Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

+10
StylesGShmooth
Cameron
Rocinante
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
DWags
tGreenWay
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

Post by Turtleneck Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

You could start by taxing guns and bullets like cigarettes and booze.
I read a post today that getting a gun should be as difficult as getting an abortion. I thought that was a good idea, especially these states that only have one or two clinics. They can only sell guns from one store in the state.

Gun rights advocates want absolute gun freedom. None of the other protected freedoms in the Bill of Rights are absolute, so I fail to see how the right to own firearms should be absolute.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton

Post by kingstonlake Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

What's your suggestion besides being a do nothing behind a keyboard and mocking everything?

You could start by taxing guns and bullets like cigarettes and booze.

Anything. Anything is a start.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I read a post today that getting a gun should be as difficult as getting an abortion. I thought that was a good idea, especially these states that only have one or two clinics. They can only sell guns from one store in the state.

Gun rights advocates want absolute gun freedom. None of the other protected freedoms in the Bill of Rights are absolute, so I fail to see how the right to own firearms should be absolute.

Fuckin A right.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:46 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: who would've ever thought that Space Invaders would lead to this.

What's your suggestion besides being a do nothing behind a keyboard and mocking everything?
you have no idea what I'm doing when I'm not mocking people behind a keyboard.

(your anger seems misplaced. It's cool - I don't mind you being snippy.. we're here for ya, dude. It's a dark time in America).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Sorry if I'm being a dick but it makes me so mad. I don't get it. I just don't. Sorry Pylon, Heat, Bob. It infuriates me because outside of confiscation were fucked. The strongest purchase limitation do nothing to stop the ability of obtaining them illegally. What makes me sooooo fucking angry is Everytime I bring this up with friends or family they always jump right to "you just want to take guns away" and when I talk to anti gun people they jump right to the gun being the reason these people are dead. It's neither, but nobody will fucking budge. It's so frustrating.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:57 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Because you know the obvious answer and don't want to go down that road?

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what you want done with video games. Are we gonna get that answer or nah?

The obvious answer is they don't have the same guns laws we have. You can't pretend over 300 million guns aren't out there. So whining like a baby about other countries gun laws is idiotic and a none starter. We both know those guns aren't going anywhere. Unless you want to engage in fantasy and suggest we confiscate them and start from scratch. Good luck with that. You play they cards in your hand. And it's a bad hand. So you keep on whining about other countries gun laws and we'll see where that gets us. See you in the next mass shooting thread.

You're right, our gun laws aren't like the rest of the world. Why can't we change that?

What makes you think I'm whining to imagine the United States should have the same mass murder rate as the rest of the world?

Should we all just suck it up and accept what's happening? For someone who said you think we should be looking at everything you have offered no ideas of your own. And I'm STILL waiting on what you want done with violent video games.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Sorry if I'm being a dick but it makes me so mad. I don't get it. I just don't. Sorry Pylon, Heat, Bob. It infuriates me because outside of confiscation were fucked. The strongest purchase limitation do nothing to stop the ability of obtaining them illegally. What makes me sooooo fucking angry is Everytime I bring this up with friends or family they always jump right to "you just want to take guns away" and when I talk to anti gun people they jump right to the gun being the reason these people are dead. It's neither, but nobody will fucking budge. It's so frustrating.

Make. It. Harder. To. Get. Guns. Today.

Jesus fuck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:05 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Sorry if I'm being a dick but it makes me so mad. I don't get it. I just don't. Sorry Pylon, Heat, Bob. It infuriates me because outside of confiscation were fucked. The strongest purchase limitation do nothing to stop the ability of obtaining them illegally. What makes me sooooo fucking angry is Everytime I bring this up with friends or family they always jump right to "you just want to take guns away" and when I talk to anti gun people they jump right to the gun being the reason these people are dead. It's neither, but nobody will fucking budge. It's so frustrating.
it's cool dude.. like I said, it's a frightening time and America is on a dangerous precipice. We're all anxious and filled with uncertainty.

It's a combination of many factors: the prevelance of guns, a lack of moral leadership, the breakdown of the family, people ascending to power by deliberately dividing America by race, religion, immigration status, etc., mental health accessibility, stigmatizing the need for mental healthcare. Raising boys to become toxic men.. marginalizing the most vulnerable among us.

