Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit

+19
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
Rocinante
InTenSity
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
SawGreen
aualum06
DWags
NigelUno
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit - Page 4 Empty Re: ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-20, 15:23

It's shit like this (these ESPN forms of "gotcha journalism") that makes me appreciate, admire and cheer for Dantonio and Izzo even more.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit - Page 4 Empty Re: ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit

Post by By-Tor 2019-09-20, 15:25

Wags maybe you can shed some light on it but I can’t help but wonder how much influence CB is having  on steering metro Detroit recruits away from MSU.   Looking at the 2020 and 2021 classes and there is not a whole lot of interest in MSU.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-20, 15:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:It's shit like this (these ESPN forms of "gotcha journalism") that makes me appreciate, admire and cheer for Dantonio and Izzo even more.

How is this “gotcha journalism”?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-20, 15:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:It's shit like this (these ESPN forms of "gotcha journalism") that makes me appreciate, admire and cheer for Dantonio and Izzo even more.

How is this “gotcha journalism”?
'cause they're basically promoting something that anyone who has paid attention has known about all along.. and amplifying it through the eyes of a disgruntled former employee who is masquerading as Saint Curtis Blackwell the Pious to fit the narrative of the ESPN agenda.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-09-20, 15:35

Rocinante wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

How many reporters, if any, or going to have solid info about the shit he is talking about? Fucking Hondo?

I mean, with the Nassar shit, it would seem like something like this would get some larger paper attention.

It's kind of old news being rehashed.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2019-09-20, 15:37

On the OTL TV show today, MD was named as one of the Villains of the Week. Paraphrasing, "MSU has a total rape culture. (Blah, blah, blah, blah, etc.) And, oh, the testimony cited is from a person suing the school for wrongful termination."

ESPN does appear to have an ax to grind when it comes to MSU.

NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-20, 15:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Yeah Curtis Blackwell lost all credibility in my book. Good luck making this into Spartan Secrets part 2, ESPN.

bump
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-20, 15:55

I bet all the dumb ass Walverines on Twitter are having a field day with this news.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-20, 16:38

By-Tor wrote:Wags maybe you can shed some light on it but I can’t help but wonder how much influence CB is having  on steering metro Detroit recruits away from MSU.   Looking at the 2020 and 2021 classes and there is not a whole lot of interest in MSU.

Absolutely in Detroit. No doubt about it. We are luck that we are in good with Crowell and Belleville.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-20, 16:43

steveschneider wrote:I bet all the dumb ass Walverines on Twitter are having a field day with this news.

Now this is something I don’t care about.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-20, 16:44

Do you know them personally?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-20, 16:52

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I bet all the dumb ass Walverines on Twitter are having a field day with this news.

Now this is something I don’t care about.

I don't either but I can just picture the comment section on his Twitter feed just full of those fuckin low IQ knuckle draggers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-09-20, 17:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Wags maybe you can shed some light on it but I can’t help but wonder how much influence CB is having  on steering metro Detroit recruits away from MSU.   Looking at the 2020 and 2021 classes and there is not a whole lot of interest in MSU.

Absolutely in Detroit. No doubt about it. We are luck that we are in good with Crowell and Belleville.
Some shady shit must be going down in Kentucky. All of a sudden there’s a pipeline to Lexington from Detroit. But at the same token Northwestern is gobbling up Detroit kids so I don’t know. I go to a couple of Friday night games a year and it kinda sucks seeing all these guys going out of state or to Ann Arbor from Oak Park, West Bloomfield, Southfield, etc. There is some strong football talent in the Detroit area at the moment. Clarkston/West Bloomfield alone tonight will have 6-7 Power 5 guys playing and not a single MSU kid.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-20, 18:51

Well Bellamy did play down the road... But we've gotten kids from him before. Mosley and Trishton Jackson. And I think Clarkston is still a MSU school. It's just that those two kids were always probably destined for Top 3-5 type of programs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-20, 20:18

Turtleneck wrote:

Do you know them personally?
not really.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-20, 21:08

At the Apache restaurant drunk. Someone post Dantonio and his attorneys statements.

Giddy up you piece of shit Blackwell
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-20, 21:28

DWags wrote:At the Apache restaurant drunk. Someone post Dantonio and his attorneys statements.

Giddy up you piece of shit Blackwell

Enjoy the wine! Murphy and Blackwell can eat shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-20, 21:32

I texted them to you Wags but here they are.

