Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Woke Thread

+3
Turtleneck
Cameron
steveschneider
7 posters

Go down

The Official Woke Thread Empty The Official Woke Thread

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm

I guess almonds are over (terrible for the environment). I guess people are drinking oat milk or coconut milk instead.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Official Woke Thread Empty Re: The Official Woke Thread

Post by Cameron Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm

I don't really understand the fake milk stuff. I guess if you're lactose intolerant, you still want something on your cereal so it's not completely dry. But just drinking a glass of soy milk or some shit? I just don't know why anyone would do that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Cameron wrote:I don't really understand the fake milk stuff. I guess if you're lactose intolerant, you still want something on your cereal so it's not completely dry. But just drinking a glass of soy milk or some shit? I just don't know why anyone would do that.

Meat is murder and dairy is assault. That's why.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Cameron wrote:I don't really understand the fake milk stuff. I guess if you're lactose intolerant, you still want something on your cereal so it's not completely dry. But just drinking a glass of soy milk or some shit? I just don't know why anyone would do that.

I actually use almond milk in a few applications just because I actually like the taste of it more than real milk. When I make steal cut oats I think almond milk works better. I can't stand any of the milk alternatives in coffee or tea. My friend in LA told me some hip woke natural food stores are now selling camel milk. Blech.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:39 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Meat is murder and dairy is assault. That's why.

So drink water or V8 or something.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 am

Almond (or coconut or oat) milk is NOT milk. It needs to be renamed Almond juice. Just because it's white doesn't make it milk.

The Official Woke Thread 1811933421
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am

What the fuck is wrong with almonds now? They're delicious.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:49 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What the fuck is wrong with almonds now? They're delicious.

According to the people in my woke echo chamber the way they are farmed is bad. They have to divert too much water to grow them.

The Key Issues

Commercial almond production in California requires diverting ground and surface waters from the state’s aqueduct system for irrigation. As cited in an article in the New York Times, it takes approximately 15 gallons of water to produce just 16 almonds, making almonds one of the most water-intensive crops in the state. Critics of almond milk’s status as a healthy alternative say that there aren’t enough nutritional benefits to justify the gallons of water necessary to grow almonds.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 am

Maybe this will cause deplorables in red states that hate California to eat more almonds.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am

Don’t we already have a milk thread or ten on the main board I don’t know why this is political pylon please move
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:41 am

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What the fuck is wrong with almonds now? They're delicious.

According to the people in my woke echo chamber the way they are farmed is bad. They have to divert too much water to grow them.

The Key Issues

Commercial almond production in California requires diverting ground and surface waters from the state’s aqueduct system for irrigation. As cited in an article in the New York Times, it takes approximately 15 gallons of water to produce just 16 almonds, making almonds one of the most water-intensive crops in the state. Critics of almond milk’s status as a healthy alternative say that there aren’t enough nutritional benefits to justify the gallons of water necessary to grow almonds.

I don't give a fuck about almond milk, but keep your libtard hands off my whole almonds.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Don’t we already have a milk thread or ten on the main board I don’t know why this is political pylon please move

This thread isn't about milk it's about woke.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:15 am

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Don’t we already have a milk thread or ten on the main board I don’t know why this is political pylon please move

This thread isn't about milk it's about woke.

I’m not sure that that word means what you think it means
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:25 am

You know Pantry will lose his shit over this and start calling everyone stupid libs. Thread stays.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:51 am

Damn it pylon please
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 am

Nothing to do with milk.

This shit is getting stupid.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am

Cameron wrote:Nothing to do with milk.

This shit is getting stupid.

Great addition to the thread. I really think Twitter distorts reality. I think people see this shit on social media, see the outrage and then follow the herd. I really don't see normal adults that don't go on social media getting upset about this shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 am

Does it not also work in the opposite direction steve
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Does it not also work in the opposite direction steve

Opposite direction meaning what? Like a backlash-to-the-outrage type of scenario? Or like outrage in real life that then migrates to social media?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Cameron wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Does it not also work in the opposite direction steve

Opposite direction meaning what? Like a backlash-to-the-outrage type of scenario? Or like outrage in real life that then migrates to social media?

