Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Warren or Sanders beat Trump?

+8
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
DWags
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can Warren or Sanders beat Trump?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Warren or Sanders beat Trump?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-28, 19:27

This has been one of the best threads on this board in a while. No joke. Good work everyone.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can Warren or Sanders beat Trump?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Warren or Sanders beat Trump?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-08-28, 23:05

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

That’s not very specific

Sigh. There is no diversity in the GOP. There is a ton of diversity in the Dem party. More T’s to cross and I’s to dot. It’s much harder for them to please everyone. Some tend to sit on the sidelines if they feel their hot button issues aren’t addressed. A candidate who hits on as many issues that matter is the most electable when it comes to the general election. They can motivate more of their party to get out and vote. I do think Biden hits more issues that more people can get with in a general election. I think Sanders and Warren hit with many in the primaries. I’m not convinced it can carry to the general though. So bottom line I think Biden is more electable than Sanders or Warren. He’s more to the center. Maybe that carries to the general, maybe it doesn’t. I prefer Warren over Biden but I worry her being way farther to the left than Biden May scare some people. I think there needs to be a ticket with balance. But I don’t think old Joe is down with being second fiddle on a ticket again if it came down to it.

I agree with Kingston. #YangGang
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-29, 07:33

Biden +16 vs Trump

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3638
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-08-29, 08:33

Joe Biden and the Electability Racket
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-08-29, 08:34

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Electability is determined by who gets the most votes, not some talking head in a box on your tv. not some poll. If everyone just votes for who they like then we will find out who is most electable.

Trump was the most electable republican, obviously. But no one would have said that in August 2015. They would have said the soft racists like jeb and Cruz.

I think you’re a bit to much “all in” on the word electability. Certain candidates are unelectable with certain demographics. I think electability is a real thing. The person getting the most votes isn’t “electability”. Especially as it relates to a vastly diverse party like the Democratic Party. It may be what you think it is in the GOP. There’s very little diversity.

You didn’t answer my question Kingston. You said “certain candidates are unelectable with certain demographics” and I asked “which candidates and which demographics” and you don’t seem to want to touch explaining what you mean.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-29, 08:37

I think they can.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-29, 08:37

Cameron wrote:Joe Biden and the Electability Racket

It won’t be the DNC’s choice. It will be the voters choice next year when they participate in the primaries.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-29, 08:53

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:Joe Biden and the Electability Racket

It won’t be the DNC’s choice. It will be the voters choice next year when they participate in the primaries.

The DNC still use superdelagates right? People who aren't tied to each individual state's popular vote. That's pretty fucking stupid.

Update: Wikipedia tells me they're only going to be used in case of a "contested nomination". Better, but still dumb.

On August 25, 2018, the Democratic National Committee agreed to reduce the influence of superdelegates by generally preventing them from voting on the first ballot at the Democratic National Convention, allowing their votes only in a contested nomination.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-29, 08:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I think you’re a bit to much “all in” on the word electability. Certain candidates are unelectable with certain demographics. I think electability is a real thing. The person getting the most votes isn’t “electability”. Especially as it relates to a vastly diverse party like the Democratic Party. It may be what you think it is in the GOP. There’s very little diversity.

You didn’t answer my question Kingston. You said “certain candidates are unelectable with certain demographics” and I asked “which candidates and which demographics” and you don’t seem to want to touch explaining what you mean.

White people?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-29, 08:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The DNC still use superdelagates right? People who aren't tied to each individual state's popular vote. That's pretty fucking stupid.

Update: Wikipedia tells me they're only going to be used in case of a "contested nomination". Better, but still dumb.

On August 25, 2018, the Democratic National Committee agreed to reduce the influence of superdelegates by generally preventing them from voting on the first ballot at the Democratic National Convention, allowing their votes only in a contested nomination.

I think the party listened to all the complaints from 2016 and have done a great job so far. We had over 23 candidates to choose from.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-08-29, 09:26

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think the party listened to all the complaints from 2016 and have done a great job so far.  We had over 23 candidates to choose from.

Rolling Eyes
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-29, 09:52

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think the party listened to all the complaints from 2016 and have done a great job so far.  We had over 23 candidates to choose from.

Rolling Eyes

I mean the only one I've seen crying foul is Tulsi and to her I reply maybe if you polled better than 1% you would make it to the next debates.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3