Lawyers wrote:Statement by Mark Dantonio’s counsel, Tom Kienbaum, of Kienbaum Hardy Viviano Pelton & Forrest, PLC dated September 20, 2019:

“While it is the University’s policy to deal with litigation in court, and not the press, the recent publicity efforts by Mr. Blackwell and his attorney warrant a brief response.

Mr. Blackwell’s lawsuit concerns his allegations that his contract was not renewed because he refused to co-operate with investigations being conducted by the MSUPD and a law firm hired to evaluate the MSU football program’s compliance with sexual assault reporting policies. The lawsuit has nothing to do with the recruitment or actions of any student athletes, including Auston Robertson.

Mr. Blackwell’s publicity seeking efforts to nevertheless inject this and other irrelevancies into this lawsuit seek to deflect from what actually happened, and were already rejected by the court. We have filed a motion for protective order consistent with the court’s earlier ruling.

Coach Dantonio has been more than willing to testify and explain the reasons he decided to not further extend Mr. Blackwell’s contract. This could have been accomplished months earlier, before the onset of the football season, and dates were provided but not accepted by Mr. Blackwell’s counsel. We now expect the court to address the timing and parameters of his deposition in response to our motion.”

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-20, 21:33

Coach Big Balls wrote:“The fact that Mr. Blackwell’s contract was not renewed has nothing to do with Auston Robertson. Two years ago, I spoke at length about Auston Robertson when he was dismissed from the team in 2017. Rather than engage in a public argument with a former staffer, I refer you to those previous statements. Further, there have been multiple investigations into the program’s handling of sexual assaults, including Jones Day in 2017 and the NCAA in 2018, and they concluded that the program and myself committed no violations. With regard to Mr. Blackwell’s lawsuit, because the litigation is ongoing, I have no further comment on this matter and refer all questions to my counsel.”
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-20, 21:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I texted them to you Wags but here they are.

Lawyers wrote:Statement by Mark Dantonio’s counsel, Tom Kienbaum, of Kienbaum Hardy Viviano Pelton & Forrest, PLC dated September 20, 2019:

“While it is the University’s policy to deal with litigation in court, and not the press, the recent publicity efforts by Mr. Blackwell and his attorney warrant a brief response.

Mr. Blackwell’s lawsuit concerns his allegations that his contract was not renewed because he refused to co-operate with investigations being conducted by the MSUPD and a law firm hired to evaluate the MSU football program’s compliance with sexual assault reporting policies. The lawsuit has nothing to do with the recruitment or actions of any student athletes, including Auston Robertson.

Mr. Blackwell’s publicity seeking efforts to nevertheless inject this and other irrelevancies into this lawsuit seek to deflect from what actually happened, and were already rejected by the court. We have filed a motion for protective order consistent with the court’s earlier ruling.

Coach Dantonio has been more than willing to testify and explain the reasons he decided to not further extend Mr. Blackwell’s contract. This could have been accomplished months earlier, before the onset of the football season, and dates were provided but not accepted by Mr. Blackwell’s counsel. We now expect the court to address the timing and parameters of his deposition in response to our motion.”

That’s why I axed. I want ed all to read. Thx WBH
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-20, 21:48

By-Tor wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Some shady shit must be going down in Kentucky. All of a sudden there’s a pipeline to Lexington from Detroit. But at the same token Northwestern is gobbling up Detroit kids so I don’t know. I go to a couple of Friday night games a year and it kinda sucks seeing all these guys going out of state or to Ann Arbor from Oak Park, West Bloomfield, Southfield, etc. There is some strong football talent in the Detroit area at the moment. Clarkston/West Bloomfield alone tonight will have 6-7 Power 5 guys playing and not a single MSU kid.

Lake Orion is 4-0
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-20, 21:56

I believe you mean Lake O'Ryan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-09-20, 23:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I texted them to you Wags but here they are.

I was so on the same page as coach Ds lawyer. Interjecting the Robertson recruitment has absolutely nothing to do with anything from a legal standpoint except try to smear Dantonio’s name in the media.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-09-21, 00:09

Nordic wrote:
Lake Orion is 4-0
Dragons football has its fire back. Hot cocoa on me next month if you make the road trip
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-21, 00:11

Yeah I'm not trying to downplay your opinion at all but I think most realized that. Or at least I did. To me the point was never that CB's testimony was super damning for MD. Or that this had anything to do with AR. It was simply that someone finally was calling the AR situation to the table. Though in retrospect it appears ESPN/Murphy/Lavigne tried to surface this before and it didn't gain traction then. Not sure how I missed that.