Good question. Regarding any Outrage that starts in the real world and migrates to social media, I'd argue that I haven't seen anything that worked the opposite direction that is on par with the examples provided in that article. I think russian troll farms amplify that shit on Twitter in an effort to make people divisive. I just can't recall any time in the real world where someone goes 'wow, did you see that commercial with two gay dads?'
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Cameron wrote:

Meaning that I do not think that you were perusing the bbc’s website when you found that article... now we’re talking about commercials that were banned in Europe and were, for lack of a better word, outraged about it and it’s because of social media just the way steve described. What’s odd is that the article even talks about the reasons the commercials got banned, and that sounds a lot less about social media outrage than the outrage about the outrage is.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Meaning that I do not think that you were perusing the bbc’s website when you found that article... now we’re talking about commercials that were banned in Europe and were, for lack of a better word, outraged about it and it’s because of social media just the way steve described. What’s odd is that the article even talks about the reasons the commercials got banned, and that sounds a lot less about social media outrage than the outrage about the outrage is.

I absolutely was browsing BBC News when I came across that article. I have a twitter account, but I almost never look at it. That shit rots your mind, just take a look at poor steve. He's the one who brought social media into this. I just posted the article because it seemed like a sort of "woke" topic.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Cameron wrote:

I absolutely was browsing BBC News when I came across that article. I have a twitter account, but I almost never look at it. That shit rots your mind, just take a look at poor steve. He's the one who brought social media into this. I just posted the article because it seemed like a sort of "woke" topic.

Okay, that’s fair. I took a leap on an assumption and I fell.

But, the point still stands that lots of times that happens like that. I think that’s also fair to say
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Cameron wrote:

Okay, that’s fair. I took a leap on an assumption and I fell.

But, the point still stands that lots of times that happens like that. I think that’s also fair to say

I don't disagree. I was simply looking to clarify about the "opposite direction" thing.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 pm

I'd argue most journalists hang out on twitter and are addicted to it. The main draw to twitter for me initially was to get more news and I followed mostly journalists. I think a lot of them see the twitter outrage have reported on it. Also, we don't know what drove the audience members in that article to complain. I'm spit balling but I'm betting they saw that shit on twitter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm

steveschneider wrote:I'd argue most journalists hang out on twitter and are addicted to it. The main draw to twitter for me initially was to get more news and I followed mostly journalists. I think a lot of them see the twitter outrage have reported on it. Also, we don't know what drove the audience members in that article to complain. I'm spit balling but I'm betting they saw that shit on twitter.

There were 3 of them for one of the commercials steve. 3 people.

I understand that twitter hurt you and I’m very sorry.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:46 pm

steveschneider wrote:I'd argue most journalists hang out on twitter and are addicted to it. The main draw to twitter for me initially was to get more news and I followed mostly journalists. I think a lot of them see the twitter outrage have reported on it. Also, we don't know what drove the audience members in that article to complain. I'm spit balling but I'm betting they saw that shit on twitter.

Thanks for your concern. There was 128 complaints for the other one but nice cherry picking on your part.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Thanks for your concern. There was 128 complaints for the other one but nice cherry picking on your part.

128 The Official Woke Thread 1f631

I just find your outrage about outrage very amusing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 pm

steveschneider wrote:

I’m not outraged at all was just making an observation. The only one that seemed outraged was you when we were talking about almond milk.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 pm

steveschneider wrote:

I’m not outraged at all was just making an observation. The only one that seemed outraged was you when we were talking about almond milk.

I can be outraged too. Haven't been outraged for a while now so I'm due to be outraged any day now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:50 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can be outraged too. Haven't been outraged for a while now so I'm due to be outraged any day now.

Let it out, Jake.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down