Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN's FPI rankings. This is why they have to just stop. Just stop.

+2
tGreenWay
DWags
6 posters

Go down

ESPN's FPI rankings.  This is why they have to just stop.  Just stop. Empty ESPN's FPI rankings. This is why they have to just stop. Just stop.

Post by DWags 2020-01-14, 13:32

LSU finishes 3rd. Yep. 3rd.

Final ESPN FPI rankings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN's FPI rankings.  This is why they have to just stop.  Just stop. Empty Re: ESPN's FPI rankings. This is why they have to just stop. Just stop.

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-14, 13:47

DWags wrote:LSU finishes 3rd. Yep. 3rd.

Final ESPN FPI rankings.

LSU is 3rd, sure, and that was handing out fake cash last night. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

ESPN's FPI rankings.  This is why they have to just stop.  Just stop. Empty Re: ESPN's FPI rankings. This is why they have to just stop. Just stop.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-14, 14:02

If FNPI is still using recruiting rankings then it is worthless in January when discussing the recently completed season.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-14, 15:08

What? Can someone explain to me what the hell I'm looking at?

ESPN is so fucking stupid.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-01-14, 15:31

steveschneider wrote:What? Can someone explain to me what the hell I'm looking at?

Don't try to figure out ESPN's logic. You'll likely hurt your brain. Remember, never argue with an idiot (ESPN), they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-14, 15:40

Senior Dickfist wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What? Can someone explain to me what the hell I'm looking at?

Don't try to figure out ESPN's logic. You'll likely hurt your brain. Remember, never argue with an idiot (ESPN), they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reminds me of the same type of process that gave Michigan a 'national championship'. Bunch of dip shits voted and gave them the trophy. Congrats.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-14, 15:55

Shit like this is why people don't take analytics seriously (enough). "Stupid made up stat says LSU wasn't the best, so I can safely ignore BABIP or True Shooting % or [insert useful advanced stat X here]."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-14, 16:48

I could do a better job than whoever threw together that awful list and I've only watched a handful of MSU games and a few bowl games all season long.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-14, 16:59

It’s been ever thus. When I was single, I’d go to bars as a mid-grade 3 star, then consistently perform above my grade and skill set, bringing home high 4- and (occasionally) 5-star talent. Did it ever get me into the top 10? Top 20? No.

Fuck stars.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-14, 17:45

tGreenWay wrote:It’s been ever thus. When I was single, I’d go to bars as a mid-grade 3 star, then consistently perform above my grade and skill set, bringing home high 4- and (occasionally) 5-star talent. Did it ever get me into the top 10? Top 20? No.

Fuck stars.

Dude, when you walk into a bar of hags and three of them have more than five teeth and weigh less than 180 doesn’t mean they’re 4&5 stars. It just means they’re 4&5 stars for that bar you’re in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-14, 18:13

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It’s been ever thus. When I was single, I’d go to bars as a mid-grade 3 star, then consistently perform above my grade and skill set, bringing home high 4- and (occasionally) 5-star talent. Did it ever get me into the top 10? Top 20? No.

Fuck stars.

Dude, when you walk into a bar of hags and three of them have more than five teeth and weigh less than 180 doesn’t mean they’re 4&5 stars. It just means they’re 4&5 stars for that bar you’re in.

Well sure, now...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-14, 19:00

So after the SuperBowl is ESPN going to publish a list that declares the Ravens the best team in football? This is just chaos and undermines our institutions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-14, 19:21

steveschneider wrote:So after the SuperBowl is ESPN going to publish a list that declares the Ravens the best team in football? This is just chaos and undermines our institutions.

If by chaos you mean stupid, then sure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-14, 19:35

steveschneider wrote:So after the SuperBowl is ESPN going to publish a list that declares the Ravens the best team in football? This is just chaos and undermines our institutions.

FUCKING STEVE! ESPN's FPI rankings.  This is why they have to just stop.  Just stop. 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down