This isn't really going to affect anything. If anything Murphy's previous reporting is going to highlight that Coach D didn't know anything about some of that stuff when he agreed to take AR on.

CB is a sleazeball from all accounts. He tried to game this thing and time it perfectly and he shot his shot. But he missed and no one cared.

I still wish we had been smart enough to understand the entirety of AR's history. And that we didn't take him. That is a huge failure.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-09-21, 00:29

Oh I don’t disagree. I was more or less talking about the bullshit local media and Espn
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-21, 00:36

Local media will move on in my opinion. Just not enough buzz. What drives me nuts is that they are all too lazy or too scared of PC implications to really dive in and distill fact from fiction. The only one who will do this is Valenti because he's not a "journalist". Even Comp is scared to wade in these waters.

ESPN will not move on. They have a huge hard on for MSU. I'm not sure if it's because we fought them on the FOIAs or because they have a bunch of UM alums as Execs (this is true actually). Or something else. But damn they are unrelenting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-21, 00:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Local media will move on in my opinion. Just not enough buzz. What drives me nuts is that they are all too lazy or too scared of PC implications to really dive in and distill fact from fiction. The only one who will do this is Valenti because he's not a "journalist". Even Comp is scared to wade in these waters.

ESPN will not move on. They have a huge hard on for MSU. I'm not sure if it's because we fought them on the FOIAs or because they have a bunch of UM alums as Execs (this is true actually). Or something else. But damn they are unrelenting.

Thanks for putting this shit out there.

I don’t like Dantonios offense. I think this is his last year. But this is a hit piece by shitty people. He deserves better. He’s a good person and this guy is a piece of shit.

I have no problem with people thinking Dantonio needs to retire, but this scum bag needs to be destroyed. Fuck him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-21, 06:53

Is it possible CB is a huge POS and his recollection of the AR recruitment is correct?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-21, 07:25

You pretty much are correct. Blackwell, on the street, is saying much worse. We have our advocates. It’s just who Blackwell is. He’s an arch criminal and is very bitter right now. Leads to vindictiveness
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-21, 07:33

[tw]1175234398817587200[/tw]

This is from RJ Shelton's mom, in case you don't know her name.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-21, 08:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1175234398817587200[/tw]

This is from RJ Shelton's mom, in case you don't know her name.

Interesting.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-21, 13:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:Any discussion about Blackwell's dismissal and statement should be clarified that he tried to cover up rape. Not that I expect ESPN to bring up something that hurts the credibility of someone that is bashing Dantonio.

Putting this here so it doesn't muddy up the game thread...

They did a quick snippet, which was fine. Except they post a bit of Dantonio's statement and conviently left that part out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-23, 21:34

Interviewing the fuckwad tomorrow on channel 7 at 6:00 P.M.

This is a set up to run Dantonio down due to Michigan’s shit week. Not paranoid, I know it is.

Tuesday at 6 p.m. on Action News, Blackwell will sit down with Carolyn Clifford about the lawsuit against MSU, his experience as part of the football program and being handcuffed on campus.

Blackwell working with station manager to damage Dantonio as much as possible with this non news story because he’s bitter and vindictive
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-23, 21:35

Don't watch Dwags
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-23, 21:39

I see this as a potential 'win'...it will be like when Avenatti carted out Swetnik and it was apparent both were full of shit pulling off a con.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-23, 21:39

Nordic wrote:Don't watch Dwags

Yeah. I have to let this go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-24, 06:48

DWags wrote:Interviewing the fuckwad tomorrow on channel 7 at 6:00 P.M.

This is a set up to run Dantonio down due to Michigan’s shit week. Not paranoid, I know it is.

Tuesday at 6 p.m. on Action News, Blackwell will sit down with Carolyn Clifford about the lawsuit against MSU, his experience as part of the football program and being handcuffed on campus.

Blackwell working with station manager to damage Dantonio as much as possible with this non news story because he’s bitter and vindictive

WXYZ has been pumping this for a couple of days now. The worst part is that Dantonio and MSU can offer no rebuttal to whatever Blackwell alleges during this "interview" with Clifford.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-24, 09:04

We are going to get wxyz’d.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-24, 09:17

As Nordic advised, I'm not watching. Blood pressure would go through the roof. Fuck this guy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next