The list could go on and on and there is no easy solution.. but we can start by treating each other with respect, promoting the sanctity of life - every life, electing men and women we can look up to, who our children can look up to, understanding that it takes a village and that every person's victory in life is a shared victory and every person's disappointment is a shared disappointment with the possibility of growth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:10 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The obvious answer is they don't have the same guns laws we have. You can't pretend over 300 million guns aren't out there. So whining like a baby about other countries gun laws is idiotic and a none starter. We both know those guns aren't going anywhere. Unless you want to engage in fantasy and suggest we confiscate them and start from scratch. Good luck with that. You play they cards in your hand. And it's a bad hand. So you keep on whining about other countries gun laws and we'll see where that gets us. See you in the next mass shooting thread.

You're right, our gun laws aren't like the rest of the world. Why can't we change that?

What makes you think I'm whining to imagine the United States should have the same mass murder rate as the rest of the world?

Should we all just suck it up and accept what's happening? For someone who said you think we should be looking at everything you have offered no ideas of your own. And I'm STILL waiting on what you want done with violent video games.

Pylon I have absolutely no idea what to do about violent video games and the effect they have on certain kids who may be prone to takes steps of acting out on violence, rage, or suicide. I don't have an answer. I believe the second leading cause of death among males between the ages of 9-14, 15-23, and 24-32 is suicide. I'll have to dig up the study that correlated that with the spike in those suicide rates and the boom in the late 90's of violent video games. It went into the desensitizing effects the games had on males. And obviously we've seen a spike in young males, white specifically, and killing without remorse or thought or care. Just kill.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 am

mainstream media is reporting that the Dayton shooter was "far left" with regard to politics..

I'm sure the fine, patriotic pro-life republicans will {ahem} not politicize this.. at all. Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  - Page 2 502811600

(CNN) - A Twitter account that appears to belong to Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts retweeted extreme left-wing and anti-police posts, as well as tweets supporting Antifa, or anti-fascist, protesters.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

(to be clear, white men are the problem in America).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:mainstream media is reporting that the Dayton shooter was "far left" with regard to politics..

I'm sure the fine, patriotic pro-life republicans will {ahem} not politicize this.. at all. Nine confirmed dead following mass shooting overnight in Dayton  - Page 2 502811600

(CNN) - A Twitter account that appears to belong to Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts retweeted extreme left-wing and anti-police posts, as well as tweets supporting Antifa, or anti-fascist, protesters.

You would never politicize it either, would ya? You are part of this problem and it’s sad that you don’t even realize it.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:mainstream media is reporting that the Dayton shooter was "far left" with regard to politics..

You would never politicize it either, would ya? You are part of this problem and it’s sad that you don’t even realize it.
I am very proud to politicize white supremacy, bigotry, misogyny and murder.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:27 am

The mayor of Dayton is fantastic.

[tw]1158430945806049281[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 am

Turtleneck wrote:The mayor of Dayton is fantastic.

I agree - I like her.

however, it's unfortunate that we live in world where even the Mayor of the latest city impacted by gun violence feels the need to be outspoken about how incompetent the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:00 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:The mayor of Dayton is fantastic.

I agree - I like her.

however, it's unfortunate that we live in world where even the Mayor of the latest city impacted by gun violence feels the need to be outspoken about how incompetent the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is.

Start the countdown clock before the racist sexual predator does something misogynistic about a woman speaking out. 5...4...3...
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:00 pm

I saw an article somewhere about the Dayton shooter. Last I heard, they still weren't clear about what his motivation was for the shooting. I believe his twitter bio self identified as both a leftist and a satanist. Seems like a troubled individual from what little I've read about it. Apparently, they aren't entirely sure whether he killed his sister on purpose or not. Lots of questions about that whole situation.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Who knows. Thought I read there were a "string" of "likes" in his Twitter feed for leftist articles or retweets. Odd timing one would say.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:36 pm

Cameron wrote:

I saw an article somewhere about the Dayton shooter. Last I heard, they still weren't clear about what his motivation was for the shooting. I believe his twitter bio self identified as both a leftist and a satanist. Seems like a troubled individual from what little I've read about it. Apparently, they aren't entirely sure whether he killed his sister on purpose or not. Lots of questions about that whole situation.
yeah, and who knows.. I don't really care if he was a leftist, a right wing nut, a satanist, a christian, a plumber, a world champion Scrabble enthusiast..

he was a well-armed white male with what seems to be a well-documented history of anger, rage and aggression that went unreported. And that's the problem.. or at least a good start to understanding the problem.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2