think that's necessarily unique to Wisconsin, but perhaps the amount of booze people are knocking back when they get there is.

You have described a paradise.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-07, 17:25

Echos Myron wrote:

Also, cross the list with the states with the highest percentage of German ancestry. Six of the states listed are in the top seven for German ancestry. North Dakota is number one in percentage of German ancestry and beer consumption.

I am so glad we didn't give up after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron 2014-07-07, 17:34

Turtleneck wrote:I am so glad we didn't give up after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

You're rolling
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-07, 17:40

Turtleneck wrote:

You have described a paradise.

Stop slacking and drink more beer 502811600 

Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger