Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

+10
StylesGShmooth
Cameron
Rocinante
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
DWags
tGreenWay
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  Empty Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-04, 04:33

Another 16 injured. Shooter is also dead. It’s been a banner day for the NRA and 2A zealots.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49224816
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  Empty Re: Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

Post by DWags 2019-08-04, 06:26

I’m willing to bet another of us on this board due from a gun shot before one of us die from natural causes. We’ve already lost one. I pray none of you are the next. I fear one of us will.

Domestic terrorists. Easy access to weapons of choice.

An administration who tells them why they should hate.

That’s a hell of a cocktail
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  Empty Re: Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 06:30

Only 9?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-04, 06:53

Wow.. the GOP and NRA are having a good start to August.

Bet this has them excited for back to school shootings.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  Empty Fuck the gun nuts (Dayton shooting, 9 dead)

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-04, 08:47

Seriously. Fuck you. Something substantial needs to be done, but it won't in our lifetime.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/04/747989695/9-killed-at-least-16-injured-in-shooting-in-dayton-ohio
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-04, 08:55

Infuriating. These people are terrorists.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 10:40

But... but....but....guns have been around forever. So has hate, racism, extremism, and bigotry.

So........ MERICA!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-04, 10:51

Well, we're back to video games.

[tw]1158017566989783041[/tw]

[tw]1158008058930442240[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-04, 11:07

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  502811600

Holy fuck America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-04, 11:21

Current levels of thoughts and prayers aren't working. We need to double our efforts.

Also, as proven around the world, banning video games is the answer............
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-04, 11:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  502811600

Holy fuck America is a stupid country.

Freedom loving politicians support curtailing freedom of speech. Weird.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 11:28

Turtleneck wrote:Well, we're back to video games.

This is not incorrect. It's not the problem exclusively but it is a factor.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-04, 11:38

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Well, we're back to video games.

This is not incorrect. It's not the problem exclusively but it is a factor.

No. Fuck that. Video games have fuck all to do with any of these mass murders. That's propoganda pushed by the fucking NRA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/politics/trump-video-games-shootings.amp.html
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-08-04, 12:05

Yeah Kingston. Why don’t you go ahead and blame Black Sabbath.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 12:13

You guys really like reading more into a post than was actually said. You also like to cherry pick the commonalities in Mass shootings that fit your argument. It's exactly why nothing gets done or no progress is made.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-08-04, 12:16

I'm to the point where no potential solution is off the table. We need to attack this from all angles. I've never seen credible evidence that there's a link between video games and mass shootings, but I'm no longer willing to take the possibility off the table. I love video games, but let's take a long, hard look at everything. Gun control, mental health, video games, media coverage of the perpetrators, there are probably changes we can make in all areas, and we need to do everything and anything that we can.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 13:25

If you think a child raised in an abusive household who sees abuse happen as an everyday occurrence has a higher likely hood of becoming an abuser but don't think that a kid who sees violence in video games everyday and becomes desensitized to it or can start to crave the high, then your kidding yourself or being intentionally obtuse. I agree Cameron, at this point nothing should be off the table.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-04, 13:31

kingstonlake wrote:You guys really like reading more into a post than was actually said. You also like to cherry pick the commonalities in Mass shootings that fit your argument. It's exactly why nothing gets done or no progress is made.

And you're reading a fuck ton more into this than what I said. Tell you what, I'm more than willing to ban all violent video games if we can ban all semi-automatic guns as well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-08-04, 15:00

Every country in the world has violent video games and mental health issues. No other country has this problem. I feel like we should probably look into the fact that we have way more guns than any other country.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 15:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:You guys really like reading more into a post than was actually said. You also like to cherry pick the commonalities in Mass shootings that fit your argument. It's exactly why nothing gets done or no progress is made.

And you're reading a fuck ton more into this than what I said. Tell you what, I'm more than willing to ban all violent video games if we can ban all semi-automatic guns as well.

I'm not saying we should ban all violent video games, Pylon.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 15:33

I'm also tired of politicians and leaders falling all over each other for camera time. I don't need to hear from the mayor, the governor, the fbi, the police chief, the deputy police chief, the senator, the congressman, the city councilman. Fuck off. You're all to blame. You're part of the problem. I don't need your sound bites or cute anecdotes. I'm tired of them saying....

This isn't El Paso
this isn't Gilroy
this isn't dayton
this isn't ascension parish
this isn't sebring
this isn't aurora
this isn't Charlotte
this isn't Virginia Beach
this isn't thousand oaks
this isn't Pittsburg
this isn't Santa Fe
this isn't Scottsdale
this isn't Parkland

Bullshit. It is.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-04, 15:46

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What are you talking about then? If violent video games are a problem and you don't want to ban them what do you want? A background check before you can buy violent video games?

Jesus Christ, this conversation is getting fucking stupid. Why do no other 1st world countries in the world have the same amount of mass shootings as America? Can we start there?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 15:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

What are you talking about then? If violent video games are a problem and you don't want to ban them what do you want? A background check before you can buy violent video games?

Jesus Christ, this conversation is getting fucking stupid. Why do no other 1st world countries in the world have the same amount of mass shootings as America? Can we start there?

Sorry you feel that way Pylon.

And no you can't start at "Why do no other 1st world countries in the world have the same amount of mass shootings as America"

Do you know why?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 16:40

Melania rocking the 6" 👠 for the quick statement after the weekend of partying at Trump's golf course. "We've done more than any other administration on this issue". Yes you have orange fuckwad. You've encouraged it. "Hate has no place in our country" not a word about white nationalism. Also said he spoke to the governor's of both states (battle ground states) and they're working on this problem. Don't recall such in depth hands on work in a state like California that he will lose. I could be wrong but that's my memory.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2019-08-04, 16:41; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-08-04, 16:40

Yeah, video games are the problem. [eyeroll]

Classic deflection ploy from the right since "thoughts and prayers" + "too soon" have worn out. Anything but gun control. Ozzy's still alive. Let's drag his ass back into court. It's probably his fault.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 16:42

Heat Miser wrote:Yeah, video games are the problem. [eyeroll]

Classic deflection ploy from the right since "thoughts and prayers" + "too soon" have worn out. Anything but gun control. Ozzy's still alive. Let's drag his ass back into court. It's probably his fault.

Nobody here said they are THE problem. Read it again. And we really appreciate the drive by post, part timer.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-08-04, 16:58

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Yeah, video games are the problem. [eyeroll]

Nobody here said they are THE problem. Read it again. And we really appreciate the drive by post, part timer.

More deflection. Bravo.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 17:10

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

More deflection. Bravo.

Ok.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-08-04, 17:53

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

More deflection. Bravo.

Not sure who this "we" is.

I appreciate your posts.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-04, 18:14

The asshole in Dayton murdered his sister. She was one of the nine dead.
https://news.yahoo.com/shooting-dayton-ohio-under-investigation-081735995.html?soc_src=newsroom&soc_trk=com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard&.tsrc=newsroom
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-04, 18:18

And if anyone is keeping track, there have been more mass shootings this year (251) than there have been days in the year (216).
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-04, 18:20

FYI:
If you feel like sharing an opinion on all the murdered in El Paso and Dayton, #MassacreMitch is trending on Twitter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-04, 18:31

tGreenWay wrote:And if anyone is keeping track, there have been more mass shootings this year (251) than there have been days in the year (216).
who would've ever thought that Space Invaders would lead to this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-04, 18:36

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

And no you can't start at "Why do no other 1st world countries in the world have the same amount of mass shootings as America"

Do you know why?

Because you know the obvious answer and don't want to go down that road?

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what you want done with video games. Are we gonna get that answer or nah?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 18:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Do you know why?

Because you know the obvious answer and don't want to go down that road?

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what you want done with video games. Are we gonna get that answer or nah?

The obvious answer is they don't have the same guns laws we have. You can't pretend over 300 million guns aren't out there. So whining like a baby about other countries gun laws is idiotic and a none starter. We both know those guns aren't going anywhere. Unless you want to engage in fantasy and suggest we confiscate them and start from scratch. Good luck with that. You play they cards in your hand. And it's a bad hand. So you keep on whining about other countries gun laws and we'll see where that gets us. See you in the next mass shooting thread.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-04, 18:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:And if anyone is keeping track, there have been more mass shootings this year (251) than there have been days in the year (216).

What's your suggestion besides being a do nothing behind a keyboard and mocking everything?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-08-04, 18:52

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What's your suggestion besides being a do nothing behind a keyboard and mocking everything?

You could start by taxing guns and bullets like cigarettes and booze.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-08-04, 19:21

StylesGShmooth wrote:Every country in the world has violent video games and mental health issues. No other country has this problem. I feel like we should probably look into the fact that we have way more guns than any other country.

Bingo.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-08-04, 19:33

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I read a post today that getting a gun should be as difficult as getting an abortion. I thought that was a good idea, especially these states that only have one or two clinics. They can only sell guns from one store in the state.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-08-04, 19:40

InTenSity wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I read a post today that getting a gun should be as difficult as getting an abortion. I thought that was a good idea, especially these states that only have one or two clinics. They can only sell guns from one store in the state.

Sounds good to me.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next